One & Done Fighters in the UFC

I think mentioning TUF fighters is just uninspired lol. Derrick Noble, Nick Thompson etc...

Travis Fulton graced the Octagon but a single time out of his 250+ fight career.

Tonya Evinger iirc came to the UFC on loan from Invicta, got her ass kicked by Cyborg and went back to Invicta.

(I don’t recall her fighting again in the UFC)

Tonya fought and lost vs Ladd and ...was it Lina Lansberg?

Nick Serra
Scott Junk
Bob Cook
Zach Light
Kristof Midoux
Sherman Pendergarst
Sean Gannon
Rodrigo Ruas
Joao Marcos Pierini
Jermaine Andre
CJ Fernandes
Leigh Remedios
James Zikic
Chris Haseman
Jules Bruchet
John Polakowski
Shane Primm
Josh Schockman

Ignoring tuf drop outs, a couple who spring to mind: Isabella De Padua got a very late call up to fight Lipski, tested positive and got released. Then there was Tina Lahdemaki, fought Gadelha in the UFC's first strawweight bout in 2014, still in the testing pool in 2018 but never fought again. Joe Stevenson's wife Maia's UFC career lasted less than a full round.

Travis Fulton graced the Octagon but a single time out of his 250+ fight career.

Tonya Evinger iirc came to the UFC on loan from Invicta, got her ass kicked by Cyborg and went back to Invicta.

(I don’t recall her fighting again in the UFC)
Tonya had 3 UFC fights and one on TUF.

It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Gerald Harris at UFC 123.

Neil Wain

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Shane Carwin at UFC 89.

James Zikic

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Phillip Miller at UFC 38.

Neil Grove

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Mike Ciesnolevicz at UFC 95.

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Mark Godbeer at UFC FN 127.

Jimmy Flick

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Cody Durden at UFC FN 183.

James Tony

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Randy Couture at UFC 118.

Am I missing any?
I think Antonio Mackey

Martin Svensson lost to Teymur

Sakuraba technically had two fights in the UFC but both were against the same opponent on the same night.

Took home a HW tournament title and never looked back.

James Mulheron 0:1

lost to Justin Willis in 2017 and then got USADA'd

I mean, obviously fails the eye test

james-mulheron-ufc-fight-night-113-weigh-ins-1000x.jpg

James Mulheron 0:1

lost to Justin Willis in 2017 and then got USADA'd

I mean, obviously fails the eye test

james-mulheron-ufc-fight-night-113-weigh-ins-1000x.jpg

"I mean, obviously fails the eye test"

you mean roided to the gills

Fuck that motherless scumbag.

You ever see that video in the garage?

Oh yah, I remember that. I thought it was a gas station. He best some guy with a bat of some sort. What exactly was it ?

Anyhow, too bad he got into problems cause the guy was a talented and exciting fighter. Just a scumbag in life.

Oh yah, I remember that. I thought it was a gas station. He best some guy with a bat of some sort. What exactly was it ?

Anyhow, too bad he got into problems cause the guy was a talented and exciting fighter. Just a scumbag in life.
I posted the video back in the thread...

Basically he was with a friend in a gas station (an 11-0 FW). Some chick comes in, Maquiel touches her up. She leaves and returns with her boyfriend and his crew. The crew beats both fighters, Maquiel runs away leaving his friend to get beaten with a 2x4 and kicked into a coma. Never fought again.

With friends like that...

I also despised him for getting my boy Gerald Harris cut.

Last edited:
Sean Gannon got one fight after beating up Kimbo in a garage
This was gonna be my reply if no one mentioned it. It was against Brandon lee Hinkle. He actually lost his Job as a police officer for taking that fight. Should have got another shot. imo

I'm sure someone mentioned it already but Rolles Gracie. Came into the UFC, laid an egg vs Joey beltran and was cut. This wasn't that fight but too funny not to post, the other kind of walk-off KO

tumblr_p04qkc8BKL1rofocqo1_500.gifv

Rolles Gracie Jr.

Well, there we go. Still that gif is worth posting every now and then.

I didn’t fact check on Fight Finder but...

Papy Abedi?
Rin Nakai?

This was gonna be my reply if no one mentioned it. It was against Brandon lee Hinkle. He actually lost his Job as a police officer for taking that fight. Should have got another shot. imo

I think it was just Dana’s way of showing people Kimbo was a joke by having the guy that beat him get wrecked by an unranked journeyman fighter. Once he lost, he was no use to Dana.

I'm sure someone mentioned it already but Rolles Gracie. Came into the UFC, laid an egg vs Joey beltran and was cut. This wasn't that fight but too funny not to post, the other kind of walk-off KO

tumblr_p04qkc8BKL1rofocqo1_500.gifv

Well, there we go. Still that gif is worth posting every now and then.
What is this braddah? never seen this

Back