Reasons Izzy Is Losing

Hog-train

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
1. No UFC fighter in history have regained their championship belt back TWICE.

2. After Dricus had his nose surgery, he proved he has cardio now. He went a hard 5 rounds with Strickland who is the king of cardio. So we know Dricus can go the full 5 moving forward.

3. Dricus can implement Strickland's constant moving forward strategy WITH takedowns.

4. As he's gotten older, Israel has been taking more and more damage. He's absorbing a lot more damage than when he was younger. 58 significant strikes from Vettori. 59 from Whitaker. 90 from Cannonier. Alex Pereira landed 91.
Conclusion: Adesanya is slipping.

5. Dricus has been targeting and training for Izzy for years and Izzy hasn't fought in a year. His timing will be off.

6. Izzy seemed mentally unstable with his recent press conference and just being overly emotional as a whole.

I do think in his prime, Izzy beats DDP handily. DDP is still sloppy and sticks his chin up.

Last edited:
Your final sentence is why this could go the other way.

Izzy is very good at counterstiking and has the reach on Dricus.

If Dricus gets too sloppy he may get countered when over extending and leaving his chin up.

After that performance against a jabbing robot, I have zero faith in Izzy anymore. I'm not picking this fight whatsoever.

Dricus looks sloppy as fuck but never pays for it lol. Seems to work for him. His overextending punches allow him to hit opponents where they'd normally be safe and idk if Izzy will be able to handle it.

He actually does pay for it. Got tagged a bunch by Brunson, Tavares, Till, Whitaker and Strickland. It's just that he's strong and has a chin with cardio so he bullrushes through it.

But that style definitely doesn't have longevity.

I think this is probably Izzy's last time winning the title and staying on top. I predict he'll beat DDP

Some valid points OP, though DDP's recklessness during exchanges may well get him Jiri'd.
But maybe he has a fresh enough chin to get away with it for the time being <HisEye>

Dricus has truly horrendous technique in some areas of his game, almost garbage level at times. But he gets away with it for now with his toughness, youth and will-power. Still it is so unbelievably bad especially his blitz, Adesanya could still snipe him at any point he tries that.

Once his age starts kicking in I think he will have a very rough downfall unless he becomes a full-on grappler which is usually not how fighters age since grappling is rougher on the body.

Dricus has truly horrendous technique in some areas of his game, almost garbage level at times. But he gets away with it for now with his toughness, youth and will-power. Still it is so unbelievably bad especially his blitz, Adesanya could still snipe him at any point he tries that.

Once his age starts kicking in I think he will have a very rough downfall unless he becomes a full-on grappler which is usually not how fighters age since grappling is rougher on the body.
Yeh bro but what happens when 200+lb of fresh muscle gets their hands on you. It's effective for now.

This fight is compelling due to the narrative.

Back