Oldest object in your possession?

an official 1984 Olympic Torch (dad ran it for the USMC) is probably the oldest thing I know for sure the age of

My house was built in 1920

That probably wins

images

As for me I have my grand father's WW2 canteen and a roliflex camera from the 50s

Too bad his M1 garand was confiscated during the Martial law era of the 70s

My grandmother gave me her grandmother’s doll.

Very cool. What's the pattern on the bowl?

Its not a bowl, its a blanket. I can't find the exact pattern and colors, for all I know its a one of a kind. It was hand made by a woman who was old in 1978 so probably has long since passed away. The blanket looks similar to these patterns and the main background color is close to white, like an offwhite, almost cream colored. Anyway, the weirdest thing is I've been carrying this blanket around my entire life and it still looks in great condition 40 years later.

th
th

Pre-1965 Mossberg bolt-action 20g that was my GF's. 1st rifle my father learned to shoot? And I and my brothers learned to shoot and a close cousin we grew up with learned to shoot. It's a 3 generation shotgun/rifle that's still in good working condition.
I don't know. What was the 1st rifle your father learned to shoot?

How much did ya get for it?
Not a lot. Property values in rural Ontario are significantly lower than they are in or near the city. I still made over 50% profit on it in the less than two years I owned it.

I have books that are hundreds of years old. I collected them for a bit

Mind telling me some of the stuff you have owned? I love books, have a large collection of books, and would love to hear about it.

I have a Massachusetts Colony $7 note from the 1700's that I got a few years back.

Nice. I have several coins going back to the mid 1800's. But my oldest possession is a vintage trunk from 1807. Looks kind of like this.

0f89c6ed64fce0ddda6f6356c9d67c45.jpg

It's beat to shit, just like this one. I have been told, it was one of the first things acquired by an ancestor they came off the boat. And that is the oldest family possession by quite some distance.

I have a bible written in Welsh that is over 200 years old. It belonged to my grandmothers grandfather.

I have a coin from the Roman Empire and several US coins from 1796 to 1880. I have some old vacuum tubes from 40's I still use too.

The rocks in most peoples yards are millions of years old, however.

Mind telling me some of the stuff you have owned? I love books, have a large collection of books, and would love to hear about it.

Nothing worth noting. I started checking thrift stores like Goodwill and bought the oldest looking books they had. Then I bought at sites like

https://www.booksbythefoot.com

and I chose the oldest books they had. I don't even read them.

Here war from 1992-95 destroyed our stuff soo oldest I have is shell I buy 2001

My grandmother gave me her grandmother’s doll.

Some of those dolls can be worth serious grip.

A cousin of ours nearly threw away a box of vintage Bebe Schmitt Dolls when we were cleaning out my grandmothers house after she died. That was 1997, and the blood curdling scream my mother let out as my cousin was heading towards the dumpster still haunts me to this day. They were worth several thousand between them.

Back