Oldest object in your possession?

i found a rock in the rainforest in peru that i swear is the exact shape of a heart. that rock had probably been there for thousands, if not millions of years lol.

Some medals my grandpa took off dead Krauts in WW2.

The bones of my great grandfather. :eek:

Probably a blackface twin.

A glowing liquid diamond that's the heart of our dying sun I traveled into the future with Jim Belushi to get. We had to travel back in time to tell a young Mickey Rourke how to invent time travel first, because the CIA was about to use Mickey Rourke's own time-traveling technology to go back in time first and erase his memory, obviously. So after we raced back in time we realized we were in a time machine and traveled to the future to retrieve the heart of our dying sun so we could study it and create a new galaxy for humanity to move to when the sun died.

We traveled back to 2012, shot Mickey Rourke, and now we're arguing over what to call the new galaxy. It's either gonna be Belushistan, pfffffft, or "The Jniverse".

What's this thread about?

I have stuff older than this but nothing more interesting.

It's a scale my grandfather whittled in a Soviet POW camp in WWII to make sure everyone got the same tiny morsels of bread. When he got out of that camp he weighed less than a hundred pounds at 6'5.

142h15h.jpg

I have stuff older than this but nothing more interesting.

It's a scale my grandfather whittled in a Soviet POW camp in WWII to make sure everyone got the same tiny morsels of bread. When he got out of that camp he weighed less than a hundred pounds at 6'5.

142h15h.jpg

Wow, that's interesting indeed.

And props for putting up a photo of it.

2j2w2kk.jpg

this old watch my greatgrandfather hid in his anus during WWII. kidding aside, it's from a country that doesn't even exist anymore.

The oldest is probably a couple roman coins i've found metal detecting.

My favourite are these though:
I have these 3 ancestral watches from 3 brothers that fought in WW1.
2 died, 1 survived. The one who survived, well...his watch has a lucky penny glued to the bottom.

The oldest is probably a couple roman coins i've found metal detecting.

My favourite are these though:
I have these 3 ancestral watches from 3 brothers that fought in WW1.
2 died, 1 survived. The one who survived, well...his watch has a lucky penny glued to the bottom.

Where did you happen upon these Roman coins?

Also a handmade wallet from Italy.

Ugh.

My grandmother bought me a really handsome handmade wallet when I was an infant and saved it for me to use when I went on my first date. Within a few days of starting to use it I put it through the wash and ruined it. I really hate myself sometimes.

Probably my gold Gillette single ring razor, according to the serial number it's from 1906.

hm...interesting question...probably the "oldest" are the arrowheads we find on my wife's family ranch....then some coins from the 1800s, our kitchen table was made sometime between 1902 and 1917, we also got it from my wife's family's ranch and had it refurbished, then probably my great-grandfathers pistol...old colt revolver he bought when he got off the boat from Denmark in the early 1900s it may actually be older than the table, idk.

Back