R.I.P. CM Punk's MMA career

A lot of the people who step into the cage, feel like they have atleast a chance to win. But in CM Punk's case, he must've known that he was going to get his ass kicked. Yet he still did it. Twice.

You could consider that to be impressive on some level, though mostly just insanely stupid.

Gall must be relieved, dodged a dangerous rematch

Died before landing a single punch in the octagon
tumblr_oc7o62kZjB1qhfh4lo1_540.gif

tumblr_obo4f8iRfP1qd4esao2_r1_500.gif

CM-Punk-sparring-1.gif

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

00c31228acf37e30b5dded2c769a1fbb.gif

3bb56ccaf76b7b7c71c2a0c5412c27ad.gif

UFC-23.gif

b554b85ebebdc32dd763d456242d8d7f.gif

6ad95bf07c04fa0e3e32f40b80a4c7c5.gif

4b19bcd4f99276024a851ef37a417595.gif

b830e33d4e6bef8a0c02f6c3fbdddfab.gif

I dont watch wrestling so this guy is an enigma to me. I seriously don't get why hes so popular

Its a bit embarrassing to watch. I saw girl fights in HS with more athleticism and technique.

literally what a sherdogger would look like in there.

Former UFC WW contender CM Punk going back to the WWE? Who would've thought? But good for him I guess.

But in CM Punk's case, he must've known that he was going to get his ass kicked. Yet he still did it. Twice
Absolutely wrong. He thought the EXACT opposite. Right from the first announcement with Rogan.
Years of make believe and 'being the best in the world' had went to his head. He saw Brock had had success and even though he had no real background as a leap up like Brock had with college wrestling, he still thought he'd be able to come in and make an impact. No fucking way he thought he'd lose.

Prime WWE CM Punk had a level of drawing ability based on Lesnar or Conor. It's amazing he gave that up to do UFC for some time.

Good, he had no business in the UFC. He would've gotten his ass handed to him in amateur bouts, him in the top promotion in the world was a joke.

His floppy hair offends me

<DisgustingHHH>

Absolutely wrong. He thought the EXACT opposite. Right from the first announcement with Rogan.
Years of make believe and 'being the best in the world' had went to his head. He saw Brock had had success and even though he had no real background as a leap up like Brock had with college wrestling, he still thought he'd be able to come in and make an impact. No fucking way he thought he'd lose.

Trust me. Any notions of him thinking that he was going to take the MMA scene by storm, would've been eroded in sparring sessions. He knew he was going to get his ass kicked.

Trust me. Any notions of him thinking that he was going to take the MMA scene by storm, would've been eroded in sparring sessions. He knew he was going to get his ass kicked.
This. You can't fake sparring.

I hear you but I'm ashamed to say I've listened to hours of CM Punk on various podcasts and long interview forms. Superstar egos don't tend to think like we do. But who knows. You might be right. I think they probably went easy on him in sparring. I mean all the footage was a joke.

I dont watch wrestling so this guy is an enigma to me. I seriously don't get why hes so popular
He is really not that popular outside of the WWE. I don't even know why he was popular in the WWE tbh his body compared to 99% of the roster is pretty fkin ugly, maybe he is talented at fake fighting? But then again he would need at leqst good cardio and his cardio waw shit from what we saw.

This. You can't fake sparring.

That's probably why he had his "loser" speech ready for the post-fight interview.

I hear you but I'm ashamed to say I've listened to hours of CM Punk on various podcasts and long interview forms. Superstar egos don't tend to think like we do. But who knows. You might be right. I think they probably went easy on him in sparring. I mean all the footage was a joke.

On the other hand he has been faking confidence as a pro wrestling guy for years, so it wasn't hard for him to convince people that he was actually going to show up to win. That's what he has done for a living, making fake seem real. Exaggerating his abilities.

The truth is that CM Punk's fights in the UFC were more akin to Johnny Knoxville fighting Butterbean in Jackass, than any sort of legitimate competition. Fortunately for him, he didn't get hurt too bad.

I'd like to see him fight in the UFC again.

Would have watched him fight Sage Northcutt lol.

Absolutely no interest in watching him rassle though.

literally what a sherdogger would look like in there.
I know we like to shit on sherdoggers but I'll bet you many sherdogers would whoop CM Punk's ass

Back