Ortega has taken too much damage

Andy 93

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Holloway beat the life out of him and Volk just did the same. Surely that's going to take a massive toll going forward?

We'll see.
He certainly was at his best against both KZ and tonight against Volkanovski, as weird as that (latter part) might sound.

He needs 6-12 months off for sure. The end of round three particularly was one of the most damaging beatings I can recall and reminded me of the end of Rockhold vs Teh Chris. Which was the end of Teh Chris.

Overeem got knocked out 20+ times in his fighting career and he's perfectly fine. its not the same for everyone.
Let's circle back on Overreem in 10 years. Doubt he's going to be doing great then. Also, prolonged beatings are far worse than knockouts.
Shertards are too soft.
Lol not even. You clearly are ignorant of how trauma like that affects quality of life for boxers or fighters. All Ortega got for his corner not stopping it was maybe an extra 50 gs, some extra memories, and a life shortened by several years in all likelihood.

Let's circle back on Overreem in 10 years. Doubt he's going to be doing great then. Also, prolonged beatings are far worse than knockouts.

Lol not even. You clearly are ignorant of how trauma like that affects quality of life for boxers or fighters. All Ortega got for his corner not stopping it was maybe an extra 50 gs, some extra memories, and a life shortened by several years in all likelihood.

false… Ortega just got way more popular based off that fight.. just look at how people are responding to his effort in the fight

8 months off plus a favorable matchup.

We've got Debbie downer in here. Don't worry so much about everything you fruit

false… Ortega just got way more popular based off that fight.. just look at how people are responding to his effort in the fight
And what's that get him? Fan adoration in a niche sport doesn't pay rent or medical bills. Keep in mind you are in an mma bubble. 99.999 percent of Americans don't know who Ortega is, nor will they give a shit about his toughness.

His style involves taking a lot of risks and really going for the finish at all times, which in turn leaves him open to taking a lot of damage. So far his chin has held up great, but it's not hard to envision it cracking at some point soon if he continues to take damage like this. Having said that, he's not exactly the most active fighter and has only fought 10 times in a 7 year UFC career, so that will certainly help prolong his career.

And what's that get him? Fan adoration in a niche sport doesn't pay rent or medical bills. Keep in mind you are in an mma bubble. 99.999 percent of Americans don't know who Ortega is, nor will they give a shit about his toughness.

someone do a ig follower check on Ortega after tonight’s performance

$$$$$$

We've got Debbie downer in here. Don't worry so much about everything you fruit
Commas are your, friend. I didn't give birth to the events of tonight lol.

And jeez, didn't know balancing fighter welfare with action made ay a fruit. Any boxing corner worth its salt stops the Ortega fight in after the 3rd or midway through the 4th. And they sure as fuck aren't "fruits"

someone do a ig follower check on Ortega after tonight’s performance

$$$$$$
Same thing. That directly doesn't pay bills. There's a quit a bit of middle ground between Just Bleed and protecting fighters long term because they are too tough or don't understand the costs of what they do in mma.

Overeem got knocked out 20+ times in his fighting career and he's perfectly fine. its not the same for everyone.

What in the world makes you think he's perfectly fine?

I would bet a substantial amount of money that guy has brain damage and will face neurological problems as he ages, if not already.

He needs 6-12 months off for sure. The end of round three particularly was one of the most damaging beatings I can recall and reminded me of the end of Rockhold vs Teh Chris. Which was the end of Teh Chris.
except Ortega came out in the 5th like a savage and Weidman came out just to get finished. Ortega did that breathing think in between 4 and 5 and came out to try and finish the fight. Hats off to him.

Back