Plinkett: The Last Jedi

Lmao the levels of projection.

1536012428958.jpg

I doubt it happens, but if it does, it won't be for this alone. RLM is gaining in popularity, and absolutely trashes everything to do with the state of the industry. They know how the business works, and they're opening a lot of eyes to it, to the point where they could actually be making an impact on certain projects. They mock RT, and their bullshit Tomatometer. They mock big studios and dissect how they operate. They mock release schedules. They mock stars. They mock marketing...the list goes on and on. They go beyond just reviewing movies. They review the industry, and more importantly, they do it in a very digestible way.

The more popular they get, the more people they're gonna piss off. I could see them being a scapegoat for a lot of failed projects in the future. Now that their hits are getting into the millions(quickly), they're gonna catch the eye of a lot more powerful people.

Let me clarify that I'm not trying to oversell their influence here. I'm just saying that if Youtube did eventually pull some shenanigans on them, it would be for more than just Plinkett's TLJ review.

This guy is doing an edit of the TLJ, using deleted scenes, and adding his own effects, while splicing music to better fit the scene. Look how he made this scene excellent, timestamped.

Back