Powerball Winners Call It A Curse

If I won the lottery id just do nothing, just sit around and do nothing. thats all.

I would go to Jamaica and practice my religion freely or else go to Amsterdam to eat space cake and freely partake of herbal supplements. In other words I would simply disappear and not be annoyed by the vultures.

With 400 million you buy some of Jamiaca. You'd be worth 3% of their GDP.

2 chicks at the same time

two-chicks-discussing-the-weather.jpg

doesnt look like much fun tbh

Seems like he can't get enough of his new found attention.

lol they do powerball/lottery drawings every week of every year meaning there's dozens of multi-million$$$ winners every year. So for every one of the fuckups who make the news for somehow managing to shit the bed with their fortune, there's gotta be hundreds of winners who you never hear about living happily ever after.

I'd let my brother go collect it(he always talks about this when the powerball is high). I'd give my parents/my brother/my sister half of it and then I'd bounce to Thailand and open a small business and live like a king for the rest of my days, unless I'd die of some sexually transmitted disease(I'd probably die of a sexually transmitted disease).

id love to have those powerball problems

Fools and their money are soon parted.

I'd put every cent into the bank that could give me the biggest interest rate, and life luxuriously off of that for the rest of my life, doing what I want to do.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

I'd put every cent into the bank that could give me the biggest interest rate, and life luxuriously off of that for the rest of my life, doing what I want to do.

So you wouldn't give family members a chunk?

So you wouldn't give family members a chunk?

Depends if I won a few million or 30+ million. If the former, I'd buy them epic christmas presents every year, like huge vacations for all of us to go on that last a week or two at a time. If the latter, I'd buy them businesses where they can make their own money, rather than just accept a handout that they'll blow and then ask for more.

But I don't play the lottery, so its all a mute point.

lol they do powerball/lottery drawings every week of every year meaning there's dozens of multi-million$$$ winners every year. So for every one of the fuckups who make the news for somehow managing to shit the bed with their fortune, there's gotta be hundreds of winners who you never hear about living happily ever after.

Depends how many people on average share a jackpot. If a large enough number share it that you're only getting <5 mil, for example, after taxes, it should be pretty easy to avoid fucking up your life since that's not enough really to allow you to quit your job and act hood rich (unless you're old as hell).

Once you're talking 100+ mil, most of these people just go full retard. That amount of money is just inconceivable to your average lottery player. They get taken advantage of by charlatans.

It's better off that someone win 10 mil or less, since it's enough that you don't have to fear being unprepared for retirement, but not enough to allow you to act like a playboy asshole (unless you're a complete idiot, which is entirely possible since you're probably wasting your money playing the lottery constantly).

Who cares if your name is published,

Move into a rich area

Problem solved

A former coworker of mine has a sister-in-law, let's call her "Alice".

Alice used to own a catering truck with her longtime best friend "Betty." Every week they would buy lottery tickets together. Then one day Betty won the lottery. I think it was about 3 million tax free. She claimed that her husband bought the winning ticket and it wasn't part of their weekly tickets. Alice believed her friend, and the lottery corporation had her sign a legal document stating that she wouldn't sue for part of the money.

Later on Alice found out that Betty, after she won had initially told a reporter that the ticket was, in fact, part of her pool with Alice. So Betty made up the story about her husband buying the ticket and was ripping off her best friend of 1.5 million dollars.

Obviously they were no longer friends, but as fate would have it they ended up on the same cruise several months later. Awkward!!!!! One night they are all drunk and Betty admits to Alice that she essentially stole the money. She begs for forgiveness and promises that she will give Alice half of the money. Then she wakes up the next morning and changes her mind.

I don't know what happened after that. A lawsuit, I presume.

Stories like these make me wish hell exists, for surely if it exists there is a special place in it for scum like that.

There's not that many winners of the actual jackpot. Just because they draw every week, doesn't mean people win every week.

After the lotto is won and the jackpot is reset to it's minimum, ticket sales are very slow until it starts gaining momentum.

Usually you get a winner every month or two.

Stories like these make me wish hell exists, for surely if it exists there is a special place in it for scum like that.

Well, that's the thing. Is Betty absolute scum or is she just the average person who has the chance to make an extra 1.5 million with a simple lie. Obviously it's terrible, and obviously it is wrong. But how many people would do it? If you could tell one lie for 1.5 million, who would do it? I know I wouldn't, but lots of people would.

Of any possible curse to have, I'll take the "problems due to winning millions" one.

My dad told me about a prank his work friends played on a guy that was getting married. They bought him a lottery ticket (they all play lottery pools together) and had a recording of those being the winning numbers that night and played it for him during his bachelor party... they told him "I bet you can't wait to tell your fiance!" He's like "Fiance? **ck that slag I'm rich now!" (I'm paraphrasing)... Imagine how bad you'll feel after you find out it was all a prank, and you still have to marry her the next day.

I can see how it would ruin marriages and family relationships though.. Hard not to have a wondering eye when you're mega rich and can get (almost) anything/anyone you want. Family/Friends will probably want money, if you give some they will want more, or hear that another got more, or be mad they got less, rinse and repeat til you're broke or hated.

If you don't respect money, it doesn't matter how much you have. Also people who play the lotto are dumb.

Buy an island and never leave. Just sail in whores a few times a week

saw this. The only problem he has is unsolicited phone calls and people asking to borrow money. Well most non millionares have to deal with this too you prick. "bawwwwww bawwwww I dont like dealing with the media so im going to give a interview where I talk all about it bawwww"

classic!!