Official UFC 173 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bringbacklife... are you a bettor? or just talkin fights? because your logic is not sound, as the other guys are explaining.

no such thing as "100% brown", 2:1 (or better) on a "50/50" fight is a *steal*... if i came up to you and said "i'm gonna flip a coin. if it's heads, you owe me $100, but if it's tails, i'll give you $200, deal?" you'd say yes, wouldn't you?

Was going to post the same thing but when I typed it out I sounded like Crewman!

Was going to post the same thing but when I typed it out I sounded like Crewman!

Hahaha I thought crewman wrote that ROFL I had to check twice and noticed it was EZ.

2nd time resting Duncan has cost me... God damn spurs are one of the teams that always lose me money even though they are the number 1 seed. Good day but could of been so much better.

Last edited:

1622772_790883390935333_1679029426523841123_n.jpg

I think Lawler's recent war with Hendricks gives him the confidence to win this fight. He has his eyes on the belt, Ellenberger is on his way out. If you like Ellenberger maybe live betting is the way to go?

I think in regards to motivation you can slice this fight a few different ways.

1. Lawler coming off a close title shot may give him added confidence and motivation to win his next couple and get another shot at the title.

2. Lawler coming off a title shot may be deflated after the loss and find it hard to get back on track after losing his momentum. Have we just seen the "Prime" lawler? and will he come back?

3. Ellenberger coming off a loss in a terrible fight with Rory that Dana and everyone gave him crap about will be keen to get back on track with an exciting and dominant performance. Ellenberger has never lost 2 in a row and I doubt he wants that to change.

There is probably a whole lot more but you get my point you can slice this anyway you like in regards to motivation. As I posted earlier I do like to fade fighters coming off a title loss so I am a little bias.

RE: Live betting - You may be onto something here. If you are a Live better it may be handy to go through the sherdog play by plays and see how many fights that Ellenberger was wining in the first round I would hazzard a guess that in most fights he won the first

MLB MAY 13TH - CUBS VS. CARDINALS

Yesterday the Chicago Cubs destroyed the St. Louis Cardinals 17-5, yet today the Cubs are still at +225 odds for the rematch.

Not only that, but the Over/Under is set @ 7, which is pretty low, especially considering yesterdays game had 22 runs in it.

bringbacklife... are you a bettor? or just talkin fights? because your logic is not sound, as the other guys are explaining.

no such thing as "100% brown", 2:1 (or better) on a "50/50" fight is a *steal*... if i came up to you and said "i'm gonna flip a coin. if it's heads, you owe me $100, but if it's tails, i'll give you $200, deal?" you'd say yes, wouldn't you?

i know there is no 100%, and yes i am. But to me , something im not sure on i wouldnt place a bet on..........it's not as simple as flipping a coin , i wouldnt say yes.

(won on brown, lost on larkin and cabral multi)

plus jake on his last fight didn't have that killer instinct who knows on this fight, lawler to some might seem like oh his got that KO power, but his very methodical in his stand up approach

Yesterday the Chicago Cubs destroyed the St. Louis Cardinals 17-5, yet today the Cubs are still at +225 odds for the rematch.

Not only that, but the Over/Under is set @ 7, which is pretty low, especially considering yesterdays game had 22 runs in it.

That was one game. The Cardinals had one of their worst pitchers pitching. 22 runs in a single game doesn't happen much at all. The Cardinals are a better team AND have their ace in Adam Wainright pitching tomorrow.

i know there is no 100%, and yes i am. But to me , something im not sure on i wouldnt place a bet on..........it's not as simple as flipping a coin , i wouldnt say yes.

plus jake on his last fight didn't have that killer instinct who knows on this fight, lawler to some might seem like oh his got that KO power, but his very methodical in his stand up approach

Finding value is pretty important though. I understand not wanting to flip a coin at EVEN odds. But if your flipping coins where each win is giving you +200, the chances are your going to profit.

Whether Lawler vs. Ellenberger is truly close to 50/50 I'm not sure.

That was one game. The Cardinals had one of their worst pitchers pitching. 22 runs in a single game doesn't happen much at all. The Cardinals are a better team AND have their ace in Adam Wainright pitching tomorrow.

Perfectly good point, but I am still feeling a game that will go over 7. The teams have played 7 times so far and 6 of them had a score of 9 or higher. Cubs just scored 6 against Wainright on May 2nd.

I don't expect 22 runs today, but I am feeling pretty good about some nice hits happening from one team or the other, so we'll see, I'll be laying down something.

I would cap myself around +150 against Tito and you guys should bet on me. But no really, Tito isn't beating anyone...

Nice to see the board so split with the burger/lawler fight :)

It will be close I just feel as long as jake does not respect and play it safe as he has shown he can dominate. First round he usually is very active and mixes in his strikes and wrestling and take downs well. 2nd round he does well but can start to fade also. R3 whoever has the cardio in this case robbie.

It maybe as suggested earlier a good idea to live bet. Where Jake fails is when people land technical and accurate striking and yes Robbie has this but its more of a brawling style compared to say Kampmanns, Jake should be able to take some shots here.

Perhaps to Live bet Robbie in r1/r2 or place a few live bets (considering brown fight) once Robbies odds are stupidly insane since he may come back stronger in end of r2 and dominate r3. My gut still tells me Jake survives end of R3, he tends to have that initial burst of cardio in the first 2-3 mins of each round.

I think for live betters we got to take a shot in r1 and EARLY r2 otherwise lines will cut off !

like reds said, that was just one game. neither team has that great of a lineup this season as the cardinals lost a lot of the power in their lineup so this O/U is just right IMO. also wainwright is one of the best pitchers in the NL and should be able to dominate this cubs lineup like he has in the past.

Lawler is going to end up being a square bet. I'm on Jake at current odds. I don't think this will be a fight where Jake's odds get better I think they'll drop to below +200 by fight day. Rory was a very difficult style matchup for Burger, heavy on jabs and staying at range. He didn't give Jake many opportunities to counter him. Robbie on the other hand will commit more to his strikes and I see them mixing it up and staying pretty even throughout. Hopefully Jake shoots a few times and gets Robby down, that would be ideal.

Henderson - http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/2...fast-turnaround-says-fighting-without-trt-not

- Shogun definitely hurt me -- I think he hurt me more in that first round than the second round
- I was wanting to kind of be patient at the beginning of the fight and kind of pick my shots and make sure I won every round. And you know, I started a little too slow
- That rung my bell quite a bit, so I’m just happy they let me keep fighting instead of stopping it a little too early when I was still moving and protecting myself.
- I try not to get hit and hurt like that, but I don’t think it was my best performance at all, but definitely one of the best endings I’ve had
- Henderson said he wasn’t expecting such a fast turnaround, but that the offer was simply too good to turn down.
- I was expecting to fight in July, but you know, just the way it happened for whatever reason they moved it up to May
- It’s the quickest road back to that title shot, and no matter who I fight to get that title shot I’m going to have to fight those top guys.
- And that’s what DC is, so I’m going to have to beat him anyway. Better while I’m still in shape than having to start all over and get in shape again.
- Obviously TRT was my concern, just I want to make sure I don’t test positive because they changed the rules and put me in a fight so quick
- But everything’s running on track as far as [that] and they’re happy with the test results, so here we go
- Henderson last competed without TRT against Rashad Evans at UFC 161 in Winnipeg, a fight he lost via a very narrow split decision.
- You know, it’s not a huge thing but it’s just I was taking advice from my doctors to be healthier and I felt better using the supplemental TRT they gave me, but it is what it is
- I can’t change the rules. Unfortunately it went down this way instead of conquering the whole problem of all the drug problems
- There are some things out there, but even some natural supplements are banned as well, so it’s a matter of finding something that has everything that’s legal rather than everything but one thing
- So I’m still looking into that. Obviously it was kind of a short turnaround, so it’s been kind of tough to figure that out right now.
- Obviously I was hoping to not fight him as well
- I respect him and know that he’s a wrestler and he represents the sport really well, and I’m a fan of his. So, it’s never somebody you want to beat up in that way. But we all have the same goals and sometimes you have to compete against each other
- Punching him and outwrestling him, It’s a simple thing with him. He’s got a style similar to me and he’s a tough guy, but I feel like I’ve got more experience.

5/13 BETS
MLB
Texas Rangers -1.5
Cubs vs. Cardinals Over 7
Chicago Cubs (small bet)

NBA
L.A Clippers +5.5

CRICKET
Chennai Super Kings WON - Thanks Goodfella

I put a tiny bet on Ellenberger at +240. If I was betting normal, he would be a regular size bet that I'd put on a favorite - meaning that I'd be betting him larger than I bet most underdogs. The line is extremely off IMO.

Unfortunately for the Ellenberger backers, I'm the new barrygood.

If I was playing Tito, I'd play him straight and maybe by decision for a smaller stake too. You didn't think Tito was going to submit Ryan Bader did you, lol?

i bet tito for 0.2u at like +450 right before the fight! so i totally knew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back