Rumored Paulie got paid 7 figures for BKFC fight Vs Artem

BKFC has the same type of people around hem as Pride back in the days, i think.

Luke Thomas and Brendan Schaub just mentioned live on the mma hour that this is what they've both heard from different sources.

Now, how the hell does a backyard promotion like BKFC can pay Paulie 1MI to fight Artem, but it will take someone an humongous promotional effort to get to that level in the UFC?

Thats crazy

i get he got paid alot but 1 million seems to high. i bet they want to keep is secert to upset the other fighters.

It WOULD explain why he did it though.

I heard BKFC pays big money for certain fighters, it's te only way they can basically do major marketing to have notable fighters. If they got the capital, they pay big money to attract some people who *should* get PPV's sold.

Basically shows you what a cheap-ass Dana is.

cheap ass paying fighters millions to fight. please. without the ufc conor is broke and homeless.

It works almost like sports wager for the insurance companies. For example in the world of concert festivals or any festival in general or just concerts if the promoter is smart enough. Promoters will have an insurance policy on the event. So let's say an event takes place over 4 days and the success of the event depends upon primarily on admission and sales of food, beer, soda, rides, etc. etc. The insurance policy may be written that if any day the festival takes place and more than 1/2 inch of rain falls or whatever amount is agreed upon between the hours of "X and X" the promoter can can collect "x" amount of money. Usually someone on behalf of the insurance company needs to be there to verify this in there rain gauge. So he or she(promoter) might pay $30,000 a day for this insurance to maybe payout $100,000 per an incident for that lost revenue. Most major festivals have something in place similar to this. It could written that a major lighting storm effects show and that day's 3 top bands that bring the people there can't play they may collect "X" amount. Usually it would be the guarantee the bands get and probably estimate loss of other revenue. Lower the pay out the lower the premium.

Sturgis is good example. Just about all those major bars that bring the big bands have this out of the ordinary insurance coverage on top of the standard insurance policies one would have. Many of them only operate the week around Sturgis and make their money for the year. So bad weather can wipe out any chance of making money even it's just one night that gets rained out.

There is all different ways these things get written up. But if you can dream it up chances are you can find an insurance company willing to take a gamble on it. My guess is BKFC did something to guarantee Paulie a 7 figure pay day if this is true. So it would have to be a bet against PPV numbers. I highly doubt they got the cold hard cash to pay it.
Awesome, thank you for this response.

Insurance against weather or external factors that reduce participation makes sense to me. But I got to imagine you can't insure against a lack of demand for the product in the first place. Like if no external triggers happen, you can't collect. Which still leaves you exposed to a high salary for say a Paulie.

Just found some footage of Paulie trying to cash his check.

Ward vs Kovalev got paid like 20 million a piece for a card that sold 100k ppvs. When Dana ain't skimming billions off the top, it's surprising how much can be fairly paid.

100k buys at $60 is only $6million and the cable company takes half, sounds like someone took a bath on that one...

Take a look above of a few examples I gave.
Thanks, although I don't think even under the best of conditions bkfc would have made money paying Paulie all this.

So there is no gamble to be had.

Sure, I'm talking out of my ass. But that's just the feeling I get

Thanks, although I don't think even under the best of conditions bkfc would have made money paying Paulie all this.

So there is no gamble to be had.

Sure, I'm talking out of my ass. But that's just the feeling I get

I highly doubt the seven figure guarantee is even real unless they got some rich investors that forked up some money or a sponsor or two. But looking that there sponsors I doubt that.

My guess is Paulie got like 150K guaranteed and a very good PPV point number. Maybe like $7+ per a buy. These guys have to much pride to go around and say I made shit. I think a lot of lie about it.

Awesome, thank you for this response.

Insurance against weather or external factors that reduce participation makes sense to me. But I got to imagine you can't insure against a lack of demand for the product in the first place. Like if no external triggers happen, you can't collect. Which still leaves you exposed to a high salary for say a Paulie.

Who knows who will take these odd claims on.

Chances are IF he really was guaranteed seven figures it was a combination of things for BKFC to do to get him that money. They may even have took on a couple investors for "X" amount and percentage of the company to make this fight happen. Maybe they got some extra sponsorship money or maybe some rich dude just had to see this fight and offered up 250K with $3 buy return or something odd.

My best guess is he didn't get paid seven figures but had the ability to make seven figures.

100k buys at $60 is only $6million and the cable company takes half, sounds like someone took a bath on that one...
Right? But I think there is live gate, ad revenue, rights to fight etc.....Im not sure how it work, but you're right, it sounds too high. Another poster said they were paid like 5 and 6 million, which is still too high.

That's pure insanity.

Looked like there was about 500-1000 people there live.

No idea how many PPVS it sold. But can't be that many.
Yeah but they were on lawn chairs and stuff. Low overheads, right?

Ward vs Kovalev got paid like 20 million a piece for a card that sold 100k ppvs. When Dana ain't skimming billions off the top, it's surprising how much can be fairly paid.
Yeah I think people underestimate all the money that comes in on events of any kind

Possible long term investment to get more eyes on BKFC. It obviously worked considering the number of threads on Sherdog and UG forums alone.

Maybe they did make money, or broke even but it's impossible to know for sure. They do in fact have plenty of sponsorship to off set the costs.

My guess is they probably guaranteed him that and took out a creative insurance policy out against the number of PPV they'd sell. Promoters do this all the time in other avenues like concerts or festivals.

If this even true.

Liar. You make no sense.

Back