R.I.P. CM Punk's MMA career

CM is certainly one of the MMA gif goats!

Thats what I dont get. This jabroni cheeseburger flabby ass penguin is so unfit. I know guys who work 40 plus hour weeks and still manage to look athletic as fuck.

His fake poser ass tattoos are all show. a pure marketing ploy for the mindless fan. I dont get how someone in his field doesn't work out. Its pathetic really

He was actually a lot more muscular when he was in WWE. I’m guessing he was juicing and/or he couldn’t maintain that mass while doing any serious MMA training. I remember seeing him with his shirt off and wondering what the hell happened to him.

Training with Duke for as long as he had you'd figure CM would have been able to pull something off in a fight at least?

Yeah well he goes home to this :

images

So he already wins life.

There’s a whole lot more to winning at life than that bud. Unless you’re the type of guy that puts pussy on a pedestal.

I believe any girl would have better punching technique that CM Punk in way less training time.

I dont watch wrestling so this guy is an enigma to me. I seriously don't get why hes so popular
I mean back in the day he was great at talking shit on the mic. Like Chael/Conor level shit talking, none of which he demonstrated during his UFC appearances, but he was charismatic as hell and drew a shit ton of heat.

He was never a great in-ring performer and always looked awkward as hell from an athletic standpoint, and I don't think he had any type of actual collegiate or even high school wrestling background like a Brock or Jake Hager, so.... yeah no idea why he thought MMA was a good career path.

I think Punk is excellent in the Pro-Wrestling world, but I always thought his move to MMA was a terrible idea. The man was in his late 30's when he started, has no competitive martial arts or fight experience, and lots of miles on the body. So the idea that he could gain enough skill to make a dent in even top 50 competition is a joke. Whether he won or lost it was not going to be good. If he loses then we wasted our time and he gets an embarrassing ass whupping. If he wins then MMA looks bad because any bum off the street can do well.

I dont watch wrestling so this guy is an enigma to me. I seriously don't get why hes so popular

Great pro-wrestler and good promo guy. Dana thought he had a brock lesnar 2.0 but he should have seen Punk's athletic background before; dude went to pro wrestling after high school.

Wrestling is a lot like MMA in that guys can talk their way to fame. Except, the outcomes are predetermined so unathletic guys like Punk can win fights. The majority of WWE fans are nerds and so is Punk, so they identify with him.

He is really not that popular outside of the WWE. I don't even know why he was popular in the WWE tbh his body compared to 99% of the roster is pretty fkin ugly, maybe he is talented at fake fighting? But then again he would need at leqst good cardio and his cardio waw shit from what we saw.

Please shut your mouth. CM Punk was putting on 5 star matches with guys like Samoa Joe long before he joined the WWE which secured his popularity with hardcore pro wrestling fans. You may not like him, but he's a very solid wrestler, has strong in-ring psychology, and is very good on the mic. In the pro wrestling business that's the trifecta.

You clearly have no respect for the artform so please refrain from pretending you know anything about it.

Incels detected.

Don’t put me in that group, I didn’t say anything like that lol.

It’s cool, go ahead and keep thinking pussy makes you a “winner at life”; which I still can’t believe you said about CM Punk lol. You don’t get props for doing what a normal man is supposed to be doing.

Keep being impressed with CM Punk if you want, but all you’re doing is selling yourself short. It’s pathetic. You’re better than that. Don’t be a simp.

Wait till he kicks the shit out of Cain and Brock, all of you newbz will be eating crow. In a real rasslin ring Punk gets the job done against those jabronis.

So, if I'm not mistaken, he's hired by Fox but not by WWE. Sort of like the equivalent of Chael working UFC events but not being employed by the UFC. I only ask because I thought there was some significant bad blood on both sides after his departure- a lawsuit as well.

Not that it's unprecedented for Vince and co. to bury the hatchet with people they had a grudge against.

Punk belongs in a commentary analyst type role- whether it's wrestling or mma or what have you. I've been saying that for a long time. He's an entertaining speaker and he's got a good fanbase. I'm happy for the guy. MMA was clearly not his thing but, again, he gave it a shot and I see no reason why he should be derided for that. Good dude.

Whether he sucked or not is irrelevant. How many people can say that they fought in UFC and WWE? That is an accomplishment regardless of the outcome. Of course an average sherdogger would whoop his ass, but not many of us will ever get a chance to fight in the octagon under the UFC emblem.

CM Punk entertained me...

Back