Promotion for UFC 301 ???

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I just realized this PPV is tomorrow.

I have not seen one single promotional video for this card. Not ONE. No episodes of embedded in my YouTube Feed, no pre fight press conference, no countdown, no on sight press interviews, no "free fights"... and I follow tons of MMA related YT channels and watched a shit load of UFC 300 videos which you would assume would tell the algorithm that I am the target audience for UFC content.

Is this just me or is anyone else getting the feeling like the UFC is not even bothering to promote this card?

Are they doing more promotion in Brazil and just saying fuck it to the USA market? (which drives ppv sales, thus making that a shitty business move)

Is this card on at a weird time?
(Shouldn't be, Brazil usually lines up fine with US time zones)

Curious what people think on the matter?
Is it only me or are you guys also underwhelmed st the promo for this card.

I know they will never release the official PPV sales numbers, but I gotta guess this may not even break 100k with Erceg and Pantoja headlining and a fairly meh card supporting it. Will this be the modern era record breaker? Can't imagine tons of people shelling out $84.99 for this or whatever PPVs cost these days.

They are there, Embedded, Countdown, they even had the spanish version for Countdown, people just dont care that much, Dana himself didnt even went there looks like, at some face offs it was one of the Nog bros between Aldo and Martinez, card is alright, but it doesnt feels a big card, its not, its like a very decent Fight Night i guess, not PPV level.

Lol fuck this card, I'm robbing ESPN and Brazilian fans - Dana White

They are there, Embedded, Countdown, they even had the spanish version for Countdown, people just dont care that much, Dana himself didnt even went there looks like, at some face offs it was one of the Nog bros between Aldo and Martinez, card is alright, but it doesnt feels a big card, its not, its like a very decent Fight Night i guess, not PPV level.

I wonder if maybe they aren't getting enough views to trigger the algorithm to promoted then into people's feeds?

For other cards I never have to search for the pre fight video promo content. It always just appears in my feed and not only that but keeps popping up over and over even if I don't click the first time I see it.

This card. Nothing. Not one video has been in my scroll. And I have spent a decent amount of time on youtube this week as I had 20 hours of sitting in a chair for medical treatment.

They can’t hype this main event up enough. They rushed erceg (which feels so smart) to fight against a defending champ who sometimes looks unstoppable. The highlights and takeaways of this fight will overshadow the lackluster card itself because the rise of flyweight fights that are becoming so much more entertaining. Also the obvious, this ppv is succeeding one of the biggest ppvs ever.

I wonder if maybe they aren't getting enough views to trigger the algorithm to promoted then into people's feeds?

For other cards I never have to search for the pre fight video promo content. It always just appears in my feed and not only that but keeps popping up over and over even if I don't click the first time I see it.

This card. Nothing. Not one video has been in my scroll. And I have spent a decent amount of time on youtube this week as I had 20 hours of sitting in a chair for medical treatment.
Uncle Chael has a related video about it, there are too many headlines this week, Garcia testing positive, Canelo vs Oscar at the press conference, even Smith with his dumb takes, UFC 301 is not big enough to raise above all that.

Are they doing more promotion in Brazil and just saying fuck it to the USA market? (which drives ppv sales, thus making that a shitty business move)

Curious what people think on the matter?
Is it only me or are you guys also underwhelmed st the promo for this card.

I know they will never release the official PPV sales numbers, but I gotta guess this may not even break 100k with Erceg and Pantoja headlining and a fairly meh card supporting it. Will this be the modern era record breaker? Can't imagine tons of people shelling out $84.99 for this or whatever PPVs cost these days.

My understanding is that the UFC got a sweet deal with ESPN currently and they get paid a really good baseline regardless of how LOW the PPV numbers are. If they hit it out of the park, they get additional money, but even if they sell 90,000 or 200,000, they get paid the same.

I'm totally underwhelmed by the last Fight Night Nicolau vs. Perez, UFC 301 and the next 2 FNs. Doesn't surprise me though, because of how loaded the entire UFC 300 was. Not excited, but will watch all of them as I'm a hardcore fan. Um... not paying $85 or whatever craziness PPVs costs these days... Can't believe that business model is still working in 2024. I mean, so many great sports events are free, like the Super Bowl, NBA playoffs, Wimbledon. Or, if not free, a reasonable monthly fee around like $30. $85 for 3 hours? Really can't believe people still buy that. We gotta think it will be less and less as time goes on?

It’s a bad card but I’d imagine most Brazilians are pretty excited for it.

From a business perspective seems like a good way to get over the issue of stacking 300 is just giving a Brazil a good card and who cares about the ppv since espn covers it anyway

What can you do with a Pantoja/Erceg ppv? These two couldn’t sell water in the desert.

thank god for Aldo returning, be even worse than it is

Have you seen that picture of Pantoja and Erceg posing, with Erceg in a polo shirt looking like a boy going to church on a Sunday morning? I’m guessing polite manlets do not move the social media needle much.

UFC have done nothing to hype it up or promote it, they don't even care. But they still have the audacity to ask for 80 large ones for it.

Back