R.I.P. CM Punk's MMA career

Enough with this respect and admiration because he was willing to fight bullshit. That would all make sense if he had taken a fight in some amateur circuit to see if he had what it takes.

This was an extremely well paid ego trip which he got to indulge in. He deserves no respect for taking advantage of his day job as circus performer to live out a dream most people have to bleed for years for. He humiliated himself in front of millions and will forever be the punchline to jokes among mma fans and that's exactly what he deserves.
I guess we all see this in different ways.

Enough with this respect and admiration because he was willing to fight bullshit. That would all make sense if he had taken a fight in some amateur circuit to see if he had what it takes.

This was an extremely well paid ego trip which he got to indulge in. He deserves no respect for taking advantage of his day job as circus performer to live out a dream most people have to bleed for years for. He humiliated himself in front of millions and will forever be the punchline to jokes among mma fans and that's exactly what he deserves.
I have the exact same opinion. 90%of normal people would be willing to do the same for such a payday.
This guy is a bit wierd, very unathletic despite all the training and his postfight speech (with Gall) was ridiculous - giving advice to a guy that just beat his ass.

You underestimate the potential levels of delusion possible. Brooks never did sports, never had to adjust his abilities on reality before and got fed a gigantic ego in fake wrestling. His post fight speech vs. Gall and behaviour afterwards really showed that. He coped not by adressing that he lost but by playing up annother character. The elderly experienced martial arts star.

As a martial artist who competes, his delusional mind always was his biggest weakness. Not his body or skill that would have evolved more with the right attitude. No one is that spastic / uncoordinated after years of training otherwise.

Hi lived and imo still lives in a complete bubble. And "backing out" was not an option because he got paid a LOT of money to enter the cage. So thats really not something were he gets respect.

if he was delusional i really dont think those delusions made it to the cage. he got humbled bad repeatedly leading up to the fight. there is no way he was that delusional. i think he was just fully committed to his decision.

I dont watch wrestling so this guy is an enigma to me. I seriously don't get why hes so popular
You don't get why he's so popular because you don't watch wrestling. Kinda answered your own question.

Doubt it, most of the hardcore mma fans are skinny dweebs or abnormally fat

I know people love to give sherdoggers crap but where did you get that impression? Ive been to five UFC events among others and most people did not look like what you describe above. It seems like mostly "jocks" people who train etc.

I am just curious where this stereotype comes from?

Holy shit. Did he really fight 15 minutes in his second fight without landing anything or even getting a good position once?
I might be wrong, but yeah.. he probably landed a blow or 2 against the cage but i don't care enough to rewatch that shit again

No. I don't see it quite that way. I see it more along the lines of a selfish entitled average but massively over paid athlete using a sport as a bucket list to keep him from his fast approaching midlife crisis.

His inclusion in the UFC is at the very bottom of the barrel for me.

Not stupid, Brave or anything else that speaks to his metal or drive. His name suited him.

He was a Punk

Punk? LOL. Jesus Christ, dude stepped up and fought in the cage against guys equipped to whip his ass. you probably back down over a parking spot. grow up lol

Trust me. Any notions of him thinking that he was going to take the MMA scene by storm, would've been eroded in sparring sessions. He knew he was going to get his ass kicked.

Then why would his team allow him to go out there and embarrass himself like that twice?

A lot of the people who step into the cage, feel like they have atleast a chance to win. But in CM Punk's case, he must've known that he was going to get his ass kicked. Yet he still did it. Twice.

You could consider that to be impressive on some level, though mostly just insanely stupid.
He got paid half a million for fighting no ones and still look horrible with years of training.

He is really good on the mic.

And he actually is good at fake fighting. Believe it or not, he has had several hour long matches. His cardio in MMA did suck though.
Al Pacino is 79 and can still act for hours nonstop.

9 pages on a guy who trained for a few years who couldn't do shit. Got paid alot of money for fame. I'd say he did good. Not a fan of the douche either

Some 125ers too, maybe?
Punk vs lower tier FLW, he probably has a realistic chance.
You clearly never trained if you think cm punk could beat a flyweight. Lol fucken dumb fatass

Punk? LOL. Jesus Christ, dude stepped up and fought in the cage against guys equipped to whip his ass. you probably back down over a parking spot. grow up lol

Easy to say, when you know the average Joe would never get the opportunity to step inside the cage.

You don’t know shit about what a regular guy would do. There’s over 7 billion people on the planet, dipshit. You think Punk is the only guy who would step into the cage against someone more seasoned and skilled then him for that kind of payday. You’re a mutha fuq’n puppet.

Too old and slow. Kurt would get smoked

When he wanted to to fight MMA he was a lot younger, but some neck injury he suffered made him medically not fit for MMA. Which to me tv wrestling would be far more dangerous for something like that then MMA.

Dude was pure fucking trash.
Awkward dad bod and just extremely uncoordinated. How did he have any appeal even in the WWE?

Died before landing a single punch in the octagon
tumblr_oc7o62kZjB1qhfh4lo1_540.gif

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

CM-Punk-sparring-1.gif

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

00c31228acf37e30b5dded2c769a1fbb.gif

3bb56ccaf76b7b7c71c2a0c5412c27ad.gif

UFC-23.gif

b554b85ebebdc32dd763d456242d8d7f.gif

6ad95bf07c04fa0e3e32f40b80a4c7c5.gif

4b19bcd4f99276024a851ef37a417595.gif

b830e33d4e6bef8a0c02f6c3fbdddfab.gif

Lol is that Big Roid in the first gif sparring with him ?

Back