Phil Davis: Jon Jones would lose "badly" to Cain Velasquez (and other heavyweights)

Jones defeats DC, who was the 3rd or 2nd best HW, but wouldnt do well as a HW? Phil is jelly as fuck.

After UFC 182, Jon Jones made the following statement: "I would fight Cain Velasquez in a heartbeat. I really would!"

But Phil Davis thinks that Jones would not fare well against Velasquez (or some other heavyweights).

"You know, [Jon Jones] is welcome to try his hand at [moving up to heavyweight]," said Davis. "Part of me wants him to see how badly he would lose at heavyweight. ... Cain Velasquez would completely change his mind about being a heavyweight."

Your thoughts?

Phil Davis needs to move on. This guy has to constantly run his mouth about Jones to stay relevant because he knows he will likely never get a title shot.

Davis is a big guy, around the same size as Jones. Maybe he should try moving up to heavyweight because it's pretty clear a title shot at Light Heavyweight isn't in his future. I'm just tired of seeing Phil running his mouth about Jones in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant. Move on Phil, worry about the people you're fighting.

It's a strange thing on Sherdog how a lot of people assume that a champ at one weight class would do well at a higher weight class.

A change in weight class changes the fighter, as well as the competition around them.

20140426_jla_gb3_251.jpg.0.jpg

are we just gonna pretend Cormier isnt the #2 HW?
Cormier has his way with anyone in the division except Cain and he got manhandled by Jones. Taking into account the weight cut, does anyone think the results would be dramatically different if they fought at HW?

That said, I think Cain wins-but it would be a narrow margin of victory.

Jones would maul a lot huge guys. Overeem, Barnett, Hunt, Browne would all fall.

Clearly. He has been struggling to get guys down who aren't natural mw's, so he's resorted to using his size advantage and holding them against the fence; that shit wouldn't fly vs most hw's.

Interesting how you say that sh@t wouldnt fly against heavyweights. Last time I looked Cormier dominated bigfoot and Barnett and is easily in the top 3 wrestlers in the heavyweight division (correct me if I am wrong please) he was also clearly ranked in top 5 of the heavyweight division. Rumble didnt have too much problems up there and Hendo beat Fedor. Your logic reeks of jealousy and is full of flaws. Jones could easily move up and beat almost all the heavyweight bar a few bad match ups and even then to count him out is just stupidity on your part. Oh and yeah you jusy got owned

Ahahaha, so now that there aren't any more LHW's who are plausibly likely to beat Jones, his detractors are resorting to citing hypothetical opponents in a different division as the mythical fighters to finally beat him.

Jones will never fight Cain, so it's all moot. The man wants to retire undefeated. ;)

It'd be nice to see Phil get off Bones' nuts for a change.

Phil is a good guy and I like him but he can say the dumbest things. No matter what Jon may have mentioned about HW he fights at 205 with you, deal....

Any way you spin it, DC closed the distance, then sure as hell, Cain would too, and destroy him in the clinch.

Werdum would probably too. And JDS. Stipe is underrated, I wouldn't give Jones a chance against him either.

A bunch of Jones nuthuggers are in here trashing phil davis even though Jones was the one talking trash about Phil Davis first. Jones pretty much tattled on him for helping him get into a bar when he was 20. He tried to use it as leverage against davis too. That's a snake. Jones has been ducking Phil Davis and a bunch of other top fighters. He wants them all to fight each other even though Jones snuck through without fighting one top contender at the time. Jones is the most overrated of all time and DC was overrated also!! His performance against Jones is overrated. He wasnt looking for a KO like he shouldve been. People saying DC is top 3 heavyweight is funny also. There's guys ranked lower that could demolish him and demolish Jones. Matt Mitrione, Overeem, Travis Brown and on and on and on.... Jones does well against smaller and older people. He tied Gustafsson at best and barely wanted to fight for almost a couple years!!!

Phil Davis is the biggest Jones hater in the UFC. I'm not taking what he says seriously.

This isn't exactly a bold statement. Everyone including Jones would concede that right now Velasquez would destroy Jones.

A bunch of Jones nuthuggers are in here trashing phil davis even though Jones was the one talking trash about Phil Davis first. Jones pretty much tattled on him for helping him get into a bar when he was 20. He tried to use it as leverage against davis too. That's a snake. Jones has been ducking Phil Davis and a bunch of other top fighters. He wants them all to fight each other even though Jones snuck through without fighting one top contender at the time. Jones is the most overrated of all time and DC was overrated also!! His performance against Jones is overrated. He wasnt looking for a KO like he shouldve been. People saying DC is top 3 heavyweight is funny also. There's guys ranked lower that could demolish him and demolish Jones. Matt Mitrione, Overeem, Travis Brown and on and on and on.... Jones does well against smaller and older people. He tied Gustafsson at best and barely wanted to fight for almost a couple years!!!
5pFw46s.gif

you need help, SERIOUS mental help

35k9atk.gif~c200

Where did you come from, Youtube? Good god.

Any way you spin it, DC closed the distance, then sure as hell, Cain would too, and destroy him in the clinch.

Werdum would probably too. And JDS. Stipe is underrated, I wouldn't give Jones a chance against him either.

If there is any man in the world you don't give Jones a chance against, your hate for him has blinded you.

Cain is more powerful than DC - He has a better gas tank - He is also slower.

Phil Davis is the biggest Jones hater in the UFC. I'm not taking what he says seriously.

You don't label us Jones haters ok! We're normal people that don't like fake unlikable overrated snakes. Get it right. Youre a Phil Davis hater along with Jones and the rest of his very few amount of fans.

Back