Rumored Paulie got paid 7 figures for BKFC fight Vs Artem

No one said it was in dollars, I heard it was 6 million Iranian Rial

You're right but both PPV's did less than 180k buys and they still made millions. In the UFC, people who draw more than that still get paid a lot less.
The promotion for those two PPVs ended up losing money.

Paulie with a body made of glass and zero punching power became a double weight world champion and positioned himself to earn 7 figures a fight. Respect.

OH OK, that is right, it was near that figure combined. Still proves that lots of money is available with little PPV generated. Im guessing this fight possibly did near Ward Kova numbers too, as there was massive buzz across two sports.
You were 60% off lol

"Still proves..." No actually your point looks retarded now and you proved nothing

Ward got $5 and $6.5 million for the first and second fight, respectively.
Kovalev got $2 million and a percentage of the profits for the first fight, and in the second fight opted out of a guarantee in exchange for a percentage of the PPV and live gate.

In other words, no, neither of them got $20 million for either fight.

Edit: Just looking at the revenue generated by the rematch, and your figures are way off:

$60-70 PPV
100,000 buys
$7,000,000 PPV Revenue
-50% (Cable Company) = $3,500,000 PPV Revenue
$2,200,000 Live Gate - 25% (Venue Tax, AC, etc.) = $1,650,000

$5,150,000 TOTAL REVENUE

They actually lost money.

Uhhh you’re making his point. They lost money and still paid the fighters 8-10 million dollars. The fact that it wasn’t actually 20 million each doesn’t change anything.

The point is that the promoters only expect to make money if the event has a certain level of success. They don’t just come in like “well we’re getting our millions, and the fighters can pay it if the fans don’t”.

They lost money and still paid the fighters 8-10 million dollars.
Ward didn't make that kind of money (refer to my previous post).
Kovalev didn't make that kind of money (because most of his money was based on the aforementioned zero profit revenue).

There’s no way in hell he got paid 7 figures from that company

Utter bollocks

Obviously set up for a trilogy and the first fight went exactly like how they planned. Paulie getting robbed to set up the rematch where Paulie will win then the rubbermatch. I think it proves boxing is bigger than mma because they had to pay Paulie over a million and artem probably got like gas money, hotel fare and a bag of doritos.

Ward vs Kovalev got paid like 20 million a piece for a card that sold 100k ppvs. When Dana ain't skimming billions off the top, it's surprising how much can be fairly paid.
It WOULD explain why he did it though.

I heard BKFC pays big money for certain fighters, it's te only way they can basically do major marketing to have notable fighters. If they got the capital, they pay big money to attract some people who *should* get PPV's sold.

Basically shows you what a cheap-ass Dana is.

you, TS, and everybody on this post doesnt know what the fuck they are talking about. everybody that is not at the top in boxing is getting paid literal scraps. 5k a fight. only people at the top who are well known get millions.

The promotion for those two PPVs ended up losing money.

The UFC only gives out 14-17% of profits to the fighters. They can pay a lot more than they are currently paying while still making a big profit.

Those two ppvs are just one example, we've seen GGG make millions per fight and he can't draw more than 300k without Canelo.

That's pure insanity.

Looked like there was about 500-1000 people there live.

No idea how many PPVS it sold. But can't be that many.

Must have been more than the ufc and Bellator events of the same week based on internet coverage

The UFC only gives out 14-17% of profits to the fighters.
That percentage is of total revenue, not profit.

They can pay a lot more than they are currently paying while still making a big profit.
True, though "big" is a relative term. Personally, I think that the UFC is making more than 25% profits (universally acknowledged as a sign of a healthy business), so they could certainly afford to lower their profit margin in order to pay fighters more, and while it would be admirable (morally) it would be a stupid idea (in terms of business).

Why pay more if you can get away with paying less?

Those two ppvs are just one example
Those two PPVs were terrible examples, which I proved.

we've seen GGG make millions per fight and he can't draw more than 300k without Canelo.
I didn't engage in who made more money between UFC fighters and boxers, I was simply correcting @ImNotSurpisedDonks! on his numbers.

Feldman had the ref paid off to allow no clinching and thought Paulie was in for an easy night to setup a McGregor fight.

Bad investment

investment

UFC paid Royce big to come back and fight their champion Matt Hughes

My guess is they probably guaranteed him that and took out a creative insurance policy out against the number of PPV they'd sell. Promoters do this all the time in other avenues like concerts or festivals.

If this even true.
I'll like to understand an example of a creative insurance policy that could cover something like this. I don't need an example of it happening, just the logistics.

Back