Powerball Winners Call It A Curse

In Georgia you can claim it in the name of an LLC, so that's an option.
I don't have facebook now so that's not an issue. I'd claim the prize as anonymously as I could. Heck, I would only show my face and photo I.D. just to the official if I could get away with it. Then I'd be on the next plane to Japan. Why, you ask?

Because anyone that would come hounding me for money has no way or means to get to Japan to follow me and I could easily disappear once I'm there. I'd square away my family remotely and once all that's settled, I'd probably stealth-move to Montana because no one would ever think that I'd move there in a million years.

In Georgia you can claim it in the name of an LLC, so that's an option.
I don't have facebook now so that's not an issue. I'd claim the prize as anonymously as I could. Heck, I would only show my face and photo I.D. just to the official if I could get away with it. Then I'd be on the next plane to Japan. Why, you ask?

Because anyone that would come hounding me for money has no way or means to get to Japan to follow me and I could easily disappear once I'm there. I'd square away my family remotely and once all that's settled, I'd probably stealth-move to Montana because no one would ever think that I'd move there in a million years.

Why wouldn't they be able to get to Japan?

If I won the lotto I wouldn't tell anyone, I would just be missing

I'd be to busy with hookers and blow to even care about other people.

I'll put the money in a swiss bank account and move across the world.

You have to get all of your affairs in order -like taxes, potential litigation, jilted lovers etc, then form a corp to purchase a house and goods through, and relocate to another state.

Then you go and claim it before the year is up

Id rock it like Floyd Mayweather. Tell everyone to f*ck off and have sex with high priced hookers, drive nice cars, a where a gold crown and have a cane like the one from the Jurassic Park (mosquito in amber). I would never go into hiding.

Jamaican cops hate rastas, mon. That would just make you an even higher target for police intimidation and murder.

The I guess it is Amerstadam for me then and the coffee shops are the safest place in the world to me.:icon_lol:

I'd probably not answer my phone for a year if i won a powerball sized jackpot.

Agreed. I imagine I'd hire a sassy Black lady. "You wanna talk to WHO?"

"It's whom, actually."

"Huh?"

"Whom."

"Why?"

This would go on for hours.

A former coworker of mine has a sister-in-law, let's call her "Alice".

Alice used to own a catering truck with her longtime best friend "Betty." Every week they would buy lottery tickets together. Then one day Betty won the lottery. I think it was about 3 million tax free. She claimed that her husband bought the winning ticket and it wasn't part of their weekly tickets. Alice believed her friend, and the lottery corporation had her sign a legal document stating that she wouldn't sue for part of the money.

Later on Alice found out that Betty, after she won had initially told a reporter that the ticket was, in fact, part of her pool with Alice. So Betty made up the story about her husband buying the ticket and was ripping off her best friend of 1.5 million dollars.

Obviously they were no longer friends, but as fate would have it they ended up on the same cruise several months later. Awkward!!!!! One night they are all drunk and Betty admits to Alice that she essentially stole the money. She begs for forgiveness and promises that she will give Alice half of the money. Then she wakes up the next morning and changes her mind.

I don't know what happened after that. A lawsuit, I presume.

Interesting story, but change "Alice" to "Wilma" :)

Depends how many people on average share a jackpot. If a large enough number share it that you're only getting <5 mil, for example, after taxes, it should be pretty easy to avoid fucking up your life since that's not enough really to allow you to quit your job and act hood rich (unless you're old as hell).

Once you're talking 100+ mil, most of these people just go full retard. That amount of money is just inconceivable to your average lottery player. They get taken advantage of by charlatans.

It's better off that someone win 10 mil or less, since it's enough that you don't have to fear being unprepared for retirement, but not enough to allow you to act like a playboy asshole (unless you're a complete idiot, which is entirely possible since you're probably wasting your money playing the lottery constantly).

I could see it being worse for those who win smaller amounts, like less than 5 million. Because people think they can live like playboy assholes, quit their jobs, then blow through the money pretty quickly and end up with a bunch of debt.

Lol! I'd just find some idiot bum and take him to law office and write up a really good contract. He go out and put a huge target on himself and claim all that 400 millions.
Once he get it... The deal would be he have to give me 5 millions and never talk to me again or mention me or anything.
He can have fun with all that remain 395 millions.

I'll just live on with my remain 5 million for rest of my life and no one will ever know about it :)

But... I don't gamble and avoid money I don't earn... Nothing good ever come out of it.

Last edited:
Ill gladly take the curse. Im broke.

I'd be in the middle of nowhere in Tuscany, only my immediate family and closest friends would know and I'd be sorting them out financially anyway. I don't see a problem here.

But then you might have to worry about one of those people trying to kill you

Large sums of money can drive people to do crazy things lol

i'd buy a fortified compound and hire security/ bodyguards.