Oldest object in your possession?

{<jordan}

The Mac was legendary for it's time and Apple computers crushed everything until IBM got decent versions of Windows (with IP theft from Apple) in the mid-90s

Commodore 64 in your grill.
Also...Apple Mac stole the GUI from Xerox and still managed to overprice their product by nearly $1,000 when $1,000 was like $2,500 is now.

Oh. Also, it actually was $2,500.

Then

still managed to overprice their product by nearly $1,000 when $1,000 was like $2,500 is now.

Oh. Also, it actually was $2,500.

Then

Overprice based on what?
No competitor had a comparable product and people happily paid what they asked for a unique product.

Commodore 64 in your grill.

Apple IIs stomped C64s.
We got the C64 first and gave it away after getting a IIc.

I have a tiny piece of a ship that sank in the 40s.

A super early Nike windbreaker I bought new around '79 hat is still in really good shape. Can't even find a picture of one like it online. Have not worn it in many years. I have lot of old family stuff and have found numerous old arrow heads.

I have an old wind up clock that keeps near perfect time and has a beautiful bonging sound. It was made in the 1890's and was an engagement present from my grandfather to my grandmother in around 1935. Im always amazed at how good of time it keeps with no electricity, never have to reset it when the power goes out.

I have an 85 year old Steinway and Sons grand piano in my living room.

But my mother left it to my sister in the will, so she will get it eventually.

This is a bit off, but my favorite t shirt, is now over 20 years old, and I bought it second hand.

True fucking story.

My wife has tried several times to convince me to throw it away, but that ain't happening.

I have a glass jar with pubic hairs from the resurrection.

Well that’s what the lady told me at the garage sale.

I have some old stuff from my granddad, gun accesories, a set of weights for measurings, a German WW1 binoculars and some other stuff I forgot.

Got an old 32. caliber Harrington & Richardson semi-auto pistol that my neighbor gave to me. She said her brother robbed a bank with in the 1940's.

Rocking chair.

Has been in our family since colonial days.

Will pass onto my kid when he grows up.

Also, somewhere in the house I have a copy of Gulliver's Travels from the late 1800s.

Oh, and a couple of issues of my hometown paper from January 1944

Not sure if it's the oldest I have, but I own a scribe tool that's from the 40's. It came from the section of Germany that the British occupied after WWII.

As far as something old that I use often: I'm currently wearing a Jerzee made in USA hoodie that dates back to at least the late 80's(have a picture of a family member wearing it back then). Other than the extra-sized zipper, you can't really tell it's that old by it's styling. I've worn it off and on since about 2002. It's incredibly soft from being washed so many times. I just sewed up a couple of tears in it recently. The cuffs on the sleeves are getting to the point where they're going to spit open any day now. I plan on wearing it until it literally falls apart. Last year a relative gave me a brand new version of the same thing from the early 90's so I'm set for another 15-20+ years or more after I trash this one.

Last edited:
A photo of my great grandfather, Ed Power from around the 1900's.

ttyf_zps949714c4.jpg
Switch to Imgur.

Is that you, Dean Corso?????

I love this movie. Every time I watch it, it makes me want to start collecting books.

And bang Emanuelle Seigner in an open field in front of a burning castle.

Back