Plinkett: The Last Jedi

I checked out as soon as Princess Leia started flying in space
Yea that was the first fuck up. Laughed hard and stopped there first time I tried to watch it. Not just the fact that she is suddenly super powerful out of the blue but when she flies back the broken ship they just open a door and bring her inside. From space. No airlock, no problemo. Fuck me I wish that was the worst part
The 15 mins of that review I've watched so far is hilarious though, guy nailed it.

O ye, of little faith!

Ep 9 will bring you back! JJ will deliver everything you want.

Then the TV series (well streaming) from director Jon Favreau will surprise you.

Then the Game Of Thrones guys will hit it out of the park with Star Wars 'Medieval times' aka The Old Republic trilogy.

how-episode-9-could-be-the-best-740x414.jpg

All this hyperbole is ridiculous.
This is the reason I'm sick of Star Wars, and I grew up with those, SW was the first movie I remember seeing.

The original three films were great.
TFA was a fun retread.

That's it. All this rustle is kind of sad. I can't think of the last time a director disappointing fan expectations meant they were shit.

Watched it. He makes some good points. One of my problems with RLM is I dont find their "comedy" particularly funny. "Oh, my cat ripped off my penis". Ugh.

His points about the stupidity of the characters were spot on, though. The comparison to a screball comedy was an interesting exercise. And holy shit, those deleted scenes.

All this hyperbole is ridiculous.
IT'S TOTALLY SAD, but that's just how people wanna talk. It's even worse when they double-down on spreading misery, and then pretend civility when it gets returned to them. I'd love to say that it's a figment of their disappointment, but some people just aren't ready to face how ugly they can be.

Steven Spielberg hasn't recovered from CRYSTAL SKULL. The Wachowskis get zero love, although you can argue they've made themselves a bigger target than the MATRIX sequels. Oliver Stone wasn't regarded the same after NATURAL BORN KILLERS. And of course -- George Lucas himself rage-quit because of the Prequels.

O ye, of little faith!

Ep 9 will bring you back! JJ will deliver everything you want.

Then the TV series (well streaming) from director Jon Favreau will surprise you.

Then the Game Of Thrones guys will hit it out of the park with Star Wars 'Medieval times' aka The Old Republic trilogy.

how-episode-9-could-be-the-best-740x414.jpg

I found this unbridled optimism a bit confounding, but then I noticed you have Cain Velasquez in your avatar.

For me he's back, I friggin' loved Ready Player One.

<5>
For me he never left! The Race is one of the funnest things I've ever seen. Fuck, King-Kong was great. I wanted to see the General Lee in there, tho. And Yoshi.
tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo6_540.gif

tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo5_540.gif

king_konggif.gif

ks1zkx7gddc0b9egelsh.gif

I can't believe so many people have turned their backs on him, but I can't overlook it.

Last edited:
For me he never left! The Race is one of the funnest things I've ever seen. Fuck, King-Kong was great. I wanted to see the General Lee in there, tho. And Yoshi.

I can't believe so many people have turned their backs on him, but I can't overlook it.

I definitely had Spielberg in movie jail for 10 years after the awful Crystal Skull; but for me anyways, it was entirely subconscious. I was kinda shocked when I looked back and realized that much time had gone by. And it wasn't like I was ignoring his movies on purpose or anything, I'm totally open to checking them out, his films just somehow kinda went by me. I was actually surprised after RP1 looking up how prolific he's been. I mean, I still have no idea what 'War Horse' is, & part of me still thinks 'The BFG' isn't a real movie, wikipedia is just making this shit up.

tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo6_540.gif

tumblr_otib9cErUu1rrkahjo5_540.gif

king_konggif.gif

ks1zkx7gddc0b9egelsh.gif

And yeah I went to see this shit twice at the theater, in 3D. A random The Shining holodeck in the middle of the movie? The fucking Akira bike? This movie felt like it was made just for me, which is the brilliance a true master magician like Spielberg can pull off on literally millions of people simultaneously.

When the Overlook Hotel came into frame, the stranger sitting next to me and I met eyes and we just nodded to each other. I couldn't believe all the good shit that was pouring into our eyes. I think at one point we could have held hands.

I saw it three times in the theater, and missed out on a fourth time because my D-Box seat was broken. That was a real shame.

I definitely had Spielberg in movie jail for 10 years after the awful Crystal Skull; but for me anyways, it was entirely subconscious. I was kinda shocked when I looked back and realized that much time had gone by. And it wasn't like I was ignoring his movies on purpose or anything, I'm totally open to checking them out, his films just somehow kinda went by me. I was actually surprised after RP1 looking up how prolific he's been. I mean, I still have no idea what 'War Horse' is, & part of me still thinks 'The BFG' isn't a real movie, wikipedia is just making this shit up.
Spielberg's great at 3D. But I wouldn't say too much is missing in 2D. It's funny. Some 3D films suffer in 2D and others absolutely don't need 3D.

I love BFG, but then I love THE GOOD DINOSAUR too which I equate with BFG. Yeah, when we weren't looking Stevie's been chucking out two films at a time.

When the Overlook Hotel came into frame, the stranger sitting next to me and I met eyes and we just nodded to each other. I couldn't believe all the good shit that was pouring into our eyes. I think at one point we could have held hands.

I saw it three times in the theater, and missed out on a fourth time because my D-Box seat was broken. That was a real shame.

Spielberg's great at 3D. But I wouldn't say too much is missing in 2D. It's funny. Some 3D films suffer in 2D and others absolutely don't need 3D.

I love BFG, but then I love THE GOOD DINOSAUR too which I equate with BFG. Yeah, when we weren't looking Stevie's been chucking out two films at a time.

That's awesome. Yeah RP1 was some real potent magic. I'm not a 3D purist either way, I can take it or leave it, but I'm really glad I got to experience that one a few times in its full majesty. I feel bad for anyone who missed out on that one, for whatever reasons.

Related story, I have a friend who was in film school, she was out doing a little homework assignment shooting stuff on the streets, they were waiting for their boom mic guy to show up, and Steven Spielberg walked by. He saw them shooting, came over and grabbed the boom mic, helped out & talked with them for a little bit. So yeah no surprise the maestro is as cool in real life as his imagination is onscreen.

When war horse came out the outrageous morning radio DJ in town got an elderly guy to go to theatres and ask them where he could find 'the war whores.' everyday a different theatre. Only reason I remember that movie is bc of that awful bit

When war horse came out the outrageous morning radio DJ in town got an elderly guy to go to theatres and ask them where he could find 'the war whores.' everyday a different theatre. Only reason I remember that movie is bc of that awful bit

Yikes. Most people in that profession are brutally bad

Back