Media Reinier De Ridder: "I Can Beat Adesanya & Pereira in the Same Night"

According to Tapology he's fighting Malykhin at HW (265) on December 2

Sherdog says "225 catchweight" but that would be LHW anyway for One.

Does make a lot more sense that it would be at 225, which is One's equivalent of 205
Yeah Tapology doesn’t recognize ONE’s LHW-division as an actual LHW-division because it’s 205 lbs+ (225 lbs as you mentioned).
That’s why they say it’s a HW bout.

Yeah Tapology doesn’t recognize ONE’s LHW-division as an actual LHW-division because it’s 205 lbs+ (225 lbs as you mentioned).
That’s why they say it’s a HW bout.

Hm...it should still be recognized as LHW, otherwise you could do that with all of ONE's divisions. Because of their weight cutting rules pretty much all their divisions official weights are like one weight class higher than it should be.

Doesn't tapology have guys like Christian Lee as a LW (when he won the 170 title?) etc?

Chatri must be able to sell ice cubes to Eskimos because I really can't fathom the numbers being strong enough to impress people savvy enough to acquire sufficient capital to be investors.

Case in point, this is the biggest MMA forum on the internet and no one knows who this OneFC double champ is.

I have watched OneFC events, and enjoy their show, and I didn't recognize the guys name.

The organisation is corrupt. Some champions back in 2015 barely made 10k

Some foreigners who have fought for the belt 2012-2016 made like 4000$+4000$.

I am pretty sure this champion barely makes 100k$, 75k$ if he is Lucky

Why can not Chatri show us real salaries to us instead of hiding it?

I hate one because they prefer to not telling the truth.

Sherdog does not reflect the MMA community.
It is it's own echo chamber.

I did a quick google.

https://blackbeltmag.com/one-champion-viewer-stats

Per the report, Asia’s largest sports media property sits second in the world for total video views, behind only the National Basketball Association (NBA), and it far outpaces any other sports property in terms of growth over the past year.

ONE amassed nearly 14 billion total video views across the social media platforms, compared to the UFC, which rounded out the top five with just over 6.6 billion.

Both martial arts organizations saw continued growth in terms of followers in 2021. ONE saw a 24% growth, with the UFC growing by 19%.

Nielsen also posted the global cumulative reach for sports properties.

“Whilst social media followers and video views continue to grow, the strength of TV as a primary source of content consumption still endures,” the report said.

ONE reached the top five in global cumulative TV reach with 406 million, while the UFC came in at number nine with 259 million.

“TV broadcast remains strong and continues to deliver high viewership, but growth is largely driven by digital and social video consumption. It is paramount for sports organizations to develop a dynamic video strategy, thereby increasing the reach of their property,” the report’s summary stated.

How many of these millions can afford a ppv in Asia compare to U.S

NHL has barely 100m hockey fans ,but their fans can afford to pay 30$/monthly for watching.

Come back to us when the majority of asians can afford 20$/.monthly for watching one Championship monthly.

Last time i remember that Philippines salaries are like 200-300$. Good luck to convince Americans and the west to spend 200-300$ for watching ufc every month.

Ask CBS and NBC if they want to air those fights given the Dutch is victorious.

25 motionless minutes x 2 = no thank you

Sherdog does not reflect the MMA community.
It is it's own echo chamber.

I did a quick google.

https://blackbeltmag.com/one-champion-viewer-stats

Per the report, Asia’s largest sports media property sits second in the world for total video views, behind only the National Basketball Association (NBA), and it far outpaces any other sports property in terms of growth over the past year.

ONE amassed nearly 14 billion total video views across the social media platforms, compared to the UFC, which rounded out the top five with just over 6.6 billion.

Both martial arts organizations saw continued growth in terms of followers in 2021. ONE saw a 24% growth, with the UFC growing by 19%.

Nielsen also posted the global cumulative reach for sports properties.

“Whilst social media followers and video views continue to grow, the strength of TV as a primary source of content consumption still endures,” the report said.

ONE reached the top five in global cumulative TV reach with 406 million, while the UFC came in at number nine with 259 million.

“TV broadcast remains strong and continues to deliver high viewership, but growth is largely driven by digital and social video consumption. It is paramount for sports organizations to develop a dynamic video strategy, thereby increasing the reach of their property,” the report’s summary stated.
Lol those Nielsen reports are paid fluff pieces. PFL also got some done and no surprise since the former PR guy for ONE now works at PFL

I'll just leave this here

FiLQTF4WYAM0TLI

Massive asian audience. The shows are actually pretty cool in how they show a lot of types of fighting.
There is no "massive Asian audience". ONE just loses hundreds of millions per year

The organisation is corrupt. Some champions back in 2015 barely made 10k

Some foreigners who have fought for the belt 2012-2016 made like 4000$+4000$.

I am pretty sure this champion barely makes 100k$, 75k$ if he is Lucky

Why can not Chatri show us real salaries to us instead of hiding it?

I hate one because they prefer to not telling the truth.
Rodtang, who is arguably one of their biggest stars, is just now making 100K per bout after making 75K before. And ONE released that as something amazing

Rodtang, who is arguably one of their biggest stars, is just now making 100K per bout after making 75K before. And ONE released that as something amazing

Context...?

4 million baht for Muay Thai is a top tier purse. Who else is making more than him?

Context...?

4 million baht for Muay Thai is a top tier purse. Who else is making more than him?
I mean sure, but you are competing with small regional Thai promotions.

ONE is supposed to be this international giant who has more people watching then NHL, NFL, even Champions League and they are paying him 110K?

Haven't read the thread but the guy needs to focus on what's in front of him. A natural (albeit small) heavyweight with grappling background and good hands. I'm not convinced he's getting past Malykhin.

Haven't read the thread but the guy needs to focus on what's in front of him. A natural (albeit small) heavyweight with grappling background and good hands. I'm not convinced he's getting past Malykhin.
Me either. If he does get Malykin down, then I think he is legit, but Reiner struggled when he wasn't able to get Leandro Ataides down

Last edited:

Tbf just because he's talking shit doesn't mean he's not taking his training seriously.

i honestly don't watch one and never heard of this guy, i looked up and he's ONE MW champion
which reminds me of askren, undefeated WW champion, shit talked his way to ufc, and got finished in fastest ko of ufc history
<JonesLaugh>

Got there years later than hoped and still stopped a former champion but yea the KO was emphatic and embarrassing.

i honestly don't watch one and never heard of this guy, i looked up and he's ONE MW champion
which reminds me of askren, undefeated WW champion, shit talked his way to ufc, and got finished in fastest ko of ufc history
<JonesLaugh>
Askren was retired for years before he joined the UFC and needed a hip surgery and he was passed his prime before he ever fought in One FC. It's not really similar at all. Riddler is the champ at MW and LHW and is about to fight the interim HW champ at LHW.

Last edited:
Back