muscle milk

RTD=ready to drink. yea nizzle, mm is like a whole meal. cookies n creme is my favorite.

Man i just bought Muscle Milk Mocha and it is the best flavor by far IMOP.

Not only does it taste like a frappacino it also contains caffein to help with the fat burning!

Gsoares2 said:
Man i just bought Muscle Milk Mocha and it is the best flavor by far IMOP.

Not only does it taste like a frappacino it also contains caffein to help with the fat burning!

frappacino? fuck, nasty. only coffee i like is black, no sugar.

Brand Nizzle said:
Alright guys, I took you advice and I just went out and bought my first case of MM today. I got cookies and cream. I just poured it in my cup like 1 minute ago. It tastes fucking great, besides that there is a chemically after taste. It's still all good though. There are so many calories in this though, is it a gainer? I hope not. It is like a whole freakin meal. Anyways, it is delicious.
No. Muscle Milk is not a gainer if you treat it as a meal. I wouldn't suggest snacking on it or anything though.
I personally just picked up Chocolate Carmel Pecan. It is good, but Cookies n Cream still beats it. Oh, and I think the chemical aftertaste is just the Casein coating your mouth.

finnegan said:
No. Muscle Milk is not a gainer if you treat it as a meal. I wouldn't suggest snacking on it or anything though.
I personally just picked up Chocolate Carmel Pecan. It is good, but Cookies n Cream still beats it. Oh, and I think the chemical aftertaste is just the Casein coating your mouth.

Thnx

Brand Nizzle said:
Eff muscle milk! Who cares what their supplements taste like, now a days I don't eat much of anything anymore for the taste, only for its nutritional value

You eat Vegemite too?

i ve gone through a few tubs of the cookies n creme, so i'm hesitant to switch flavors. i'm considering the mint chocolate chip, though...anyone tried it?

also, what do you guys think about the doses before bedtime? i know it's recommended, but i've read elsewhere that it doesn't help much/at all. i'm not getting workouts done until 8 anyways, so taking a couple scoops after the workout and a scoop ot two before going to bed seems like too little time in between. and would taking a scoop in the morning...which is about 8 hrs before i work out...be a benefit or completely useless?

I just got the Chocolate Mint and Cookies n' Creme Cytogainers. I'll compare the CNC flavor to the Muscle Milk version.

yes, cookies n creme and choc mint are great. unfortunately for me, i am not gonna be using MM for a while because of the fact that theres so many calories...

Does anyone know if you can mix the MM powder in the morning and drink it later in the day? Or will it turn to pudding or a thick paste like I have seen some powders do after a few hours or will all the protein and stuff in it breakdown and not be as effective as drinking it right after mixing?

Nimrod321 said:
Does anyone know if you can mix the MM powder in the morning and drink it later in the day? Or will it turn to pudding or a thick paste like I have seen some powders do after a few hours or will all the protein and stuff in it breakdown and not be as effective as drinking it right after mixing?

I don't know concretely the answer to your question (off the top of my head, I would say no, but I'm not certain), but generally it's a good idea to drink the stuff right after you mix it. If you're on the go, buy a shaker cup. There's really no reason to mix it hours before you drink it.

Old Glory said:
also, what do you guys think about the doses before bedtime? i know it's recommended, but i've read elsewhere that it doesn't help much/at all. i'm not getting workouts done until 8 anyways, so taking a couple scoops after the workout and a scoop ot two before going to bed seems like too little time in between. and would taking a scoop in the morning...which is about 8 hrs before i work out...be a benefit or completely useless?

From what I've read, MuscleMilk is most effective before bed as sleep is the time when the body is in a catabolic state (casein supposedly being anti-catabolic).

Also, MM is not necessarily ideal post-workout. Post-workout, you want a protein that is fast absorbing, consisting mainly of whey to take advantage of the anabolic state.

I would not take MM for breakfast, upon waking your body is in dire need of nutrients (whey being better for this as it's faster absorbing).

MM is too expensive to be taking 3 servings/day IMO. When I was taking it, I usually took it before bed & sometimes during the day, but not post-workout & breakfast.

Madmick said:
I just got the Chocolate Mint and Cookies n' Creme Cytogainers. I'll compare the CNC flavor to the Muscle Milk version.

Wow. The Muscle Milk version can't even be compared to the Cytogainer version. The former is on a different level. I have to say, I didn't even really enjoy the Cytogainer that much mixed with the skim milk, and that stuff is like liquid crack with MM.

This surprised me, since so many of the contents are the same.

We'll see what the story is with the Chocolate Mint Chip. I may recommend that for any Cytogainer purchasers.

Nimrod321 said:

it will thicken, but just ahke it up a little bit and it will be fine. i wouldnt use milk though, i think it would spoil.

Tkdmmafighter said:
it will thicken, but just ahke it up a little bit and it will be fine. i wouldnt use milk though, i think it would spoil.

doesn't muscle milk contain creatine? u need to drink that immediately or else it'll turn to creatinine and become toxic..

supersudo said:
doesn't muscle milk contain creatine? u need to drink that immediately or else it'll turn to creatinine and become toxic..
I think it is supposed to help with creatine output.

I don't think its a creatine supplement. Or is it?

supersudo said:

no. nitro tech has creatine in it though.

HP_Nut said:
From what I've read, MuscleMilk is most effective before bed as sleep is the time when the body is in a catabolic state (casein supposedly being anti-catabolic).

Also, MM is not necessarily ideal post-workout. Post-workout, you want a protein that is fast absorbing, consisting mainly of whey to take advantage of the anabolic state.

I would not take MM for breakfast, upon waking your body is in dire need of nutrients (whey being better for this as it's faster absorbing).

MM is too expensive to be taking 3 servings/day IMO. When I was taking it, I usually took it before bed & sometimes during the day, but not post-workout & breakfast.

That's mostly true. For weight gain, I think it would be okay to take it at night, but not for cutting (I'm not a huge fan of MCT's for weight loss, anyway).

As for post-workout, I'm also a believer in carbs, because I don't believe that MCT's cause an insulin flux. However, they are burned for energy rather than stored as fat, and there is some evidence that suggests they increase your metabolism.

It's tricky, but the one time of day I am sure to take it is in the morning.

HP_Nut said:

Madmick said:
That's mostly true. For weight gain, I think it would be okay to take it at night, but not for cutting (I'm not a huge fan of MCT's for weight loss, anyway).

As for post-workout, I'm also a believer in carbs, because I don't believe that MCT's cause an insulin flux. However, they are burned for energy rather than stored as fat, and there is some evidence that suggests they increase your metabolism.

damn...conflicting advice.

ok, so say cost isn't the issue. if you got to take it on a daily basis and could only workout around 6 or 8 pm, when and how many times a day would ya'll take it? i'm also thinking about incorporating some of that NOS stuff i heard about in another thread. how would ya'll work this with the muscle milk, or would you?

Madmick said:

Whoa whoa whoa..

Isn't muscle milk supposed to be a combination of whey and casein?

Back