Media Reinier De Ridder: "I Can Beat Adesanya & Pereira in the Same Night"

Rodtang, who is arguably one of their biggest stars, is just now making 100K per bout after making 75K before. And ONE released that as something amazing

Ok good for him. I am curios how low the salary is in One in general. Is it 2000$?

Ok good for him. I am curios how low the salary is in One in general. Is it 2000$?
2000$ USD is probably god sent for all the South East Asian fighters they have considering 300 monthly USD is the average monthly salary there

Hope you brought your wrestling shoes RDR.

Chances are most people don’t know who he even is

Uhh excuse you ONE Championship is the most watched sporting organisation in the world. Bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, & FIFA all combined!

I think the reality is they have a lot of twitter bots and inflated views. You get videos of theirs with a million views and about 8 comments.
This is actually a good point. Their view to comment ratio is very off sometimes.

Now this could simply be that they filter out negative comments but it’s worth thinking about.

Then again the major organisations have just as many bots. Go on the UFC’s followers page and see how many are bots of hot girls offering you exclusive onlyfans deals.

Also I don’t think ONE’s PPV’s are reflecting their social media viewership, especially given that they only started the PPV model recently.

I think most of their viewership comes from people watching their highlights on YouTube especially YouTube Shorts(you know the videos with lots of clickbait thumbnails and emoji’s), Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. Rather than actually buying their events or watching on Amazon Prime.

2000$ USD is probably god sent for all the South East Asian fighters they have considering 300 monthly USD is the average monthly salary there
According to a currency converter 2000$USD is roughly

71,700 Thai Baht,

113,500,00 Philippine Pesos,

31,316,700 Indonesian Rupiah(that can’t be right right?)

9,766,720,00 Cambodian Peso,

34,252,100,00 Laotian Kip,

4,158,456,00 Myanmar Kyat

8,973,00 Malaysian Ringgit.

2,751,01 Singapore Dollars.

So apart from the Singapore and Malaysian fighters it seems to be a lot of money for most of them.

How much ppv can they bring in for the company? 0 i guess, are people ready to pay 29,99$ for watching them fighting like UFC? I guess not.

This is actually a good point. Their view to comment ratio is very off sometimes.

Now this could simply be that they filter out negative comments but it’s worth thinking about.

Then again the major organisations have just as many bots. Go on the UFC’s followers page and see how many are bots of hot girls offering you exclusive onlyfans deals.

Also I don’t think ONE’s PPV’s are reflecting their social media viewership, especially given that they only started the PPV model recently.

I think most of their viewership comes from people watching their highlights on YouTube especially YouTube Shorts(you know the videos with lots of clickbait thumbnails and emoji’s), Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. Rather than actually buying their events or watching on Amazon Prime.
I posted before that a lot of their youtube views have view to comment ratios that are very off and suggest view botting.

Like look at this Angela Lee bout uploaded a month ago. 2.3 million views and only 450 comments....

I posted before that a lot of their youtube views have view to comment ratios that are very off and suggest view botting.

Like look at this Angela Lee bout uploaded a month ago. 2.3 million views and only 450 comments....

Yeah, I don’t doubt they have a large viewership on socials. Apparently counties like The Philippines is the most active country on social media so it wouldn’t surprise me they get a lot.

But at the same time it’s just a bit suspicious imo. Of course there always the fact that there are many people who watch vids but don’t comment.

I actually think ONE is doing a very good job being active on social media with highlights, interviews, promos, and stuff.

I think the UFC’s, Bellator’s, and PFL’s social media teams could take some notes from what ONE does.

There is no "massive Asian audience". ONE just loses hundreds of millions per year

Well pride had a massive asian audience. I have to admit I haven't checked the numbers, but just compare to potential american viewers using the amount of people, they have a vast market to tap into. Who is funding them if they're losing hundreds of millions? Have a source?

Well pride had a massive asian audience. I have to admit I haven't checked the numbers, but just compare to potential american viewers using the amount of people, they have a vast market to tap into. Who is funding them if they're losing hundreds of millions? Have a source?
Chatri seems to be friends and connections to get hundreds of millions in funding from different venture companies. The idea is that eventually they will be able to monetize the Asian market I assume and enter the American one, but most of Asia is highly unprofitable since they make so little

Chatri seems to be friends and connections to get hundreds of millions in funding from different venture companies. The idea is that eventually they will be able to monetize the Asian market I assume and enter the American one, but most of Asia is highly unprofitable since they make so little

Just seems odd they can't make money. They aren't paying out that much are they? They can sell cheap streaming to a huge number and be profitable, I would think. Even Bellator is profitable and they pay fairly well considering they're not ufc.

Just seems odd they can't make money. They aren't paying out that much are they? They can sell cheap streaming to a huge number and be profitable, I would think. Even Bellator is profitable and they pay fairly well considering they're not ufc.

There are a lot of expenses to running these showing. ONE is a very well produced show, they run a lot of them, they also traditionally ran them in different countries with different tariffs and currency rates.

Philippines and Thailand are some of the countries where they ran the most shows and the purchasing power of those countries are not high, especially the former. They have to get CRAZY numbers of attendance to make it really worth their wild - now granted, those countries have high populations so it is plausible, but a long task.

Bellator is talked like this long mountain of profitable stability, but most years they have lost money, as most entertainment based ventures do. Bellator does not run shows as frequently, and can go on hiatus for what seems like forever. Even though they are niche they're based in USA where they do not need THAT many people to pay for their product to make a buck. When they're not in the US they're in Western Europe and they sell pretty well there, at least gate wise.

Bellator is also part of a media giant - so finding networking is not as big of a problem. ONE needs to find a stable platform for them to show their shows, and because they spreading to so many countries at once their television/streaming deals are not going to be the same everywhere.

One is doing good lately building an USA audience. Not sure how regular their audience is but people are getting to know their name. One is a bit of a hard name to remember you can count on it.

There are a lot of expenses to running these showing. ONE is a very well produced show, they run a lot of them, they also traditionally ran them in different countries with different tariffs and currency rates.

Philippines and Thailand are some of the countries where they ran the most shows and the purchasing power of those countries are not high, especially the former. They have to get CRAZY numbers of attendance to make it really worth their wild - now granted, those countries have high populations so it is plausible, but a long task.

Bellator is talked like this long mountain of profitable stability, but most years they have lost money, as most entertainment based ventures do. Bellator does not run shows as frequently, and can go on hiatus for what seems like forever. Even though they are niche they're based in USA where they do not need THAT many people to pay for their product to make a buck. When they're not in the US they're in Western Europe and they sell pretty well there, at least gate wise.

Bellator is also part of a media giant - so finding networking is not as big of a problem. ONE needs to find a stable platform for them to show their shows, and because they spreading to so many countries at once their television/streaming deals are not going to be the same everywhere.

Yeah, they're basically going for speculate to accumulate. It hasn't really worked out yet, but as long as investors are prepared to throw money at it I'm not really bothered.

Back