One & Done Fighters in the UFC

@TCE There are a few of them floating around out there. Wish I could find my Pete Spratt fight I had it on VHS years ago. I was the first guy to get a KO against him. Damn Im old VHS haha

Got a knee KO on him, good man. If you ever do find it, make sure ya post it up mate. Would love to see it. Cheers.

So how did that happen? Did they come to you? Did you pursue them to get a fight?
I was supposed to have a couple of fight with Zuffa years before. Things just didnt happen right or I already had commitments with other orgs. UFC wasnt the biggest org back in the day and they didnt pay the best either. If I gave my word to promoters or was a champ in another org I wouldnt leave for a fight with Zuffa. I got contacted to fight Lytle who was a braddah I had alot of respect for and whose career was starting to take off. I took the fight pretty short notice and it didnt go my way. They offered me another one againsShonie Carter who i had already fought but I had commitments. Then the opportunity fort the comeback season of the ultimate fighter came up and I just couldnt take the time away from the fam.

I was supposed to have a couple of fight with Zuffa years before. Things just didnt happen right or I already had commitments with other orgs. UFC wasnt the biggest org back in the day and they didnt pay the best either. If I gave my word to promoters or was a champ in another org I wouldnt leave for a fight with Zuffa. I got contacted to fight Lytle who was a braddah I had alot of respect for and whose career was starting to take off. I took the fight pretty short notice and it didnt go my way. They offered me another one againsShonie Carter who i had already fought but I had commitments. Then the opportunity fort the comeback season of the ultimate fighter came up and I just couldnt take the time away from the fam.

I was always working a 9-5 job on top of training. So priorities were paying the bills. Fighting didnt pay the bills back then. The money is alot better than it used to be. Like i said im old now so i can say back in my day. haha

Thanks for answering!

I was always working a 9-5 job on top of training. So priorities were paying the bills. Fighting didnt pay the bills back then. The money is alot better than it used to be. Like i said im old now so i can say back in my day. haha
Massive respect for that

99.9% of people could never survive that lifestyle

Keigo Kunihara is another. Only had one UFC fight in 2005.

Dave Galera is another.

nevermind he had like 4 fights thats crazy i dont remember those

Reactions: TCE
Galore Bofando he had a ton of potential just dropped off. He belongs in this discussion

Not UFC clip but this guy was a madman in the ring

Last edited:
Ryan Roberts. Got submitted in 16 seconds by Marcus Aurelio at UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon in 2008. Never fought for the ufc again.

I think that has to be the worst ufc career in modern history.

Kit Cope lost to Kenny Florian twice in the same fight then never fought in the UFC again...
EmGfpiCX0AAVCB9.jpg

EmGfpi3XIAE-EIN

Antonio McKee, fight was so boring it doesn't even exist on fight pass. He had a lot of hype before being signed too, a very big win streak. I was looking forward to his debut and though the'd be a legit contender, I was very wrong. Probably too late for him at that point.

Sean Gannon, he simply didn't have the skills to compete at a pro level. A journeyman in Brandon Lee Hinkle completely outmatched him. To quote Joe Rogan " Sean Gannon is a bloody mess. "

Last edited:
Reactions: TCE
Back