Media Reinier De Ridder: "I Can Beat Adesanya & Pereira in the Same Night"

Sherdog does not reflect the MMA community.
It is it's own echo chamber.

I did a quick google.

https://blackbeltmag.com/one-champion-viewer-stats

Per the report, Asia’s largest sports media property sits second in the world for total video views, behind only the National Basketball Association (NBA), and it far outpaces any other sports property in terms of growth over the past year.

ONE amassed nearly 14 billion total video views across the social media platforms, compared to the UFC, which rounded out the top five with just over 6.6 billion.

Both martial arts organizations saw continued growth in terms of followers in 2021. ONE saw a 24% growth, with the UFC growing by 19%.

Nielsen also posted the global cumulative reach for sports properties.

“Whilst social media followers and video views continue to grow, the strength of TV as a primary source of content consumption still endures,” the report said.

ONE reached the top five in global cumulative TV reach with 406 million, while the UFC came in at number nine with 259 million.

“TV broadcast remains strong and continues to deliver high viewership, but growth is largely driven by digital and social video consumption. It is paramount for sports organizations to develop a dynamic video strategy, thereby increasing the reach of their property,” the report’s summary stated.

Yeah according to Chatri's bullshit ratings ONE is bigger than the premier league.

I'm not going to argue if the numbers/projections/estimates are being manipulated or not but the first words in the article are

"The Nielsen Company recently released a report"

A report paid for by who?

If they're really more popular than the premier league then the fighters should ask for millions a fight.

He’s just trying to get some attention his way by calling out actually known fighters, because he isnt...LoL

The Dutch Knight is a good fighter, that being said he’s been beating bums over in One and is sitting around #20 LHW worldwide rankings, maybe he should focus on getting a cross promotional match against some Bellator LHW’s so he can actually have an elite win...

just saying
{<hhh]

Sherdog does not reflect the MMA community.
It is it's own echo chamber.

I did a quick google.

https://blackbeltmag.com/one-champion-viewer-stats

Per the report, Asia’s largest sports media property sits second in the world for total video views, behind only the National Basketball Association (NBA), and it far outpaces any other sports property in terms of growth over the past year.

ONE amassed nearly 14 billion total video views across the social media platforms, compared to the UFC, which rounded out the top five with just over 6.6 billion.

Both martial arts organizations saw continued growth in terms of followers in 2021. ONE saw a 24% growth, with the UFC growing by 19%.

Nielsen also posted the global cumulative reach for sports properties.

“Whilst social media followers and video views continue to grow, the strength of TV as a primary source of content consumption still endures,” the report said.

ONE reached the top five in global cumulative TV reach with 406 million, while the UFC came in at number nine with 259 million.

“TV broadcast remains strong and continues to deliver high viewership, but growth is largely driven by digital and social video consumption. It is paramount for sports organizations to develop a dynamic video strategy, thereby increasing the reach of their property,” the report’s summary stated.

That is really interesting. Just goes to show how population and geography can upend western assumptions.

... you don't know what the Nielson company does, do you? This is like wondering who pays for the weather reports because you don't trust them.

There's some fuckery going on somewhere.

If not then Chatri needs to start paying these dudes a lot more.

If it's as popular as the premier league my rough maths works out that each fighter in ONE should be paid about $11 million per fight. <mma4>

A report paid for by who?

"A global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, Nielsen shapes the future of media with accurate measurement of what people listen to and watch."

If they're really more popular than the premier league

I don't believe anybody came to that conclusion.

The article was boasting ONE FC's social media engagement.
Which I think makes sense, a fight highlight is more shareable and casual friendly than any football highlight.

That doesn't mean more profits or popularity.

"A global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, Nielsen shapes the future of media with accurate measurement of what people listen to and watch."

I don't believe anybody came to that conclusion.

The article was boasting ONE FC's social media engagement.
Which I think makes sense, a fight highlight is more shareable and casual friendly than any football highlight.

That doesn't mean more profits or popularity.

I think the reality is they have a lot of twitter bots and inflated views. You get videos of theirs with a million views and about 8 comments.

Whenever someone talking about beat 2 in 1 night you know he's a fucking clown. He could maybe beat both although he's never faced an elite kickboxer who's trained mma, I don't think he could beat Izzy at all what does he do better than any other wrestler he's stopped? BUT if he did it's a grueling grinding fight he's not fighting anyone anytime soon after.
Pereira he's got a good chance of beating but again he probably doesn't win without taking some hard shots.

Whenever someone talking about beat 2 in 1 night you know he's a fucking clown. He could maybe beat both although he's never faced an elite kickboxer who's trained mma, I don't think he could beat Izzy at all what does he do better than any other wrestler he's stopped? BUT if he did it's a grueling grinding fight he's not fighting anyone anytime soon after.
Pereira he's got a good chance of beating but again he probably doesn't win without taking some hard shots.

Tbf his top game is outstanding if he can get it there. I think what he might find an issue at the very top level is that he's not very athletic and relies on body lock takedowns and he might find it difficult to get inside on powerful or quick guys to grab hold of them.

He has a good test coming up against a bigger and more powerful guy in Malykhin though.

I think the reality is they have a lot of twitter bots and inflated views. You get videos of theirs with a million views and about 8 comments.

Maybe.
I'm not familiar with this side of the biz. I can't say anything confidently.

But I will say, 100% of my engagement with ONE FC comes through youtube.

Maybe.
I'm not familiar with this side of the biz. I can't say anything confidently.

But I will say, 100% of my engagement with ONE FC comes through youtube.

I enjoy ONE, I just think Chatri is a habitual liar, but so is Dana so maybe it's a pre-requisite for this type of work.

Who the fuck is De Riddler?

Riddler.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back