1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ortega turned KZ into a wrestler

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustOnce, Jun 19, 2021.

1. JustOnce Always learning

Damn, that trauma. Almost GSP-esque. Turned into a full on wrestler after Serra fight.

Probably one of the most embarrasing losses ever against Ortega after all that shit talk too, and that IQ, or lack thereof, shown by Ige.

But win is a win.

2. Thesnake101 Think about it, it worth it.

Oh no, a versatile fighter is finally using his whole repertoire, the horror!

3. Schoolboy Q Gold Belt

Two fights in a row I thought Kz’s striking looked awful.

4. Chael_Sonnen I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.

Meh, its a smart move by Zombie. His striking is not that good. His grappling is far better than his striking.

When people don't stand right where Zombie wants them to stand and enter in sloppily, Zombie can't counter and he can't lead because of his footwork. Mixing in the takedown and using his elite ground game is a very smart move, and the only way I see him beating someone like Holloway or Kattar. (But I don't see him beating Holloway).

PC Polly Page likes this.
  5. Lavitz Berserk

Griffith!!!

6. Paolo Delutis Silver Belt

And right on queue Just Once's shitty take after the event ends lol...

Classic J.O

7. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Maybe MMA isn't for you bro

8. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Username checks out, Just Once it would be refreshing if you didn't have an ice cold take

Lychrel and mmaknight like this.
  9. B ville Famous Brown Belt

Zombie always mixed it up.
    [​IMG]

giovanni_ss, Morax, Huligani and 2 others like this.
  10. Martialbeef Red Belt

Dunno about awful, he was catching Ige with some stuff. Definitely less quality than normal though.

BluntForceTrama likes this.
  11. asdf122345 Red Belt

It will be good for his career in the long run. We don't want him brawling and getting brain damage.

HogerKlotz likes this.
  12. Broad Blade Black Belt

KZ has more submissions then knockouts. Haven't you seen his past fights? Wonder why he's always been called well rounded? Hmmm.

Tchernobog and HogerKlotz like this.
  13. Broad Blade Black Belt

He rocked Ige with a right. I wished KZ swarmed hard at that point. He seemed a little to calm in there tonight.

HogerKlotz and YungSithLxrd like this.
  14. giovanni_ss Taeyeon Belt

Bad chin? Ige is the one who got knocked down in the 2nd. KZ ate his best shots like nothing.
    Bad boxing? Ige got jabbed all night and his face is the one busted up on the feet. KZ never went hard with his ground strikes
    Bad at everything? Ige is the one who kept missing his punches, can't get his rhythm, can't get a takedown, and can't check a leg kick. KZ mixed it all with kicks, jabs, hard punches, knees in clinch, takedowns, and almost gets that body lock at will.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't mean to be harsh on a white belt who joined today that got him deleting his post. Sorry.

Tchernobog, TCE and Broad Blade like this.
  15. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

He could have got the finish after the knee in the 5th but he was too gassed to GNP so he went for the RNC instead

16. EternalNoob Blue Belt

Can't blame him for being a little more cautious. And at the end of the day, Ige couldn't stop him, so who's fault is that? :)

But yeah, his exciting, brawling style did help him gain popularity, but too many losses in a row will kill your brand. He needed the W and he got it. Maybe he fights like this for the rest of his career. I could see him taking a cautious approach for a title run. Then if he gets the title he would keep that approach until he lost it. After he loses again, I think he might go back to crazy KZ to wrap up his career.

Pure speculation of course.

HogerKlotz likes this.
  17. Broad Blade Black Belt

lol. I've never seen KZ use that many jabs in my life. He used his distance well and his jabs didn't look like it had pop to them, but they did. Just look at Ige's face and how wide he missed his strikes. KZs jabs and left hooks were on point and and had some pop to them...

18. BabyBlue_Bomber Red Belt

I guess that means Jung is going to win the title and never lose again…

HogerKlotz and giovanni_ss like this.
  19. BluntForceTrama Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The Junior Dos Santos overhand club appears to have been fully accepted by KZ now.

He wields it like a club. He's older now and still pretty hittable. 5th round got a little dicey on his end. I thought KZ would be the fresher but he seemed zapped after the 4th. He got tagged nicely.

Something about his strike game seems a bit off If Im being honest. I think he had Iges tendencies figured out in the repertoire. Maybe he's telegraphing.

I hope he does his next one in front of crowds. I have a theory that KZ is a MUCH better fighter in front of crowds. He feeds off crowd energy more than most.

20. giovanni_ss Taeyeon Belt

Idk but sounds to me that being GSP-esque is actually a compliment. KZ took no damage apart from the head butt, was jabbing Ige all night, knocked him down with a punch in the 2nd, got Ige missing with his punches, and make him look bad in the ground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes it's GSP-esque. Thanks to Brian!

HogerKlotz likes this.