Pre-fight Discussion UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2 Sat. Sept. 16 @ 7 PM ET ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly I could care less about this card, even if a belt is on the line.
However, that JDM/Holland fight has me very interested and I’ll probably catch the last two fights at the very least.

Great card this weekend. I’m way more excited about this card than 293. But Strickland winning made that card awesome as fuck. I’ll never forget certain fights. I know where I was and if I was alone, or not..etc, etc..

I’m sure you people have yours, too.

Bisping vs GSP. GSP vs Penn ll. Weili vs Joanna l, and ll. Werdum vs Stipe. Jan vs Izzy. Khabib vs Conor. Poirier vs Conor ll, and lll.

Fights like those, and many more.. Izzy vs Strickland joins those fights in a place of prominence within my memory warehouse.

ME..The big rematch. I’m sick of these already. There’s barely any movement in certain divisions because of this instant rematch nonsense. Or fighters trying to get 2 belts.

I scored Shevchenko/Taila 48-47 Taila. Oh and Shevchenko was the female fighter of the year that year. For the World MMA Awards or, some shit. She had ONE win by SD in 2022. How the hell was she female fighter of the year?

It’s ludicrous, imo. Any girl who had more than one win in 2022 was more deserving than her. Just sayin.

Anyway..

I’m wondering if Shevchenko’s arrogance will be her downfall? She pretty much said Alexa got lucky. Really disrespectful considering there was all kinds of video showing Alexa drilling that backtake move. That is the complete opposite of getting lucky. It was something in her tool kit, and was awesome to see.

I had Shevchenko by decision. If Alexa did not get the sub after the back take. The score would probably have been tied after round 4. All or Nothing going into round 5. But, Shevchenko believes she dominated the fight. And of course it was Herzog’s fault she lost, as well.

Get a grip, lady. She’s got excuses for all 3 of her UFC losses. That fight was closer than she thinks. And could be her undoing on Saturday. How serious has this camp been for her, I wonder. If she’s overlooking Alexa again. She will lose.. Again.

I’m curious to see any changes each fighter, and their camp may have made going into the rematch. Shevchenko’s ego is huge. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t change anything.. Except she probably won’t be throwing that ridiculous spinning back kick in this fight.

This is a coin toss for me. Hardest fight on the card to pick. I’m leaning Alexa by decision. But no result here would surprise me. Tko, sub, decision.. Take your pick of the three by either fighter. But, I don’t think there will be a finish this time, though. I think Shevchenko may be a little more cautious. And probably will try to take Alexa down, and lay and pray.

I’m 100% cheering for Alexa. She’s exponentially easier to like than Shevchenko, for me.

Co-Main..

I think JDM wins that one. But Holland can certainly win as well. My pick is probably JDM by decision. But this one is..

tight.gif

Curious to see how Raul bounces back after his first pro loss. I hope he was humbled by that last fight. Him talking about winning three belts was a little off putting to me. I’m going to pick Raul by sub.

Mexican born Loopy emigrated to Canada when she was 13. She has dual citizenship, I believe. Half Canadian is better than not Canadian at all. I’ve definitely grown to like her more and more. I like pretty much everything about her. Loopy by decision.

Another Canadian girl, Jasmine is on the card too. She impressed me with that win over Maverick at 289 in Vancouver. This could be close. But I’m definitely picking Jasmine by decision.

Canadian girls kick ass!

Canadian Kyle Nelson is on the card as well. But I don’t think he will win. Probably loses by tko. I hope I’m wrong.

All of those fights have my attention. Looking forward to it.

Nothing official about my picks until I do my Tap on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the thread, @PurpleStorm

Thx for the fight breakdowns.

That cat is playing a left pawed guitar right pawed. It's doing a reverse Hendrix.
:D They are very intelligent and can do things we can't. Good spot, you are right.. its a well known fact that cats can throw a left paw punch with their right paw, weird stuff like that haha :D

So we have like 2 good fights on the card (Kopy vs Fremd, Holland vs Jack ) and some Cortez booty and a hematch
At least it ain’t PPV

For anyone interested in the meaning of Mexican Independence Day. From Wikipedia:

The Santa María–Calatrava Treaty (historically known as the definitive treaty of peace and friendship between Mexico and Spain) was a treaty between Mexico and Spain recognizing the independence of Mexico on December 28, 1836. It ended the tensions between both nations that emerged from the Mexican War of Independence which began in 1810.

From 1521, Spain had conquered the territory known today as Mexico and subjugated the indigenous civilizations living there, founding a colony which would be elevated to the category of viceroyalty of in 1535 called New Spain. Spain ruled over Mexico for three centuries.

On September 16, 1810 the Mexican War of Independence began with the so-called Cry of Delores. The war ended in 1821, with the signing of the Treaty of Cordoba and the Declaration of Independence of the Mexican Empire that year.

Back