• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank / ESPN PPV 5/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just a really strange line of reasoning that you're pushing when the only fighter that was hurt or wobbled in this fight was Haney, and it happened multiple times. Did you pass out the last 4 rounds? Why would you be pushing the power punches narrative when Haney got wobbled and put on skates multiple times and Loma was never hurt? Very weird.
haney got wobbled once in round 11. that’s one round out of 12

All of haneys punches aren't much more powwrful than arm punches because of his poor punching structure. That's why he's so fast - he learnt early on bad habit to sacrifice powerr for speed. He doesn't wind up much for hardly any punches including his body shots. That's why lomachenko barely noticed them.
right, loma slowed noticeably after 5 rounds because the body shots WEREN’T effective. gotcha.

Out of curiosity, what do you think the angle would be for robbing Loma to give Haney an undeserved win? Loma is the guy with a story. Loma is the guy with the fanbase.
To build up the new champion who is only 24. The four Kings is hugely marketable and makes the lw division the most exciting in boxing. A big part of that is the 4 Kings are young, and talk smack and draw lots of eyes to the sport. Lomachenko is on his way out to retirrment. There's no upside in him in winning but a lot in putting his name on the belt of one of those so called Kings.

Reactions: Ruv
right, loma slowed noticeably after 5 rounds because the body shots WEREN’T effective. gotcha.

If lomachenko was being hurt by rhe body shots his core would be so compromised he would be unable to do his customary late fight surge which he did do again in this fight. Lomachenko tends to slow down in mid fight also in his fights sans the body shots.

If lomachenko was being hurt by rhe body shots his core would be so compromised he would be unable to do his customary late fight surge which he did do again in this fight. Lomachenko tends to slow down in mid fight also in his fights sans the body shots.
loma came on stronger in the middle rounds against teofimo and ortiz. you’re literally just making shit up lol

loma came on stronger in the middle rounds against teofimo and ortiz. you’re literally just making shit up lol

He did slow down as he fatigued against ortiz before catching his second wind. I notice u didn't reply to my main point that if he was hurt by body punches then he wouldn't have won most of the championship rounds late in the fight. I will take that u concede it then.

Bro after this post I'm convinced you shifted in from another dimension where a completely different fight took place.

LOMA was the one that noticeably slowed down?!? Lol whatttttt???? Loma picked UP the pace later in the fight and Haney was noticeably slower, the commentary was talking about it. What in the world are these takes???

Bro after this post I'm convinced you shifted in from another dimension where a completely different fight took place.

LOMA was the one that noticeably slowed down?!? Lol whatttttt???? Loma picked UP the pace later in the fight and Haney was noticeably slower, the commentary was talking about it. What in the world are these takes???
read the play-by-play thread. i’m far from the only person who noticed.

He did slow down as he fatigued against ortiz before catching his second wind. I notice u didn't reply to my main point that if he was hurt by body punches then he wouldn't have won most of the championship rounds late in the fight. I will take that u concede it then.
except that’s not true. because one guy is slowed down from body punches doesn’t mean the other guy can’t slow down too and lose rounds.

except that’s not true. because one guy is slowed down from body punches doesn’t mean the other guy can’t slow down too and lose rounds.
If u r hurt from body punches it means your core is unable to sustain throwing the punches and flurries that loamchrnko executed without any issues and at great speed late in the fight.

Haneys stock only goes down to the few people that thought loma had no chance.

This was a razor close fight.
Haney fought on about even terms.
Haney showed the he was probably just as good as loma is now.

I didn't think Loma had no chance, but I thought Haney would win a comfortable decision and certainly didn't think Loma would be whooping his ass in rounds 10 and 11.

Haney's stock def went down a little. He was talking about being P4P number one and this fight convinced just about everyone that there are at least two better fighters in his division.

If u r hurt from body punches it means your core is unable to sustain throwing the punches and flurries that loamchrnko executed without any issues and at great speed late in the fight.
loma’s speed and his legs waned considerably late in the fight. that’s why he couldn’t cut off the ring in the 11th to finish haney when he was wobbled or the 12th when haney was playing matador and outclassing him. regardless, even if you had reason to feel that body shots had no effect on loma throughout the fight despite thudding impact, how can you argue loma’s headshots were effective in any round but the 11th?

loma’s speed and his legs waned considerably late in the fight. that’s why he couldn’t cut off the ring in the 11th to finish haney when he was wobbled or the 12th when haney was playing matador and outclassing him. regardless, even if you had reason to feel that body shots had no effect on loma throughout the fight despite thudding impact, how can you argue loma’s headshots were effective in any round but the 11th?

U have to give haney enough credit on his defensive footwork and for lomachenko not to make a mistake of rushing in and then getting countered. The fsct that lomachenko had enough in his gas tank to batter haney in the 10th and 11th rounds shows that the body shots throughout the whole fight hadn't affected his punching ability. If his punching ability isn't affected, then how in tbe world can his movement he affected as the former requires more of the core than the latter.

As for how badly did the punches affect haney, the damage is cumulative and affected him enough that he was crying out to his father in his corner "he sees everything!" Also getting hit in the head will cause trauma to one's brain that adds up so it is only later in life that it will manifest.

Thatwas wrong and could have hurt him badly so the person who did that needs to be prosecuted. However rather than blame loma fans, let's not forget that most people thought haney would win before the fight. This reaction and the loud booing that greeted the announcement of haney winning shows the consensus in the crowd - in his own hometown - who watched the fight and thought rhat he lost and that lomachenko was robbed.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what do you think the angle would be for robbing Loma to give Haney an undeserved win? Loma is the guy with a story. Loma is the guy with the fanbase.

Maybe Loma is fading in age and they need new superstars for the sport? I gave up on figuring out why boxing judges and refs do what they do long ago. I don't care about who wins boxing matches anymore, I just tune in to watch the skill of it all. They are all exhibitions to me. I used to be a huge fan, but events like Chavez vs. Taylor happened and then more like it kept happening and I decided not to put my fanbase on any side. I love watching Loma, Canelo, and even Haney. Those guys are next level amazing.

Maybe Loma is fading in age and they need new superstars for the sport? I gave up on figuring out why boxing judges and refs do what they do long ago. I don't care about who wins boxing matches anymore, I just tune in to watch the skill of it all. They are all exhibitions to me. I used to be a huge fan, but events like Chavez vs. Taylor happened and then more like it kept happening and I decided not to put my fanbase on any side. I love watching Loma, Canelo, and even Haney. Those guys are next level amazing.

Yes lomachenko wouldn't have too many more fights in him at the top level at 35 so commercially pushing the 11 year younger champion who talks smack to attract the casuals makes more sense especially with 3other young boxing stars to pit him against.

A lot of bias in this thread.

As per usual, guys splurging paragraphs about how the gut they like better won (it's clear who most of you wanted to win, even before the fight).

At the end of the day, this fight doesn't matter all that much, because Haney isn't the best in the world at his weight class, and Loma is the past of his division, he's not the future.

I think Loma should take one or two more big fights though, he still can perform at the elite level, and he has an interesting style, he might as well put it on show. He's not winning any belts of consequence though..

Back