Paulo Thiago says he stopped reading forums after being influenced

KSchwarz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.lutapara.com.br/brasil-e...er-foruns-de-mma-por-ja-ter-sido-influenciado

-------------------------

Paulo Thiago's beginning at UFC was promising: a surprising knockout against Josh Koscheck on his debut and three wins in the first four fights inside the organization. The present moment, however, is quite different. The Brazilian welterweight (77kg) lost five of his last seven bouts and has received much criticism from MMA fans, especially in specialized discussion forums on the internet. Paulo confessed that he allowed himself to be influenced by these comments before a fight, this being the reason why he stopped visiting the forums:

"Actually I stopped reading these criticisms long ago because it messes a little bit with the fighter's head. I was influenced before. One day I read the comments about me on a forum on the day before the fight, and it totally influenced me in relation to the strategy for the fight. I was well prepared to fight against Martin Kampmann. I trained and my strategy was to go for striking. The day before I went on the forum and everyone was saying that the solution for me to win this fight was to take the guy down. Then it messed me a bit. I was like: "Should I? Should I try to take him down?". But the whole plan was already drawn. I ended up confusing myself and I did neither well. Since then, I never read" - he said in an interview, recalling the defeat occurred in June 2010.

Paulo believes some comments are useful, but most come from those who do not know much of the subject:

"Many people who writes in these places knows about it, but many people don't, and they have the freedom to write whatever they want. Sometimes the person doesn't know how the training was, the strategy, what went wrong, what happened behind the scenes. Just talking is easy. So I try not to read more."

--------------

I wonder if he was reading Sherdog? lol

Damn... maybe he read a really fucked up troll comment and that's why his career went south.

Maybe he should read the forums more often. Trying to take Kampmann down seems a hell of a lot better than trying to stand with him, esp if your Paulo Thiago.

Holy shit, pro fighters actually let us idiots fuck with the gameplans their coaches have spent weeks/months developing?

Lol. Damn.

He must have seen this shoop then. Yet no comment on it was made. Read between the lines, guys. Shooping may have victims. Flying Burrito should comment o this revelation.

m9xhep.jpg

He must have seen this shoop then. Yet no comment on it was made. Read between the lines, guys. Shooping may have victims. Flying Burrito should comment o this revelation.

m9xhep.jpg

That's definitely top 5 in the greatest shoops ever made.

Well, that explained his loss, Sherdog trolls and their gameplans.

I'm sure his coaches, trainers, sparring partners, etc are thrilled to know he opted to search the Internet for a second opinion.

Normally stupidity in any form annoys me. But I almost feel bad for him. It's like the mind of a child in an adult body. I can see criticisms annoying someone...maybe. But letting advice from anonymous strangers influence you to the point of confusion? That's either just really sad or should top the list of worst excuses ever

I'm sure his coaches, trainers, sparring partners, etc are thrilled to know he opted to search the Internet for a second opinion.

Normally stupidity in any form annoys me. But I almost feel bad for him. It's like the mind of a child in an adult body. I can see criticisms annoying someone...maybe. But letting advice from anonymous strangers influence you to the point of confusion? That's either just really sad or should top the list of worst excuses ever

It put doubt in his head when he was already in a fragile state of mind(fight coming up, nerves going crazy)

It's not like he read one troll message, he said everyone was saying it

Last edited:
I remember people use to say this was the guy to dethrone gsp

Weak-minded fool.

Why in the hell would he have had a plan to stand and strike with Kampmann? Hell, maybe Sherdog would give him better advice. LOL

I really wish the thread title was Paulo Thiago: "Shertards don't know shit about game planning."

He'd probably melt into ooze if the crowd ever booed him.

Take advice from my coach, or some random guy on the internet...

You gotta take the good with the bad. You think Overeem doesn't get a confidence boost from reading a thread where sherdoggers, in few cases even grown men salivate over his recent instagram pics? Its not the internets fault Paulo!

Back