Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier Booked For UFC 254 Oct. 24

Who Wins?

• Robert Whittaker

• Jared Cannonier

Results are only viewable after voting.
Am I the only one who thought Whitaker looked like shit vs Till? I know that was a chess match but Whitaker didnt really shine in that fight at all.

I think Cannonier wipes him although I want the Reaper to win
I agree with most everything. But although I like Whittaker a lot I want Cannon to win. Just not very brutally...

Sick fight. I'm taking Whittaker.

Cannonier's power in his punches and kicks and general athleticism are a threat but I think this is a good matchup for Rob

Rob didn't look exceptional against Till and Izzy because they fight very long. Whittaker likes to be in and out of the pocket and they just make that style very hard to play because he has to cover so much distance to get in the pocket. Cannonier generally wants to be in the pocket himself and come forward so Whittaker should be able to shine.

Cannonier has a path to a win here. I don't think he gets it done but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

I like Whitaker here but he can’t throw those reaching haymakers he threw against till

I like Whitaker here but he can’t throw those reaching haymakers he threw against till
Why? Cannonier is pretty hittable. Unless he goes apeshit at the start like in the reyes fight hes pretty low output and a standard heavy hitter. Dude has some long arms for MW though.

Exactly that's what made it all the more stupid a claim. Going to be a banger. Winner of this scrap gets the winner of Costa/Adesanya early in the new year.
Yeah i think people are overrating cannonier a bit here. He has that big power obviously but outside of that i think rob is better in every area that isn't strenght. He just needs to be great at reacting and getting out.

Why? Cannonier is pretty hittable. Unless he goes apeshit at the start like in the reyes fight hes pretty low output and a standard heavy hitter. Dude has some long arms for MW though.
Because he has serious power. Get caught coming in with your chin coming first is a ko waiting to happen

Yeah i think people are overrating cannonier a bit here. He has that big power obviously but outside of that i think rob is better in every area that isn't strenght. He just needs to be great at reacting and getting out.
Tend to agree with that analysis, now if Costa can beat Adesanya I'd like Whittaker's chances against both him and Cannonier. Still think he'd be a live dog against Adesanya but would need to go in with a heavier grappling focused game plan than the first time where he seemed content for it to be a striking battle.

I don't care who fights vs Cannonier, I'll always root for his opponent. Since that day he got triggered by a friend of his daughter, a little kid, when she said that Anderson Silva was better than him. Strong shame by others, I never forget that poor kid's face omg.

From that moment on, I root for him being KTFO every single fight, this cringe mfucker.

WAR WHITTAKER!! STIFF THIS NOBODY.

UFC 254 might shape to be an insane card
Khabib vs Justin
Whitaker vs Canonier
Volkov vs Harris
Makhachev vs TBD

UFC 254 might shape to be an insane card
Khabib vs Justin
Whitaker vs Canonier
Volkov vs Harris
Makhachev vs TBD
I mean the first 2 are absolute fire but the latter 2, kinda okay, nothing crazy to get excited about mate. Would make it insane if they add a second title fight to the card so Whittaker Cannonier isn't even the co-main.

Very good! we are getting some serious match ups lately.

Before Till fight i'd have gone with Jared.. Hard not to vouch for Robert, could be a war.. I hope so.

Back