One & Done Fighters in the UFC

Maybe someone already posted this, but I think Roger Huerta's win streak in the UFC was against a bumch of 1-and-done fighters

Kind of guy that starts a fight and then runs away to let his friend get put into a coma.

Was that the guy that was throwing punches in Falcao defense inside the store?
I would have guessed he would be dead here.

Wonder what his issue was with the females.

Edit. Interesting watch on the gas station incident

Falcao must be hammered during this exchange at the gas station. You can clearly see how slow he reacts to eveyrhing plus being a douche bag towards the females

Last edited:
It's very rare that a fighter just has one fight in the UFC, once that fighter has made it there.

The usual standard for a fighter losing their debut, is that they get at least one more fight to redeem themselves. If they don't, they are usually released after going 0 - 2.

Here though, are some one and done UFC fighters. Not counting any fighters one and done before 2001 (Zuffa purchase) - so no Kazushi Sakuraba when he fought at UFC Ultimate Japan in 1997 (...twice in fact due to a referee error - the early days were a lot different).

Maiquel Falcao

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Gerald Harris at UFC 123.

Neil Wain

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Shane Carwin at UFC 89.

James Zikic

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Phillip Miller at UFC 38.

Neil Grove

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Mike Ciesnolevicz at UFC 95.

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Mark Godbeer at UFC FN 127.

Jimmy Flick

1 - 0 in the UFC. Defeated Cody Durden at UFC FN 183.

James Tony

0 - 1 in the UFC. Lost to Randy Couture at UFC 118.

Am I missing any?
Chris Barnett may end up being one of those guys

I didn’t fact check on Fight Finder but...

Papy Abedi?
Rin Nakai?

Rin had at least 2 goes, both decision losses.

Caught with a flush knee from Tate, and ate it like a poptart. Showed beautiful td technique in her next fight, just not aggressive enough

still think she had potential, just needed to go down in weight. But was Japanese and weird, so went back to Japan to never return

I posted the video back in the thread...

Basically he was with a friend in a gas station (an 11-0 FW). Some chick comes in, Maquiel touches her up. She leaves and returns with her boyfriend and his crew. The crew beats both fighters, Maquiel runs away leaving his friend to get beaten with a 2x4 and kicked into a coma. Never fought again.

With friends like that...

I also despised him for getting my boy Gerald Harris cut.

Met Falcao in person a few years ago...did not like him at all, had a thugghish vibe to him. He had a group of people around him and eventhough he was reserved, his crew and him were always ogling the others like: "if you do or say something we don´t like, we are going to beat you up..."

Cory Walmsley! Used to be a humorous case. Lost his ufc debut and never fought again. Don’t know his story.

I think it was just Dana’s way of showing people Kimbo was a joke by having the guy that beat him get wrecked by an unranked journeyman fighter. Once he lost, he was no use to Dana.
Um he put Kimbo on TUF so no. I think you are off base with that theory.

Lowell Anderson ( One fight against John Lewis, Corner threw in the towel Loss and never came back to MMA )

Joe Pardo ( Loss to Mike Van Arsdale)

John Marsh (Also Loss to Mike Van Arsdale)

Enson Inoue ( Can't Believe no one mentioned him, Win against Royce Alger)

I know the first three were former Original Gracie Academy Students,

Last edited:
Aloha to TCE for starting this thread. Just want to say mahalos to everyone posting on here. Iv been around the sport for along time and had every type of interaction with mma fans you can think of. Chating with all of you in this thread has made me even more thankful for the blessed career i had in this sport and shown me that even though the later part of my record doesnt reflect it. That I did have an impact and that some of you enjoyed watching me compete. I always thought I fought legends but the comments here have made me feel like one. So mahalos to all of you I hope you have a blessed weekend. Ron

Wade Shipp and Jonathan Wiezorek. both from the same fight LMAO. if any of you know you history you'll know why

There was also that guy who was an olympic wrestler who fought in one of the early UFCs. He was a last minute substitute for someone, won his fight, and then never fought again. Can't think of the guy's name.

Edit: it was Mark Schultz

Aloha to TCE for starting this thread. Just want to say mahalos to everyone posting on here. Iv been around the sport for along time and had every type of interaction with mma fans you can think of. Chating with all of you in this thread has made me even more thankful for the blessed career i had in this sport and shown me that even though the later part of my record doesnt reflect it. That I did have an impact and that some of you enjoyed watching me compete. I always thought I fought legends but the comments here have made me feel like one. So mahalos to all of you I hope you have a blessed weekend. Ron

Great talking to you, bro. You have my respect for all your fights, dedication, and what you have contributed to this great sport. I've never fought, I'm just an armchair fan.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you on here.

Cheers.

Aloha Ron!!! As another Island Boy here on the forums ( Born in Hawaii from Kapolei) you are one of the many Pioneers of Hawaiian MMA fighters I have nothing but respect for. Your still apart of Hawaii's UFC history and veterans along with guys like B.J. Penn, Max Halloway, John Lewis, Niko Vitale, Cabbage, Kendall Grove , Enson Inoue , ETC.

Nothing but respect to you and all the Island Warriors who stepped up into the cage!!! I've only done BJJ tournaments as MMA is a little to extreme for me to participate in, But Mahalo for your contribution to the sport!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back