Rumored Paulie got paid 7 figures for BKFC fight Vs Artem

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Luke Thomas and Brendan Schaub just mentioned live on the mma hour that this is what they've both heard from different sources.

Now, how the hell does a backyard promotion like BKFC can pay Paulie 1MI to fight Artem, but it will take someone an humongous promotional effort to get to that level in the UFC?

Thats crazy

The owner looks like a mob lackie.

Its mob money confirmed

That's pure insanity.

Looked like there was about 500-1000 people there live.

No idea how many PPVS it sold. But can't be that many.

It WOULD explain why he did it though.

I heard BKFC pays big money for certain fighters, it's te only way they can basically do major marketing to have notable fighters. If they got the capital, they pay big money to attract some people who *should* get PPV's sold.

Basically shows you what a cheap-ass Dana is.

They are trying to establish themselves so probably throwing money around and hoping they eventually recoup it.

According to who the fuck tho?

Luke and Brendan said they heard he got 7 figures.

From who?

Probably Paulie pushing that out to make him look like less of an embarrassment.

My guess is they probably guaranteed him that and took out a creative insurance policy out against the number of PPV they'd sell. Promoters do this all the time in other avenues like concerts or festivals.

If this even true.

I wouldn't be surprised, the amount of spotlight this fight and the aftermath have brought.

Is worth way over 1 million, in advertising alone.

I've seen articles everywhere.

Brendan usually has good sources and Luke isn't a person to just throw shit out there without sources. Paulie also seems to have a good relationship with Luke.

Ward vs Kovalev got paid like 20 million a piece for a card that sold 100k ppvs. When Dana ain't skimming billions off the top, it's surprising how much can be fairly paid.

Back