Paulo Thiago says he stopped reading forums after being influenced

Blame the forums.:icon_chee Look at yourself in the mirror and blame yourself for failure or success.

It put doubt in his head when he was already in a fragile state of mind(fight coming up, nerves going crazy)

It's not like he read one troll message, he said everyone was saying it
I understand the progression he claims took place. I just am surprised it is possible. That is why its either a terrible excuse or I feel sorry for him because if true, his head is way too messed up to succeed in MMA. An adult man doubting himself and a strategy put together by professionals because of Internet posters is something that should not even be possible.

Fighting isn't for everyone. The mental part can be huge. I'm not surprised he has been on such a downward spiral after hearing this

Blame it on the rain
Yeah
Yeah

Maybe Koscheck read too much about how dangerous his overhand right was.
He spent the whole fight against Thiago, Alves, and GSP, trying to land it.
He lost all 3 fights miserably.

Wow! I didn't realize that we have so much power and influence

Take advice from my coach, or some random guy on the internet...

The advice he got from the forums was better. Had he committed to it, rather than remaining in between two game plans as he describes, he would have had a much better shot at winning that fight.

The lesson to be learned here is that when you go Sherdog, you go Sherdog all the way.

decent fighter at best but a straight up hardcore BOPE dude

Because had a win over Koscheck? lol

Not only that, but his ground game was/is bad ass. Didn't have the best striking technique but obviously had power. It just seemed like he had a shot.

Well, in theory he should've taken it to the ground. Martin is no joke on the feet.

He gave me all the evidence I needed that Koscheck never was an elite WW, it's all good hombre

I vote sherdog ban everyone who posted on that day and change the Kampmann fight to a no contest.

This has got to be the greatest Brazilian excuse for losing of all time.

The advice he got from the forums was better. Had he committed to it, rather than remaining in between two game plans as he describes, he would have had a much better shot at winning that fight.

The lesson to be learned here is that when you go Sherdog, you go Sherdog all the way.

Amen.

amen.gif

There should be a "ronin" fighter who trains in his garage and asks sherdog for advice. We could not bash him. Not ever.

Back