No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

1/2 hold em.

Had grinded 300 up to about 550.

Straddle to 4. Couple of limpers. Gets to me on the button. Jc 10c. I raise to 24. Straddle calls. Everyone else folds.

Qc 7c 6c. Villain checks. I bet 55. He calls.

4h. Villain checks. I bet 120. He calls.

2s. Villain checks. At this point I'm putting on something pretty decent. Ac Qx, maybe even a set or weird 2 pair, so put him to the test and go all in for another 350.

He tanks for a legit 3 minutes....I'm praying for a call......finally I get my wish, and triumphantly show him the winner.......until he sheepishly turns over Kc 8c.

Love it.

1/2 hold em.

Straddle to 4. Couple of limpers. Gets to me on the button. Jc 10c. I raise to 24. Straddle calls. Everyone else folds.

2s. Villain checks. At this point I'm putting on something pretty decent. Ac Qx, maybe even a set or weird 2 pair, so put him to the test and go all in for another 350.

He tanks for a legit 3 minutes....I'm praying for a call......finally I get my wish, and triumphantly show him the winner.......until he sheepishly turns over Kc 8c.

Love it.

How did it run out?

Wow that’s fucked up

Tbf, the guy is normally one of the better players there. No idea what he was doing pre flop, but heh ho.

As he said afterward, his read was I wasn’t bluffing, which was true……and it was about a 550bb pot.

At the same time it’s a call 99% of the time on river. If I had ace high flush you just shrug and move on.

Tbf, the guy is normally one of the better players there. No idea what he was doing pre flop, but heh ho.

As he said afterward, his read was I wasn’t bluffing, which was true……and it was about a 550bb pot.

At the same time it’s a call 99% of the time on river. If I had ace high flush you just shrug and move on.
If he was a better player that’s a slow roll for sure

with the $4 straddle it’s reduces his stack to about 125bb

the fact he didn’t check raise you on the turn and just played scared the whole way is hilarious (I mean not hilarious for you obviously lol)

1/2 hold em.

Love it.
Yeah I would have been a bit pissed off at the slow roll. From his pov I can see not trying to scare you off once you're betting on the flop and turn but that river is hilarious and he got the max out of it by luck and accident. Unless I have some ultra read I'm never checking.

2/2 hold em. Starting stack 350. Pretty early in the session.

I'm in BB with Ad 10d.

UTG makes it 6. Cut off and button both call. I call too.

Flop: Ac 4d 7d. I check (looking to check raise, but it checks around).

Turn: Jc. Same as before, I check. Checks around to button, who bets 20. I raise to 55. UTG then quickly ships all in for around 280, total. Folds around to me.

225 more to call, with 380 already in the middle.....what do you do?

I'm in BB with Ad 10d.

Turn: Jc. Same as before, I check. Checks around to button, who bets 20. I raise to 55. UTG then quickly ships all in for around 280, total. Folds around to me.

Looks like a fold, he could have pocket jacks with the way he played it. Maybe slow played Aces. You’re drawing to 9 outs. The only hands you can hope for would be a KQc type of hand. I wouldn’t have checked raised the turn tho.

I'm in BB with Ad 10d.

You're most likely up against a set and this doesn't look like a bluff. I say fold. Now you'll probably tell me you called and the guy had air lol

Looks like a fold, he could have pocket jacks with the way he played it. Maybe slow played Aces. You’re drawing to 9 outs. The only hands you can hope for would be a KQc type of hand. I wouldn’t have checked raised the turn tho.
It's not an unreasonable thought. UTG making a 3x raise at the start of the hand. That shit is normal on online poker.

It's not an unreasonable thought. UTG making a 3x raise at the start of the hand. That shit is normal on online poker.

Check raise on the turn is obviously fine. If anything should have gone bigger, I think. At that point the villain wasn't really the big concern. Very unusual to check a big made hand on the flop and turn.

Remember thinking I should fold, but the devil on my shoulder told me to call......fair to say it's a bad spot to be in. Was pretty sure I was going to be behind, but there was plenty of semi bluffs, too. He showed 4 4.

Oddly played hand all round. Don't like his play, really.

I normally run it once, but he really wanted to run it twice so I accommodated him......worked out for me as I lost the first, won the second.

The Hustler livestream has been awesome lately, Nik Airball and Price Charles are great to watch. Rampage has been on it lately.

Here's Nik Airball ripping Garrett to pieces in Doug Polks podcast. FYI Polk has the best poker pod in my very sincere opinion.

Last edited:
The Hustler livestream has been awesome lately, Nik Airball and Price Charles are great to watch. Rampage has been on it lately.

Here's Nik Airball ripping Garrett to pieces in Doug Polks podcast. FYI Polk has the best poker pod in my very sincere opinion.

https://youtube.com/live/WTFM_dEj_XU?feature=share
Mariano has been killing it on there

had a 700k pot with Aces vs Kings vs Kings

When the fuck will they legalize online poker again? I mean you can bet on any sporting event in the world... Any stock option, etc but we can't play poker?

When the fuck will they legalize online poker again? I mean you can bet on any sporting event in the world... Any stock option, etc but we can't play poker?
Las Vegas lobbyists prob won’t make that happen anytime soon, at least until they can monetize it without cannibalizing their live gaming revenue

Why are my YouTube embeds not working?

I don't get it. Last I tried to embed a video I just added the link into my post and it embedded just fine...

Am sad...

Back