Official UFC 173 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same drill as always - post bets, discuss bets/matchups, and other sports in spoilers.

I'm on hiatus after a rough streak besides a couple tiny plays. Current plays and totals below.

Harris + Foster + Held/Jolly under 1.5: $2.50 to win $6.48 $9.08
Ellenberger: $2.50 to win $6
Volkov + Kongo: $2.50 to win $4.21 $6.71
Jardine/Roberts over 1.5 + King Mo +3.5 points handicap: $2.50 to win $4.31 $6.81

TOTALS FOR 2014: Initial Risk was $127.50 Running Total is $107.74 Running Profit/Loss = -$19.76 (Approximate ROI for year -1.43%)
TOTALS FOR 2013: Initial Risk was $232.50, Running total is $583.75 Running Profit = $351.25 (Approximate ROI for year: 9.34%)
TOTALS FOR 2012: Initial Risk was $275, Running Total is $1030.18 Running Profit = $755.18 (Approximate ROI for year: 15.56%)
TOTALS FOR 2011: Initial Risk was $44, Running Total $1271.39 Running Profit = $1227.39 (Approximate ROI for year: 27%)
TOTALS FOR 2010: Initial Risk was $29, Running Total $225.92 Running Profit = $196.92 (Approximate ROI for year: 13%)
GRAND TOTAL FOR 2010 THROUGH 2013: $29 into $2515.86 Total Profit = $2486.86 (Approximate ROI: 14.75%)

Last edited:
NRL/AFL. NBA for tomorrow

Parramatta u20 -10.5 loss
Parramatta -3.5 win
Carlton -18.5. Currently ongoing with Cameron winning by 29.

Nba tomorrow
Lebron O27.5
Duncan O15.5

Brooks-Chandler is set for the interim title so I guess this will be a 5 rounder

who has the better wrestling credentials, they have a similar style with a strong wrestling base and fast hands.
Im thinking that chandler will be unbettable but Brooks has been looking pretty good lately.

Tennis

Lauren Davis -3.5/Bouchard/V.willians parlay

Cormier is a short price but i would be shocked is he lost, Al Iaquinta should win again, my next biggish bet will be Machida at 2/1 against wiedman.

UFC 173 fight card:

Renan Barao vs. T.J. Dillashaw
Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson
Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Ellenberger
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Francisco Rivera
Jamie Varner vs. James Krause

Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
Chris Holdsworth vs. Chico Camus
Al Iaquinta vs. Mitch Clarke
Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
Sam Sicilia vs. Aaron Phillips
David Michaud vs. Jingliang Li

Brooks-Chandler is set for the interim title so I guess this will be a 5 rounder

who has the better wrestling credentials, they have a similar style with a strong wrestling base and fast hands.
Im thinking that chandler will be unbettable but Brooks has been looking pretty good lately.

yes i will place a very small bet on Brooks or Brooks by decision if its a 3 rounder

Last edited:
NBA

****Miami Heat -3****

Really like the Heat this evening. Nets had terrific shooting night on Saturday and quite frankly I think they caught the Heat off guard with their inspired play. I don't think that happens again, and I think Miami reminds the Nets who they are in a big way.

BOL EVERYBODY!

Tennis

Lauren Davis -3.5/Bouchard/V.willians parlay

Hindsight, but I didn't like the Davis bet, especially not in a parlay. Tough break with Bouchard. Getting owned by Schiavone on any surface is terrible.

Surprised not many people is talking about bellator

We're having odds for 12 fights this weekend, but most fighters is unknown to me. Think i only bet on Mo and Shlemenko + Chandler. Yamauchi at dog odds would be good.

http://www.bestfightodds.com/alerts

Kongo's opponet have fought only one time in the last four years?

UFC 173 Opening odds / Current odds

786_o.png
786.png

Looked right past this thread originally because of the new title. It's all your fault Oblivian!

Kinda think Ellenberger is the bet here..Classic title fight hangover for Lawler while this is chance for Ellenberger to bounce back. Need to look more into it but I lean Ellenberger for sure

Kinda think Ellenberger is the bet here..Classic title fight hangover for Lawler while this is chance for Ellenberger to bounce back. Need to look more into it but I lean Ellenberger for sure
I would like to think that too, but I'm still disgusted by that Macdonald fight in which he didn't do sh%t. Gets jabbed to death, doesn't try to do a single thing to try to switch it up (ie, takedowns, getting the fight against the fence, etc). We're in the last round and he's clearly en route to losing a decision, Rory throws a lazy kick, Ellenberger catches it and gets a free takedown. Does he go for broke and gnp? No, he spends the rest of the round resting in Rory's guard. Unbelievable.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine when it's a foregone conclusion you're going to lose on points and you've got like 1 minute left and aren't doing everything in your power to finish the fight. Especially when you got dynamite in your hands and turning it into a brawl would dramatically increase your chances of winning, or at least give you a coinflip chance of turning it around.

Might still make a play on Ellenberger, but I want better than the +200 he's currently sitting at. Sorry if that comes off as a bit self-entitled, I used to be pretty big on Ellenberger actually, but that last fight was just so frustrating to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back