Rumored Paulie got paid 7 figures for BKFC fight Vs Artem

you, TS, and everybody on this post doesnt know what the fuck they are talking about. everybody that is not at the top in boxing is getting paid literal scraps. 5k a fight. only people at the top who are well known get millions.
Listen up.

I am just commenting on the REPORTS that he was paid a large amount of money.
Go contest the facts (if you like) that with the person who reported it, not the people who are just commenting upon that reported amount.

That's pure insanity.

Looked like there was about 500-1000 people there live.

No idea how many PPVS it sold. But can't be that many.

I was there live and there were way more than 1000 people. You probably couldnt see the seats surrounding the floor seats on the broadcast. I would guess at least 4,000. All the floor seats that ranged from $50-500 were sold out. I had to buy general admission at $40 (which were actually the best seats in the house because they were the only ones with any elevation)

I was there live and there were way more than 1000 people. You probably couldnt see the seats surrounding the floor seats on the broadcast. I would guess at least 4,000. All the floor seats that ranged from $50-500 were sold out. I had to buy general admission at $40 (which were actually the best seats in the house because they were the only ones with any elevation)

Solid first post on Sherdog

That percentage is of total revenue, not profit.

True, though "big" is a relative term. Personally, I think that the UFC is making more than 25% profits (universally acknowledged as a sign of a healthy business), so they could certainly afford to lower their profit margin in order to pay fighters more, and while it would be admirable (morally) it would be a stupid idea (in terms of business).

Why pay more if you can get away with paying less?

Those two PPVs were terrible examples, which I proved.

I didn't engage in who made more money between UFC fighters and boxers, I was simply correcting @ImNotSurpisedDonks! on his numbers.

You aren't getting his overall point.. okay he done goofed on the numbers, he is a sherbro it happens.

Point is a boxing event that did meh business 100k or under dished out millions to each of the main events.

What happens when UFC does 150k-200k buys on a meh card ? Might Mouse gets 250k show purse.. 40k reebok and gets maybe 1 dollar for 50k buys *but to our surprise MM didn't even get that he was a champ with no damn PPV claue*. (not to mention his opponent gets less)

Do you understand what is happening ? when UFC does 1 mill PPV or 800k PPVs like they managed to do a few years ago.. our damn main events should have pulled in 15-20 mill easy on such numbers but they don't because the UFC is doing them dirty.

Conor with his record UFC card 2.4 mill buys oh my god he should have made 100 mill for that shit not 35 if he is lucky might be lower who knows.. that goof isn't mad for nothing on the UFC he knows he should be payed way way way more and his been trying to raise that bar for himself at every chance he got.

Luke Thomas and Brendan Schaub just mentioned live on the mma hour that this is what they've both heard from different sources.

Now, how the hell does a backyard promotion like BKFC can pay Paulie 1MI to fight Artem, but it will take someone an humongous promotional effort to get to that level in the UFC?

Thats crazy
IF TRUE, BKFC will be gone soon. Look at other orgs that talked about fighting and giving fantastic pay days, they all went out of business

You aren't getting his overall point..
Yes, I am.

okay he done goofed on the numbers, he is a sherbro it happens.
I wasn't engaging in boxing vs. UFC pay, only that his numbers and those examples were wrong.

Point is a boxing event that did meh business 100k or under dished out millions to each of the main events.
And likely lost money in the process, which makes that business model unsustainable.

What happens when UFC does 150k-200k buys on a meh card ? Might Mouse gets 250k show purse.. 40k reebok and gets maybe 1 dollar for 50k buys *but to our surprise MM didn't even get that he was a champ with no damn PPV claue*. (not to mention his opponent gets less)
UFC 191
115,000 buys

$5,750,000 Gross PPV Revenue
-50% (Cable Company)
$2,875,000 UFC PPV Revenue

$1,362,700 Live Gate
-35% (Venue Tax, AC, etc.)
$885,755 UFC Live Gate Revenue

$3,760,755 UFC Gross Revenue
-10% Advertising
-$1,500,000 UFC Production
-$1,381,000 Fighter Purses

$503,680 + Sponsors + International Broadcast = UFC Net Revenue

TLDR: The UFC may have made as much as the fighters did for UFC 191.

Do you understand what is happening ? when UFC does 1 mill PPV or 800k PPVs like they managed to do a few years ago.. our damn main events should have pulled in 15-20 mill easy on such numbers but they don't because the UFC is doing them dirty.
((800,000 buys * $50) - Cable Company) - $20,000,000 = Zero Dollars

Conor with his record UFC card 2.4 mill buys oh my god he should have made 100 mill for that shit not 35 if he is lucky might be lower who knows..
The UFC makes $36 per buy, and if McGregor had made $100 million for UFC 229, then the UFC would've immediately been in the red with -$13,600,000, from McGregor's purse alone (doesn't factor Nurmagomedov's purse or the other fighters on the card).

Failed to mention that two of those digits were decimals...

You have to get paid that much when you put your life on the line to lace up a pair of invisible gloves against the 5-division world champion GOAT.

Luke Thomas and Brendan Schaub just mentioned live on the mma hour that this is what they've both heard from different sources.

Now, how the hell does a backyard promotion like BKFC can pay Paulie 1MI to fight Artem, but it will take someone an humongous promotional effort to get to that level in the UFC?

Thats crazy
<DontBelieve1>

Ward got $5 and $6.5 million for the first and second fight, respectively.
Kovalev got $2 million and a percentage of the profits for the first fight, and in the second fight opted out of a guarantee in exchange for a percentage of the PPV and live gate.

In other words, no, neither of them got $20 million for either fight.

Edit: Just looking at the revenue generated by the rematch, and your figures are way off:

$60-70 PPV
100,000 buys
$7,000,000 PPV Revenue
-50% (Cable Company) = $3,500,000 PPV Revenue
$2,200,000 Live Gate - 25% (Venue Tax, AC, etc.) = $1,650,000

$5,150,000 TOTAL REVENUE

They actually lost money.
That's just North American markets. They have broadcast deals across the world, especially Russia. Plus adverts and licensing. I'm betting the people that matter made money.

It WOULD explain why he did it though.

I heard BKFC pays big money for certain fighters, it's te only way they can basically do major marketing to have notable fighters. If they got the capital, they pay big money to attract some people who *should* get PPV's sold.

Basically shows you what a cheap-ass Dana is.
I said before the reason why he is even bothering with this was because he had to be getting decently compensated. A few people joked about the statement and sounded like it was more about some personal 'war' with the Mcgegor clan. It made me laugh.

Back