Plinkett: The Last Jedi

Watch the SW prequels reviews and laugh your ass off

Are they as mean as this video? I am in the minority, but I actually like the prequels. I do NOT like the new movies, but good god, they shat on Rian Johnson so hard in this video. It was funny at first... btw, who spells the name Rian? So stupid. I just read he is suppose to direct an entirely different trilogy tho? That seems like a big mistake....

Are they as mean as this video? I am in the minority, but I actually like the prequels. I do NOT like the new movies, but good god, they shat on Rian Johnson so hard in this video. It was funny at first... btw, who spells the name Rian? So stupid. I just read he is suppose to direct an entirely different trilogy tho? That seems like a big mistake....
I believe Rian is an Irish spelling.

The prequel reviews are really good analysis about why the films didn't work and the confused story about how they were made.
They're brutal but fair, those films are a mess. And they're quite funny

I believe Rian is an Irish spelling.

Ah, that makes sense. Had not seen it before.

Despite liking them, I do agree they are a mess. I always say that I think I enjoy them more, because I have played so many starwars games, read the books and comics, etc. They tried to do to much in capturing the vastness of the universe, and it just put to much food on the plate for people to digest.

I will have to give it a look. I did not finish TLJ review here, because it dragged on. I came across another section on their youtube page that I am really liking. I have been revisiting a lot of older, classic movies myself. Quite insightful, and I think will help me in my own movie analysis. They seem to do all of my favorite movies lol.

Ah, that makes sense. Had not seen it before.

Despite liking them, I do agree they are a mess. I always say that I think I enjoy them more, because I have played so many starwars games, read the books and comics, etc. They tried to do to much in capturing the vastness of the universe, and it just put to much food on the plate for people to digest.

I will have to give it a look. I did not finish TLJ review here, because it dragged on. I came across another section on their youtube page that I am really liking. I have been revisiting a lot of older, classic movies myself. Quite insightful, and I think will help me in my own movie analysis. They seem to do all of my favorite movies lol.

I am an RLM collector.
I have all the Re: Views. They're fun.

I highly recommend Best of the Worst. They watch shitty B movies and do a roundtable about the three they choose and watch.

I used to love Rich and Jack's video game reviews and associated stream, Previously Recorded but they recently drew it to a close.

Their regular reviews of films recently in theaters is Half in the Bag, and that's quite insightful analysis between two or three hosts, usually Mike, Rich, and Jay

I just read he is suppose to direct an entirely different trilogy tho? That seems like a big mistake....
Only in the sense of bad current cachet. Having his name tied to STAR WARS rankles the "fans."

Most everyone agrees there's a lot of technical greatness and beauty to the film. The chief complaints being Luke and addressing plot points from TFA in ways unappreciated. Without anchors like those, the antipathy is a bit overreaching.

Only in the sense of bad current cachet. Having his name tied to STAR WARS rankles the "fans."

Most everyone agrees there's a lot of technical greatness and beauty to the film. The chief complaints being Luke and addressing plot points from TFA in ways unappreciated. Without anchors like those, the antipathy is a bit overreaching.

Why are you putting 'fans' in quotes?

How is a youtube channel whos notoriety is to harshly critique bad star wars movies “dickish” for reviewing this bad star wars movie?

Because it stops being funny for him when they go after something he likes. Because he's a child.

Kylo Ren lost to a girl with zero light saber training, and to an elderly hologram..

{<jordan}

This is part of my issue too. I thought FA was a great stepping stone to a villain we could hate. But now he’s still a whiny kid and doesn’t seem to be a threat to Rey in the slightest. There’s zero tension for me and that’s a terrible feeling going into a climax. He’s not on Rey’s level and it’s been made obvious he’s no threat to her at all.

Only had about 10 or 15 minutes to watch last night but I laughed pretty hard at the comparison between Hux and Colonel Sanders from Space Balls.

The RLM Phantom Menace review is legit one of my favorite movies.

The original plinkett reviews predate twitter culture. That's why these weirdos can't handle the latest one.

They've grown used to a system where if someone has an opinion you don't like, he gets 140 characters to state it and then you get to argue back at them and get likes from same minded people and then ride off into the sunset feeling like you won something.

And if someone posts an opinion you REALLY don't like, you complain to twitter and get them banned, or dox them and get them fired from their job.

People have grown used to this system where if someone says something you don't like, you can silence them. They can live their whole life without ever having to experience different viewpoints.

These people have lost the ability to just sit there for an hour and hear someone else's opinion laid out. They have no interest unless they get the instant gratification of white knighting and getting likes for being such a hero.

It's all about that instant serotonin kick. There's no time for actually listening to other people and having their own opinions challenged.

TLJ has become this symbol for progressive film making where the meritocracy has been crushed and any idiot can make a SW movie provided he has the right political views (theirs). It's a sacred cow in this new culture where quality takes a back seat to 'progress.'

Listened to this today at work. Lmfao thinking about the nerds on here who would still be defending TLJ. Lmfao even more when I saw people are calling RLM white supremacists and Nazis now. I wonder how long until YT demonetizes them.
Theyre calling them nazis?

5f187ef002250ce766fea88c86a48c3d.jpg

Back