Media Paddy Pimblett: I would've put up a better fight than Charles did that night

Islam would have finished Paddy in the first round.

There are levels to this, and Islam's overall grappling is far above Paddy's.
And Islam's counterstriking ability would probably easily drop the aggressive yet reckless Paddy. Heck far lessor strikers have hurt/dropped Paddy.

How dare Paddy think he could have done better than Charles, who has fought and beaten the likes of Poirier, Gaethje, Chandler, Ferguson

Paddy should concentrate on outdoing Oliveira’s performance vs Jared Gordon. Sparked him in 90 seconds.

SlightYawningAracari-size_restricted.gif

He ain't lying.

Guarantee Paddy would've looked better than Charles.
Agreed. I mean alright Paddy has embarrassed himself a lot lately with the whole Dana podcast and Helwani calls but my first reaction to this was "he ain't lyin" . Islam is a fucking machine and would smash Oliveria and Paddy on almost any night but something seemed off with Olives that fight. Genuinely think Paddy would've given better opposition that night while still ultimately losing . But it's piss in the wind to even speculate that I guess.

Still can’t believe islam is 155 lol wtf look at the size of him dont these guys feel like kids who stayed back a grade when they do that

Agreed. I mean alright Paddy has embarrassed himself a lot lately with the whole Dana podcast and Helwani calls but my first reaction to this was "he ain't lyin" . Islam is a fucking machine and would smash Oliveria and Paddy on almost any night but something seemed off with Olives that fight. Genuinely think Paddy would've given better opposition that night while still ultimately losing . But it's piss in the wind to even speculate that I guess.

Paddy may lose, but he'll go out on his shield.

I don't see quit in him.

He's underestimated at this point.

Paddy may lose, but he'll go out on his shield.

I don't see quit in him.

He's underestimated at this point.
Yeah funny how MMA fans are like that. Before he was over estimated and now (atleast online) it seems like everyone is gonna churn on him and underestimate him . He's a dangerous fighter, I remember his last fight where right when his opponent engaged in grappling I said "it's over" in the Sherdog PbP and sure enough he soon got the sub . If he works on his striking defense(tuck that chin!) he'll be extremely dangerous and even if he doesn't he will go out on his shield if not still win imo . I could be wrong but he's not a Darren Till. I think if people start constantly betting against him in fights they'll have another thing coming .

He ain't lying.

Guarantee Paddy would've looked better than Charles.
Based on what? The only clear advantage Pimblett has over Oliveira, in my opinion, is durability, which isn't always a good thing. That just sounds like Pimblett is going to sleep or breaking a bone rather than tapping out. Do people really believe Pimblett's striking, takedowns and ground game are on par with Makhachev and Oliveira's?

<Dany07>

Islam is a fucking machine and would smash Oliveria and Paddy on almost any night but something seemed off with Olives that fight. Genuinely think Paddy would've given better opposition that night while still ultimately losing.
So, with no explanation, you just come to the conclusion that "something seemed off with Oliveira, and even Pimblett would have done better." Maybe Makhachev is really that good. Why is it so difficult for some people to accept this? It's strange.

Back