Paulo Thiago says he stopped reading forums after being influenced

Sherdoggers > BOPE

Paulo basically saying that everyone on the forums have no fucking idea what they're talking about LOL. But Paulo we are the fight tacticians, we can't be wrong!

Paulo basically saying that everyone on the forums have no fucking idea what they're talking about LOL.

No, that's actually not what he's saying. What he is actually saying is quoted by the TS: "Many people who writes in these places knows about it, but many people don't"

honestly, I always wonder if these threads are read by the fighters, and if I knew that they were I'd feel bad about some of the bullshit I spew on here.

The advice he got from the forums was better. Had he committed to it, rather than remaining in between two game plans as he describes, he would have had a much better shot at winning that fight.

The lesson to be learned here is that when you go Sherdog, you go Sherdog all the way.

Full Sherdog?

I was well prepared to fight against Martin Kampmann. I trained and my strategy was to go for striking. The day before I went on the forum and everyone was saying that the solution for me to win this fight was to take the guy down. Then it messed me a bit. I was like: "Should I? Should I try to take him down?". But the whole plan was already drawn. I ended up confusing myself and I did neither well. Since then, I never read" - he said in an interview, recalling the defeat occurred in June 2010.

And as we can all see, that's where he really started turning his career around and bringing his achievements to new heights.

98vi0y.jpg

... ... ...

Come back Thiago!

Definitely miss him in his prime which was gone swiftly. Interesting to hear the forums have a pull on pros

I feel it all started when Sanchez slammed him. His fight career went downhill

He was a swat team member iirc in Brazil. Truly a hero and badass

That front page article about Paulo titled "In Steep Decline" probably didn't help <Lmaoo>

The fuck was he thinking? Probably saw too much shadface shoops fucked him up not some random sherdogger telling him he should go for ground game....

If a fighter goes through a 3 month training camp with game planning and preparing for a single opponent and then changes his game plan a day before the event because of what guys on the internet said, he has much bigger problems then reading forums. Maybe wrestling is a better strategy. Against Kampmann it probably is but it is not a better strategy when you have been training to strike with him for 3 months.

Who we taking bets on was it The Dawg or The UG?

Back