Rumored Paulie got paid 7 figures for BKFC fight Vs Artem

According to who the fuck tho?

Luke and Brendan said they heard he got 7 figures.

From who?

Probably Paulie pushing that out to make him look like less of an embarrassment.
From sources, lol

That’s how sources work, they don’t post their names...

Xmen_Wave_3.jpg

Ward vs Kovalev got paid like 20 million a piece for a card that sold 100k ppvs. When Dana ain't skimming billions off the top, it's surprising how much can be fairly paid.
Ward got $5 and $6.5 million for the first and second fight, respectively.
Kovalev got $2 million and a percentage of the profits for the first fight, and in the second fight opted out of a guarantee in exchange for a percentage of the PPV and live gate.

In other words, no, neither of them got $20 million for either fight.

Edit: Just looking at the revenue generated by the rematch, and your figures are way off:

$60-70 PPV
100,000 buys
$7,000,000 PPV Revenue
-50% (Cable Company) = $3,500,000 PPV Revenue
$2,200,000 Live Gate - 25% (Venue Tax, AC, etc.) = $1,650,000

$5,150,000 TOTAL REVENUE

They actually lost money.

Wouldn't it be a final humiliation if his cheque bounced as well..

Most of that money is going towards facial reconstruction surgery.

If the PPV does well, it’s not that bad for either end. Paulie gets a mil and BKFC doesn’t have any other fighters making huge bucks so they could see profitability once they pass a certain threshold of buys. Maybe. That’s how the UFC does it. When a PPV does well, you pay the top fighters their share and pay everyone else peanuts and you can still make a decent chunk of change.

Of course he was paid 7 figures, you think he went out there for the love of the sport or to try something new? He was paid handsomely to promote the event and he did, fight was trending extremely well, completely overshadowed the UFC fight night and Bellator event.

Kovalev got $2 million and a percentage of the profits for the first fight, and in the second fight opted out of a guarantee in exchange for a percentage of the PPV and live gate.

OH OK, that is right, it was near that figure combined. Still proves that lots of money is available with little PPV generated. Im guessing this fight possibly did near Ward Kova numbers too, as there was massive buzz across two sports.

According to who the fuck tho?

Luke and Brendan said they heard he got 7 figures.

From who?

Probably Paulie pushing that out to make him look like less of an embarrassment.
Paulie himself said before the fight that he got MORE than 350k that could be up to a mil but who knows

They probably made a decent amount from that event

Even if they didn't, everyone was talking about it. It was a good investment for the future, and it made their guy look like a world beater

No one said it was in dollars, I heard it was 6 million Iranian Rial

You're right but both PPV's did less than 180k buys and they still made millions. In the UFC, people who draw more than that still get paid a lot less.

it was near that figure combined
That's doubtful.

I edited my post after you replied:
Edit: Just looking at the revenue generated by the rematch, and your figures are way off:

$60-70 PPV
100,000 buys
$7,000,000 PPV Revenue
-50% (Cable Company) = $3,500,000 PPV Revenue
$2,200,000 Live Gate - 25% (Venue Tax, AC, etc.) = $1,650,000

$5,150,000 TOTAL REVENUE

They actually lost money.
And that's assuming everyone purchased the PPV in HD (unlikely), but I gave you the best case scenario to highlight how badly they lost money.

I wouldn't be surprised, the amount of spotlight this fight and the aftermath have brought.

Is worth way over 1 million, in advertising alone.

I've seen articles everywhere.
The Artem effect

UADaExy.png

<21>

Back