Music/MMA/other good stuff

Always almost a bridesmaid.

"in mma the best fight the best" LOL. Cerone was another hand picked bum.

I could of missed that. Not a contest at all. Cerrone happy to lose per usual.

That was quick work. Cerrone isn't a contender anymore but that was pretty impressive. I wonder where he got the shoulder bump idea from? Could be.

Conor McGregor's popularity is a bit of a mystery. He's been exposed a bunch of times and has the personality of a yellow toenail. Why do people like this guy so much?

Most people are shallow thinkers and insecure sheep really, and, especially in western culture, have this fucking weird obsession with fame and celebrity. Shit, your own country voted in someone as president in large part due to the simple fact that he was famous.

Psychic Sharkey knew the result of this 3+ years ago back when Cowboy wasn't quite a corpse yet;

Cerrone is about the easiest matchup for McGregor at 155. Out of the top of the division guys anyways.

Sure, it would probably be fun, I guess. If you want McGregor to wreck somebody. But Cerrone is a slow starter with little head movement. He's also shown himself quite susceptible to straight left hands as seen versus Nate, as well as any type kicking focused body attack like McGregor could offer up. It's basically a mismatch, although it would do good business.

Looked like McGregor landed a number of hard punches to the back of the head, but whatever, I don’t really care.

Cerrone got destroyed in June last yr by Ferguson and violently koed by gaethe in September but I still had casual fightfan mates trying to tell me he was a real chance cause they watched the ufc countdown. Got to give it to dana he knows how to dupe the masses. Even if he gives zero fucks for fighters careers/welfare. Seems like only a few of them have managers which I find weird

The combination of the sounds he makes and how he kinda shakes when he is trying to get the hook through his cheek is legit painful as fuck to watch for me

I haven't clicked the link and haven't seen that bit in probably at least 10 years and don't plan on seeing it again....it's just one of those things

I can sit there and watch them paper cut the webbing between fingers but for some reason that fucking fish hook scene is seered into my brain
Did you ever watch the UK guys dirty sanchez? I always found them amusing. I watched a short doco on Bam Margera recently. Poor guy is seriously struggling with alcohol and substance abuse. Keeps failing at rehab

I am similar in taste, extreme metal has to be perfect or damn near, I can't take the cookie cutter clones. Morbid Angel, Angelcorpse, early Dark Funeral, Dissection, pretty much the bands who started in or caused a wave, no need for me to list 200 bands, but you get where this would go lol. I actually like heavy metal the best and even some glam as I get older, oddly enough I even became a fan of 80/90s/modern pop along the way, but metal will always hold a place in my heart and really is the meat and potatoes of my drumming.

Funny you should mention writing a song about hating Chicago and the scene, my guy actually has lyrical content of that already under his belt. He resented the thrash revival because he felt many bands missed the point, or were hopping on bandwagon. Track called Wardogs off that EP I mentioned of Deadnight, they specifically slam the band Skeletonwitch haha...

Yeah, I actually want to retract what I said about getting "details" to you about any future releases, details schmetails, I've been posting on this forum with ya for a decade, if I got a release I'll just ask ya for an address and mail ya a copy.

In June I'll attend this big festival in France with basically every kind of metal bands. As far as extreme stuff goes I'll probably give Obituary a shot, for their historical significance, but there will be some intense competition from other genres. They'll have a great lineup in crossover thrash and rap metal (Suicidal tendences with Lombardo, Powerflo, Body count), funk metal (Faith no more, Infectious grooves), nu metal (SOD, Korn) and cool basics (Judas Priest, Sepultura, Airbourne). Great place for my 45 yrs old ass to act like a teenager for 3 days with a few high school buddies lol

Speaking of extreme metal I really got into Celtic Frost lately, To mega therion is a gem. These guys were influencial. I'm cool with glam as long as it packs a welcome punch. I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake live last year, but a few weeks ago I was truly shaken when I listened to Wan Halen's FUCK for the first time in years. There's quite some muscle and passion in this one, even if critics despised it back in the days.

Your buddy doesn't sound like he's into compromising lol Well, I'd be glad to listen to your stuff (and I can pay for the long distance mail).

"in mma the best fight the best" LOL. Cerone was another hand picked bum.

That guy lost vs a guy who throwed a sloppy telegraphed lunge punch vs a Wrestler.

Wilder beat a legit skilled guy, but most here said:" hes 150 years old and not that good"

Cowboy looks even older, is overrated as fuck and took way more dmg (fight was prob. fixed) ... = Conor 2.0 is back etc.

People were already decreeing Wonderboy to be an elite striker on sherdog simpl for KOing a super old bjj guy.

Combat sport fans are weird ...

Last edited:
Conor McGregor's popularity is a bit of a mystery. He's been exposed a bunch of times and has the personality of a yellow toenail. Why do people like this guy so much?

He’s generally disliked nowadays, he makes more money from his haters tbh. Fckin weird buying a ppv in the hope that you see a guy you hate lose! But I guarantee a big % of those that bought the card, did so for that reason

UFC is good at promoting fights + watch the first 70 seconds

Back