Paulo Thiago says he stopped reading forums after being influenced

He read it 1!!! day before the fight. So

1. His trainers were shit, with a bad gameplan
2. He failed himself as he was online 1 day from the fight
3. He should've been on sherdog 1 Month away from the fight.

Then he would've trained different and won maybe.

And yet some people have an issue with me calling him a weak-minded fool.:icon_chee

Damn Paulo.. except for me, sherdoggers are clueless idiots. This is inter webs 101...

The advice he got from the forums was better. Had he committed to it, rather than remaining in between two game plans as he describes, he would have had a much better shot at winning that fight.

The lesson to be learned here is that when you go Sherdog, you go Sherdog all the way.

Da troof

Paulo Thiago vs Diego Sanchez is one of the sickest fights youll ever see...

just wanted to remind people that.

Sherdog's forums are frequented by some of the greatest minds in MMA, and serve as a repository of that wisdom. I refuse to believe that this is the site in question.

It's true. People give advice on here like they know a damn thing. The vast majority though have never stepped in a legitimate combat sport gym in their life, let alone train in one actively.

It's true. People give advice on here like they know a damn thing. The vast majority though have never stepped in a legitimate combat sport gym in their life, let alone train in one actively.

Yeh and you're a sick kickboxer and a bjj backbelt, right?

c46203bb8aeab2e5aa4df5dfbb5fcdb0e3c6e0c5e93f694363743d348b75de7e.jpg

Wow, it's amazing that the internet forums gave him a better game plan than his trainers.

He is a grappler and wanted to strike with Kampmann? What the hell...

Wow, it's amazing that the internet forums gave him a better game plan than his trainers.

He is a grappler and wanted to strike with Kampmann? What the hell...

Kampmann's striking isn't something phenomenal. Above average technically, but he's shown poor striking defense and no real KO power. Just because Joe Hogan says he is some amazing MMA kickboxer doesn't make it so.

I've got to give Paulo credit for sharing this information. I appreciate his candor. I think for any fighter that knows that he/she can be influenced by public statements or what is posted on the internet, I would suggest they remain far away from MMA sites during the entire training period.

The advice he got from the forums was better. Had he committed to it, rather than remaining in between two game plans as he describes, he would have had a much better shot at winning that fight.

The lesson to be learned here is that when you go Sherdog, you go Sherdog all the way.

I thought you should never go full Sherdog ;)

Proof that internet trolling can change the world.

Oh, man! A fighter should never do that, never take a forum seriously and especially never take the fans seriously, especially not the ones from Sherdog.

Paulo really needs to focus on his omaplata abilities and less on cardio and technique. He is a halfway decent striker, but his kicks should sometimes be used instead of his wrestling. He should also learn to try and clinch more from greater distances.

Paulo if you are reading this you must listen to what I'm telling you if you want to win.

Way to make a minor comment into something extreme. And I won't comment on my combat sport experience since that only gets you in trouble around here.

Back