One & Done Fighters in the UFC

Had some injuries. Got offered a spot on The Ultimate Fighter Comeback Season. That fell through. Its all good though still have a great relationship with the UFC and Dana I coach alot of guys who are on the roster there Bellator and PFL. Mahalos for the support.
Massive respect for an outstanding career mate. Glad it seems you’re doing well and are on good terms with the ufc

Sean Gannon, the guy that fought Kimbo in that gym.

20140323125215_IMG_9444.JPG

Also a shitload of TUF finale guys that didn't make it.

Reactions: TCE
There was a guy who got signed to fight Uriah Hall on short notice, then pulled out of the fight due to injury I believe. He got released before he ever stepped into the octagon

I am curious what happened to the 1-0 fighters.

Roger Gracie (one of the BJJ GOATs), fought only once in the UC against Tim Kennedy, at UFC 162

edit: dang it, beaten by Pierced7681...

I would have loved to watch more of Roger Gracie in the UFC, like against Maia or Jacare... their grappling bouts were all great, but throwing some strikes in it would have been interesting.

I'd also would have loved to watch Roger vs some elite wrestler.

Last edited:
Roger Gracie (one of the BJJ GOATs), fought only once in the UC against Tim Kennedy, at UFC 162

edit: dang it, beaten by Pierced7681...

I would have loved to watch more of Roger Gracie in the UFC, like against Maia or Jacare...

Yeah that was bs they cut him after one fight. Dana did the same to Rolles and Renzo.

UFC 38, the fist Brit card and the first Zuffa card outside the US might might be the GOAT card for one an done.

Leigh Remedios lost to Genki and never fougt again in the UFC.

Jamie Zikic lost to Phillip "Undefeated" Miller and he ws never called back too.

Mark Weir won in spectacular faashion and got himself another couple of fights. Had he lost, he'd probably never fight again in the UFC either.

It was win or out for the Brits back then.

UFC messed up releasing Neil Grove, there was GOAT potential

It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Gerald Harris at UFC 123.

Neil Wain

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Shane Carwin at UFC 89.

James Zikic

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Phillip Miller at UFC 38.

Neil Grove

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Mike Ciesnolevicz at UFC 95.

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Mark Godbeer at UFC FN 127.

Jimmy Flick

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Cody Durden at UFC FN 183.

James Tony

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Randy Couture at UFC 118.

Am I missing any?

The most surprising things is half those fighters actually won. It always hard to get cut on a win, but to cut on a win on your first UFC fight is harsh. Even if you aren't great in the win the first fight is always a big step up in a new environment. I am curious for the 1-0 records how many were UFC choice and how many were fighter choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back