RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank / ESPN PPV 5/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
FsVmuIrXwAI59tM.0.jpg

Devin Haney makes the second defence of his undisputed lightweight title against Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Devin Haney became undisputed champion in 2022 with a routine win against George Kambosos. Now he faces a tougher test to keep his belts.

The Las Vegas native is back in action this week and he makes another defence of his world crown against the brilliant Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Here's everything you need to know about Haney vs. Lomachenko.

WHEN IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO? DATE, START TIME
  • Date: Saturday, May 20
  • Start time: 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST
  • Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST
The main card is set to get underway at 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST with the main event ringwalks scheduled for 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.

WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO?
Viewers in the U.S. will be able purchase the fight on ESPN+ PPV (click here for more information). Sky Sports will broadcast the fight in the UK.

WHERE IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO?
The fight will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

DEVIN HANEY RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: American
  • Date of birth: November 17, 1998
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Reach: 71"
  • Total fights: 29
  • Record: 29-0 (15 KOs)
VASILIY LOMACHENKO RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: Ukrainian
  • Date of birth: February 17, 1988
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Reach: 65.5"
  • Total fights: 19
  • Record: 17-2 (11 KOs)
HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO CARD
  • Devin Haney vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko; For Haney's IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO world lightweight titles
  • Juno Nakatani vs. Andrew Maloney; For the vacant WBO world super flyweight title
  • Raymond Muratalla vs. Jeremia Nakathila; Lightweight
  • Oscar Valdez vs. Adam Lopez; Super featherweight
  • Floyd Diaz vs. Luis Saavedra; Super bantamweight
  • Nico Ali Walsh vs. Danny Rosenberger; Middleweight
  • Abdullah Mason vs. Desmond Lyons; Lightweight
  • Amari Jones vs. Pachino Hill; Middleweight
  • Emiliano Vargas vs. Rafael Jasso; Lightweight
DAZN
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...el-and-live-stream/1w8pj4ublcvnu17gvx2gvr87t2

haney-lomachenko.jpg

unnamed-4-e1680236543641.jpg

Theme

Last edited:
FsVmuIrXwAI59tM.0.jpg

Devin Haney makes the second defence of his undisputed lightweight title against Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Devin Haney became undisputed champion in 2022 with a routine win against George Kambosos. Now he faces a tougher test to keep his belts.

The Las Vegas native is back in action this week and he makes another defence of his world crown against the brilliant Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Here's everything you need to know about Haney vs. Lomachenko.

WHEN IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO? DATE, START TIME
  • Date: Saturday, May 20
  • Start time: 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST
  • Main event ringwalks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST
The main card is set to get underway at 8 p.m. ET / 1 a.m. BST with the main event ringwalks scheduled for 11 p.m. ET / 4 a.m. BST. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.

WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO?
Viewers in the U.S. will be able purchase the fight on ESPN+ PPV (click here for more information). Sky Sports will broadcast the fight in the UK.

WHERE IS HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO?
The fight will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

DEVIN HANEY RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: American
  • Date of birth: November 17, 1998
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Reach: 71"
  • Total fights: 29
  • Record: 29-0 (15 KOs)
VASILIY LOMACHENKO RECORD AND BIO
  • Nationality: Ukrainian
  • Date of birth: February 17, 1988
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Reach: 65.5"
  • Total fights: 19
  • Record: 17-2 (11 KOs)
HANEY VS. LOMACHENKO CARD
  • Devin Haney vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko; For Haney's IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO world lightweight titles
  • Juno Nakatani vs. Andrew Maloney; For the vacant WBO world super flyweight title
  • Raymond Muratalla vs. Jeremia Nakathila; Lightweight
  • Oscar Valdez vs. Adam Lopez; Super featherweight
  • Floyd Diaz vs. Luis Saavedra; Super bantamweight
  • Nico Ali Walsh vs. Danny Rosenberger; Middleweight
  • Abdullah Mason vs. Desmond Lyons; Lightweight
  • Amari Jones vs. Pachino Hill; Middleweight
  • Emiliano Vargas vs. Rafael Jasso; Lightweight
DAZN
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...el-and-live-stream/1w8pj4ublcvnu17gvx2gvr87t2

haney-lomachenko.jpg

unnamed-4-e1680236543641.jpg

Theme

"Mama said coast your way to a boring decision win"

Brake line fucking ruptured, guess I’m sitting this expense out, can’t justify spending money on a possible stinker
Can't blame you. I'm not going to be buying it either. It's really not a fight that I feel is PPV worthy.

Can't blame you. I'm not going to be buying it either. It's really not a fight that I feel is PPV worthy.
It just doesn’t have the shine it could have years ago. What I do like is if Loma looks like classic Loma even a little bit and wins it will actually be fucking amazing and make a lot of fans really happy, so can always cross our fingers for that. But yeah, I can live with an alternative viewing experience, likely the replay the next morning haha

Why not? This is definitely going to be more interesting than the garcia and Davis fight...
Or it'll be a stinker with Haney winning a boring but clear UD. Haney isn't a PPV fighter and neither is Lomachenko though Loma's done some fantastic television viewership #'s in the past.

Or it'll be a stinker with Haney winning a boring but clear UD. Haney isn't a PPV fighter and neither is Lomachenko though Loma's done some fantastic television viewership #'s in the past.

However the fight turns out it should be a fascinating tactical duel that will be of rhe greatest interest to any fight fan.

However the fight turns out it should be a fascinating tactical duel that will be of rhe greatest interest to any fight fan.
It should be interesting tactically but that isn't necessarily enough for people to buy this fight. I'm not even sure what they're charging but it's bold to put it on their PPV platform. With Haney fighting the way he usually does, and Loma being up there in age at 35 years old and not looking good in his last fight, I don't see this one selling well (hopefully I'm wrong). Making it PPV was a risky business move that could actually hurt both of their drawing power going forward.

I actually don't expect it to be boring. Vs Teo, Loma was tentative because of the bigger man's big power. Haney isn't a power puncher, and so I expect much more aggression from Loma. I think he's too clever and skilled to get jabbed and smothered to death.

Last chance saloon for Loma should make this interesting

I actually don't expect it to be boring. Vs Teo, Loma was tentative because of the bigger man's big power. Haney isn't a power puncher, and so I expect much more aggression from Loma. I think he's too clever and skilled to get jabbed and smothered to death.
He's got decent timing though, and I think that gave him more problems vs Lopez than the power did.

it is interesting because they both are pretty flawed.

Loma is excellent if he is dictating the pace but has a lot of trouble off the back foot and when pressured. Can't really adjust at all

Haney has good fundamentals but really no instincts as far as finishing or even really upping the pace or pressure or anything to finish his opponents. It's pretty offensive to watch a lot of times tbh just how pedestrian he looks.

so it'll be interesting enough i think no matter who wins

Picking Haney by Dec …. Not paying $60 for this PPV … to be honest not hyped for this …

Last edited:
Loma derails Haney

Back