One & Done Fighters in the UFC

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Gerald Harris at UFC 123.

Neil Wain

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Shane Carwin at UFC 89.

James Zikic

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Phillip Miller at UFC 38.

Neil Grove

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Mike Ciesnolevicz at UFC 95.

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Mark Godbeer at UFC FN 127.

Jimmy Flick

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Cody Durden at UFC FN 183.

James Tony

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Randy Couture at UFC 118.

Am I missing any?

It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

Neil Wain

James Zikic

Neil Grove

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

Jimmy Flick

James Tony

Am I missing any?

Yea me. I fought Chris Lytle and never had another fight with Zuffa

Damn, how come mate?

Just looked at your record, you've had loads of pro fights. Respect.
Had some injuries. Got offered a spot on The Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season. That fell through. Its all good though still have a great relationship with the UFC and Dana I coach alot of guys who are on the roster there Bellator and PFL. Mahalos for the support.

p2HpkGij-0guHHXNO3t6WnPJom_Wt43MVcWximIQRAU.jpg

Rolles Gracie Jr.

Your forgetting the most famous one though. Hes from your country too. Lighting Lee Murray

Both of these are great ones.

Had some injuries. Got offered a spot on The Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season. That fell through. Its all good though still have a great relationship with the UFC and Dana I coach alot of guys who are on the roster there Bellator and PFL. Mahalos for the support.

Good job in your career, bro. I'm going to go hunting tomorrow after work and watch some of your fights. Glad to hear you're still close with Dana and CO. All the best to you, good sir.

Maiquel Falcao

Neil Wain

James Zikic

Neil Grove

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

Jimmy Flick

James Tony

Am I missing any?

Jimmy Flick chose to retire whilst booked for a fight didn't he?

Maiquel Falcao

Neil Wain

James Zikic

Neil Grove

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

Jimmy Flick

James Tony

Am I missing any?

This thread got started about the other guy with a win also.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ops-8-year-maximum-security-sentence.4183140/

Reactions: TCE
Back