• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank / ESPN PPV 5/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what I almost forgot about was the dirty fighter angle. All week Loma fans were so upset about that then he comes out and immediately starts fouling in the first round.

Andre Ward was implying that the crowd was racist because they were booing Haney following the decision. You couldn't find a more despicable commentary if you tried.

Where's Paulie Malignaggi when you need him!?!?

I'm not saying that this fight was a robbery, but "this decision wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other bad decisions" is a terrible argument.

Most people had a number of close rounds that could have gone either way on their cards...so I wouldn't even call it a "bad decision". It was a close fight, I had Lola winning, but 2-3 of those rounds could have gone to Haney based on what someone was looking for. It was decision that didn't go Loma's way but that happens in close fights.

Even though he won, Haney's stock went way down. I don't want to see Mayweather comparisons ever again. How do you let a guy that small walk you down and dictate the pace? Haney is lucky to be undisputed champion. He was in the right place at the right time. That's it.

And I can see how you'd score the fight for Haney, but it was still an embarrassing performance for him. People were expecting Haney to dominate, not win a close fight that could have gone either way.

Most people had a number of close rounds that could have gone either way on their cards...so I wouldn't even call it a "bad decision". It was a close fight, I had Lola winning, but 2-3 of those rounds could have gone to Haney based on what someone was looking for. It was decision that didn't go Loma's way but that happens in close fights.
A voice of reason in a sea of butthurt fans.

I've been following the sport for 18 years. Longer than I've followed MMA. I'm perfectly aware of how scoring works. Get tf over yourself.

The point just keeps going right over your head. If you have 6 highly competitive, toss-up, even rounds, then you would expect those rounds to be split. Even if its not an even 3-3 split, they would still be split. But if you have 6 razor thin, even rounds, and you give them ALL to one guy, there is obvious bias/corruption/external factors at play.
Been following way longer than 18 years....

No, you don't expect them to be split at all. You keep proving you have no idea what the heck you are talking about. Or what a swing round really means.
You judge them based on what you subjectively saw. Not some random probability theory of the totality of the rounds that has NOTHING to do with what actually physically happened in the ring.

If a majority of the close rounds actually go to one fighter it actually shows consistency with the judging. Means the judge is seeing one guy subjectively do or land something consistently to steal or edge out the round. Which happens all the time & makes perfect sense. That makes more sense than just randomly picking and alternating who you thought won the close rounds without using ANY boxing scoring criteria in your argument or decision.

The only external factors at play are pitiful people who cant accept that scoring is subjective, that they are not an expert, & that a boxing fight scores are not a direct indication of how close acompetitive fights with swing rounds really were.

There is no solid point or argument if your whole defense is based on splitting close rounds "just because" & unsupported conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
I've been following the sport for 18 years. Longer than I've followed MMA. I'm perfectly aware of how scoring works. Get tf over yourself.

The point just keeps going right over your head. If you have 6 highly competitive, toss-up, even rounds, then you would expect those rounds to be split. Even if its not an even 3-3 split, they would still be split. But if you have 6 razor thin, even rounds, and you give them ALL to one guy, there is obvious bias/corruption/external factors at play.
Different judges score different things. Some judges like the guy that landed the biggest punch, some judges like the guy who controlled the round. Its perfectly reasonable for a judge to give all close rounds to one guy if he appreciates his work more. Its rare but I've seen split decisions with wide scores that both seemed reasonable.
Last nights fight could have gone either way. Loma did better than expected and I think a lot of fans are giving him bonus points for it.

Haneys stock only goes down to the few people that thought loma had no chance.

This was a razor close fight.
Haney fought on about even terms.
Haney showed the he was probably just as good as loma is now.

you can’t “expect” anything. those rounds were close by your estimation, via your personal scoring criteria. judges are also not all created equal. i thought it was quite obvious that haney scored more with big power punches to the body, and what do you know? the judges agreed.

I
Loma fans have said I hate him because of his race for years, even though I'm white.
Yea I think it was odd that he kinda tried to shoot the narrative that way. It's always been the style of boxers that most fans I know judge by. I'm sure there is some racism in it but I don't think i see that type of disdain towards Ennis or Spence like I do with Haney or even Mayweather.

I thought Loma won, but it's boxing, so I am long long past thinking I'll get an honest decision. I just try to enjoy the fights to see the talent and if it's a KO / TKO taking the judges out of it, I'm far more satisfied. Going to the judges in boxing just means you're rolling the dice. Nice fight by both men.

Sorry bro feel like a dickhead for posting it cause it's a bad moment
giphy.gif

I thought Loma won, but it's boxing, so I am long long past thinking I'll get an honest decision. I just try to enjoy the fights to see the talent and if it's a KO / TKO taking the judges out of it, I'm far more satisfied. Going to the judges in boxing just means you're rolling the dice. Nice fight by both men.
Out of curiosity, what do you think the angle would be for robbing Loma to give Haney an undeserved win? Loma is the guy with a story. Loma is the guy with the fanbase.

Okay, I rewatched the fight.

It was close with a bunch of swing rounds.

Not a robbery.

A lot of the Loma flurries that people were losing their minds over were not effective at all.

Haney was actually getting rabbit punched when Loma switched angles.

Outside of the fouls, which got big reactions from Haney, almost none of these shots landed.

I wouldn't care about either guy winning 7-5, but this ain't a Pacquiao/Bradley redux.

Also, people are angry about Moretti giving Haney the 10, but I think that him giving Loma the 2nd and 6th isn't great either. His entire scorecard was shit.

The guy is more senile than he is corrupt or biased.

Good fight. Didn't score it. I'm gonna have to re-watch to score, but this didn't scream robbery to me. Close fight Haney was slamming good shots into his body throughout the fight. Still didn't have enough pop to discourage Lomachenko from pushing the pace later in the fight

you can’t “expect” anything. those rounds were close by your estimation, via your personal scoring criteria. judges are also not all created equal. i thought it was quite obvious that haney scored more with big power punches to the body, and what do you know? the judges agreed.
"Scored more" really? Because Loma officially landed more punches. So wtf are you talking about?
"Big power punches " oh yeah! I remember when Loma was hurt bad from big power shots.

Oh wait...no. that was Haney getting rocked multiple times in multiple rounds. Loma was never hurt once.

"Scored more" yeah verifiably wrong
"Landed more power shots" again verifiable wrong.

0 for 2. Got anything else to throw out?

"Scored more" really? Because Loma officially landed more punches. So wtf are you talking about?
guy who’s been “following the sport for 18 years” thinks all punches are counted 1-by-1 and equally. you’re right there’s no difference between a love tap on the lips and a wound-up haymaker to the belly. they are scored equally. right.

guy who’s been “following the sport for 18 years” thinks all punches are counted 1-by-1 and equally. you’re right there’s no difference between a love tap on the lips and a wound-up haymaker to the belly. they are scored equally. right.
This is just a really strange line of reasoning that you're pushing when the only fighter that was hurt or wobbled in this fight was Haney, and it happened multiple times. Did you pass out the last 4 rounds? Why would you be pushing the power punches narrative when Haney got wobbled and put on skates multiple times and Loma was never hurt? Very weird.

All of haneys punches aren't much more powwrful than arm punches because of his poor punching structure. That's why he's so fast - he learnt early on bad habit to sacrifice powerr for speed. He doesn't wind up much for hardly any punches including his body shots. That's why lomachenko barely noticed them.

Also haney got his head snapped back on multiple occasions - those wre not lpve taps...

You know what I almost forgot about was the dirty fighter angle. All week Loma fans were so upset about that then he comes out and immediately starts fouling in the first round.

What fouls are u talking about

Back