Ortega turned KZ into a wrestler

Idk but sounds to me that being GSP-esque is actually a compliment. KZ took no damage apart from the head butt, was jabbing Ige all night, knocked him down with a punch in the 2nd, got Ige missing with his punches, and make him look bad in the ground.

A5pXRxWk

oqVCdkQG

Yes it's GSP-esque. Thanks to Brian!

Obviously KZ isn't half the fighter GSP is.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't mean to be harsh on a white belt who joined today that got him deleting his post. Sorry.
tenor.gif

I don't disagree with the premise of the OP. Ortega definitely got him back to camp very mindful of strong striking opponents which Ige was exclusively tonight (except for 5th round stupid takedown which got him death kneed) and seems to be mostly anyway. But KZ has always been well rounded. Those were great take downs and grappling who wouldn't not use that? I personally think that if Ige had landed seriously clean tonight it would have been rough for Zombie or if he could get back up in the later rounds even. KZ put everything together but I don't know that this version of KZ sniffs a title shot again. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Gio
Who says he was? You just compared him to the GOAT. Lol

I didn't. Only to the part where he became a wrestler after losing.

Why would anyone in their right mind would compare KZ to GSP, different league

I didn't. Only to the part where he became a wrestler after losing.

Why would anyone in their right mind would compare KZ to GSP, different league

Have you watched his fight with Poirier when he was outwrestling him and outgrappling him on the ground? Ot that night he pulled off the 1st twister in UFC history? Takedowns and grappling has always been a part of his game. I bet you only heard of him when he was back from military and knocking guys out.

Have you watched his fight with Poirier when he was outwrestling him and outgrappling him on the ground?

That was super green Poirier. Imagine having to wrestle Ige to win a fight anyways.

Anyways I've followed KZ since before his debut. But not a fan of fighters trying to wrestle his way to victory.

That was super green Poirier. Imagine having to wrestle Ige to win a fight anyways.

Anyways I've followed KZ since before his debut. But not a fan of fighters trying to wrestle his way to victory.

It's MMA. You should watch kickboxing or those celebrity boxing match ups if that's the case.

There's that, and there's playing it safe.

There's playing safe and there's outclassing your opponent while having your arm popped in the 2nd round. That's called being gutsy btw in case you didn't know.

KZ certainly a more complete MMA fighter than Ige, but I don't think KZ will go anywhere near the belt, not when other better striker and grappler in FW is around.

Back