Plinkett: The Last Jedi

My favourite part LMAO

Those fuckin story boards

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

"He ACTUALLY drew storyboards..."

Like this is some game-changing new take on going above and beyond in directing a $200M film.

The attendant at the gas station ACTUALLY put the gas cap back on when he had filled the tank.

The hotel staff ACTUALLY made the bed when I was out and about during the day.

My tailor ACTUALLY measured my waist when I was buying a new suit.

^This is what I’m talking about. I watch a lot of these condensed ones. If people dig the longer ones it’s whatever, but for me get to the point and don’t oversell it.

Honestly though that review was pretty short compared to some previous ones that have gone into multiple hours, not much Plinkett to it either which is probably a good thing as the joke has worn rather thin, maybe not gettingg the voice quite right was a subtle pop at TLS messing up Yoda so badly? <45>

You could call a good deal of it nit-picking I spose but I think there comes a point where a film includes so much illogical nonsense that it badly damages the credibility of the whole thing and your script looks more like it was written on the bus 20 mins before a homework deadline.

I mean I wouldn't call them perfect at all as reviewers but they've always had a heavy dose of entertainment to them and people seemed tohave no problem with the prequels being picked away at for literally a decade with this kind of review and forum discussion. Indeed I think actually a lot of the support for these sequels comes from people who got caught up in the culture constantly going on about the prequels(which were crap as well), that in itself became a major movement reaching almost as far a the popularity of the originals in geekish circles.

Last edited:
As a fan of RLM and the Plinkett reviews, this is only mildly funny and more than a bit dickish.

As a fan of RLM and the Plinkett reviews, this is only mildly funny and more than a bit dickish.
Eh it's like 95% the exact same complaints Star Wars fans had about the movie. With a few nerd nitpicks. At least we raised a lot of these complaints before the Plinkett video, so this time the diehard defenders of the movie can't claim this video is where we got all of our complaints from.

They're pretty obvious complaints about shoddy writing and lack of structure in the story.

Eh it's like 95% the exact same complaints Star Wars fans had about the movie. With a few nerd nitpicks. At least we raised a lot of these complaints before the Plinkett video, so this time the diehard defenders of the movie can't claim this video is where we got all of our complaints from.

They're pretty obvious complaints about shoddy writing and lack of structure in the story.
What's more, it's unnecessary. Many of the same criticisms were made in the Last Last Jedi review.

It's the first Plinkett review I thought was just kicking someone in the ribs.
I'm tired of this "Star Wars is very important and it's insulting that the director made decisions I don't like" bullshit.

I'll have to rewatch it and be see if I think it's funnier the second time.

If you like TLJ you're probably a cuckhold.

I checked out as soon as Princess Leia started flying in space
One of my best friends saw it two days before the rest of us. Still went with us. Didn't say shit about it. I read and heard nothing of the film. Beginning fellt weird, I was looking over at him, he was just focused. Look over again after the bomber stuff and he's like "Just wait" which came off as "Just wait until it gets good!"

She shoots out of the bay and I go "no..." like it just hit me that it was gonna be a shit show.

I look at him like
<Dylan>
He looks back at the rest of us like
<{jackyeah}>

This fucking troll won the day.

Listened to this today at work. Lmfao thinking about the nerds on here who would still be defending TLJ. Lmfao even more when I saw people are calling RLM white supremacists and Nazis now. I wonder how long until YT demonetizes them.

"He ACTUALLY drew storyboards..."

Like this is some game-changing new take on going above and beyond in directing a $200M film.

The attendant at the gas station ACTUALLY put the gas cap back on when he had filled the tank.

The hotel staff ACTUALLY made the bed when I was out and about during the day.

My tailor ACTUALLY measured my waist when I was buying a new suit.

Good, good... Let the anger flow through you!

One of my best friends saw it two days before the rest of us. Still went with us. Didn't say shit about it. I read and heard nothing of the film. Beginning fellt weird, I was looking over at him, he was just focused. Look over again after the bomber stuff and he's like "Just wait" which came off as "Just wait until it gets good!"

She shoots out of the bay and I go "no..." like it just hit me that it was gonna be a shit show.

I look at him like
<Dylan>
He looks back at the rest of us like
<{jackyeah}>

This fucking troll won the day.
This is the only movie that literally made me say "WHATTT?" out loud. This was when Rose Tico kissed Finn.

Kylo Ren lost to a girl with zero light saber training, and to an elderly hologram..

{<jordan}

Many people come to God on their own. The illusion of consensus doesn't make them any more right or wrong.

What's more, it's unnecessary. Many of the same criticisms were made in the Last Last Jedi review.

It's the first Plinkett review I thought was just kicking someone in the ribs.
I'm tired of this "Star Wars is very important and it's insulting that the director made decisions I don't like" bullshit.

I'll have to rewatch it and be see if I think it's funnier the second time.

It's really not funny...unless you like really REALLY bad comedy. Like kid comedy...then I guess it's on your level.

For me he never left! The Race is one of the funnest things I've ever seen. Fuck, King-Kong was great. I wanted to see the General Lee in there, tho. And Yoshi.
tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo6_540.gif

tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo5_540.gif

king_konggif.gif

ks1zkx7gddc0b9egelsh.gif

I can't believe so many people have turned their backs on him, but I can't overlook it.
He lost me with the Lincoln film. But I don't forget the good movies he made.

He lost me with the Lincoln film. But I don't forget the good movies he made.
Can you describe the shape of this loss? Like was it a serious revulsion? A wave of emotion, like disappointment or boredom? Simple DGAFness?

I'm a huge fan but I don't think that means one must see every film and LOVE IT. Sometimes you gotta call a moratorium.

Back