One & Done Fighters in the UFC

Jason Thacker. Had a fight on TUF 1. Then got offered a fight against Leben on the finale and lost in 1st round. Never fought again if I remember correctly.

Jason Thacker. Had a fight on TUF 1. Then got offered a fight against Leben on the finale and lost in 1st round. Never fought again if I remember correctly.

He actually never fought on tuf if I remember correctly. He was sent home after his team lost a challenge.

Travis Fulton graced the Octagon but a single time out of his 250+ fight career.

Tonya Evinger iirc came to the UFC on loan from Invicta, got her ass kicked by Cyborg and went back to Invicta.

(I don’t recall her fighting again in the UFC)

Reactions: TCE
He actually never fought on tuf if I remember correctly. He was sent home after his team lost a challenge.

Yeah you are correct, coaches challenge was lost and the weakest fighter was voted off or something. Poor guy.

And Leben pissed in his bed and then tko'd him.

Every season of TUF has produced some guys that get a fight on the Finale undercard, take their L, and then end up either quitting the sport or fighting on the regional scene for a while.

From TUF 1:

Jason Thacker
Chris Sanford
Josh Rafferty
Lodune Sincaid
Bobby Southworth

I'm not gonna go through all the seasons but you get the idea. Countless guys fit that description.

Too bad Falco got booted for legal problems. He was an exciting fighter.

Kit Cope lost to Kenny Florian twice in the same fight then never fought in the UFC again...
EmGfpiCX0AAVCB9.jpg

EmGfpi3XIAE-EIN
Thought he fought Razor rob also or was that in strikeforce?

Travis Fulton graced the Octagon but a single time out of his 250+ fight career.

Tonya Evinger iirc came to the UFC on loan from Invicta, got her ass kicked by Cyborg and went back to Invicta.

(I don’t recall her fighting again in the UFC)

Pretty sure Fulton is 1-1 in the ufc?

Call me nuts but in today's HW division, with only a few strong grapplers, I think James would do pretty solid.

It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Gerald Harris at UFC 123.

Neil Wain

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Shane Carwin at UFC 89.

James Zikic

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Phillip Miller at UFC 38.

Neil Grove

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Mike Ciesnolevicz at UFC 95.

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Mark Godbeer at UFC FN 127.

Jimmy Flick

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Cody Durden at UFC FN 183.

James Tony

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Randy Couture at UFC 118.

Am I missing any?

Antonio Mandingo McKee (0-1)
Lost a split decision to Jacob Volkmann
One and done

Jo Sung Bin. Was supposed to be a good prospect but lost by UD to a guy who was on a 3 fight losing streak on his debut. Got released and eventually signed with PFL

Bill "The Butcher" Mahood. Fought Forrest Griffin after Forrest won TUF 1.

Back