muscle milk

Ted-P said:
Whoa whoa whoa..

Isn't muscle milk supposed to be a combination of whey and casein?

ive never heard that, or read that anywhere on any of the labels or in any reviews. all it says is it is good to take at night.

Tkdmmafighter said:
ive never heard that, or read that anywhere on any of the labels or in any reviews. all it says is it is good to take at night.
it has whey peptide and isolate on the ingredient.

Old Glory said:
damn...conflicting advice.

ok, so say cost isn't the issue. if you got to take it on a daily basis and could only workout around 6 or 8 pm, when and how many times a day would ya'll take it? i'm also thinking about incorporating some of that NOS stuff i heard about in another thread. how would ya'll work this with the muscle milk, or would you?

NOS is "bunk".. :D .. read the "A-AKG and regular arginine" thread.. mick explains it all :wink:

Add one scoop of Whey Protein and one scoop of Muscle Milk to skim milk and take it whenever you want. That way, everybody wins.

finnegan said:
Add one scoop of Whey Protein and one scoop of Muscle Milk to skim milk and take it whenever you want. That way, everybody wins.

There already is whey and casein in MM, yes, Ted-P. It's just that instead of maltodextrin (to make a carb/protein formula) they use MCT's (to make a special fat/protein formula).

Kabuki has said it many times before: MM is a protein powder it's just not solely a protein powder. They have a whey-only powder too, TKD got the Cocoa Bean, apparently.

Madmick said:
There already is whey and casein in MM, yes, Ted-P. It's just that instead of maltodextrin (to make a carb/protein formula) they use MCT's (to make a special fat/protein formula).

Kabuki has said it many times before: MM is a protein powder it's just not solely a protein powder. They have a whey-only powder too, TKD got the Cocoa Bean, apparently.

yea i did. it pwns. i didnt realize MM had casein in it, maybe im an idiot. ive got tubs and rtds layin all over my room. lol.

I finally tried Muscle Milk today(chocolate flavor.) ... Heh, even with all the good reviews I never actually expected the taste to be so good. :/

A+ in my book.

Hmm... I was thinking, doesn't anyone else see a correlation to the great taste and the very high fat count? Maybe the lean lipids thing is exagerated....maybe there are only like 2 grams of LL's and the other like 14 are just milk fats and shit to add to the taste.

Brand Nizzle said:
Hmm... I was thinking, doesn't anyone else see a correlation to the great taste and the very high fat count? Maybe the lean lipids thing is exagerated....maybe there are only like 2 grams of LL's and the other like 14 are just milk fats and shit to add to the taste.

Yes. I don't think the majority of fat in MM is actually MCT's. Another reason I don't prefer it for weight loss, but will recommend it for weight gain.

Still, even normal fats have higher thermogenic properties than carbs or protein. I think Zydrax wrote about this in Kabuki's sticky.

Madmick said:
Yes. I don't think the majority of fat in MM is actually MCT's. Another reason I don't prefer it for weight loss, but will recommend it for weight gain.

Still, even normal fats have higher thermogenic properties than carbs or protein. I think Zydrax wrote about this in Kabuki's sticky.
well it says 80% of the saturated fat(8g two scoops) is MCT.

So yea majority of fat isnt MCT.

lol Mick I hate to keep busting your bubble because I really like ya. But I'm still using muscle milk and as I type this I'm at 165, which is the leanest I've ever been in my adult life. I don't use it as much as guys who are trying to gain weight, but still using it.

This supplement is definitely not a gimmick. Not for everyone, true. But it's proven more than worth it's use. I've given it to cancer patients and recovering drug addicts to help get their weight back healthy, today a guy bought it because he said he heard so much about it. It was for his wife who has MD, and at 5'4" she's down to 101lbs. The Doctor recommended this supplement. But the ONE thing that I think makes it so good is not even a breakdown of all the ingredients. Ingredients are ingredients. I think Cytosport just hit the nail on the head with the molecular formation of it closely resembling that of mother's milk. It's long been known humans have been suffering health-wise from the years of drinking Bovine milk not designed for us as opposed to human milk which is tailor made for our physiology.

I'll personally attest to what Kabuki said. I've been using it more to drop body mass and help gain muscle mass. I too sit at about 165 and my workout and my conditioning has never been this good pre-MM.

Only thing I don't like about muscle milk is the copious amounts of gas that it gives me when I mix it with milk... but whatever :D I also have noticed that using MM before a workout does not give me this condition

King Kabuki said:
lol Mick I hate to keep busting your bubble because I really like ya. But I'm still using muscle milk and as I type this I'm at 165, which is the leanest I've ever been in my adult life. I don't use it as much as guys who are trying to gain weight, but still using it.

This supplement is definitely not a gimmick. Not for everyone, true. But it's proven more than worth it's use. I've given it to cancer patients and recovering drug addicts to help get their weight back healthy, today a guy bought it because he said he heard so much about it. It was for his wife who has MD, and at 5'4" she's down to 101lbs. The Doctor recommended this supplement. But the ONE thing that I think makes it so good is not even a breakdown of all the ingredients. Ingredients are ingredients. I think Cytosport just hit the nail on the head with the molecular formation of it closely resembling that of mother's milk. It's long been known humans have been suffering health-wise from the years of drinking Bovine milk not designed for us as opposed to human milk which is tailor made for our physiology.
I heard it's not ideal for postwork after lifting.

Is it true?

Only thing I don't like about muscle milk is the copious amounts of gas that it gives me when I mix it with milk... but whatever I also have noticed that using MM before a workout does not give me this condition

lol Good stuff. Yeah, it definitely does give the best protein dump a guy can take. I think the reason though is because it's non-lactic by design. So mixing it with milk kind of defeats it's purpose in that respect. If you want to see this occur naturally stop drinking milk for like a year then have ONE glass. I guarantee you'll nearly shit yourself.

I heard it's not ideal for postwork?

Is it true?

I don't know why you would have heard that. All I can say is I've suggested it for about every possible use a person can think of and with a few exceptions (like I said, not for everyone), it's done the job very well. I use it post-workout. Then I eat like an hour after that a full meal. I train at least 3 hours per day usually and work, bye the time I get to work I'm almost never tired from my workout earlier in the day. Clients of mine use it any time, first thing upon waking, post workout, some use it pre or even during (I don't know how they can drink a shake during though, I'd hork), and last thing before bed.

King Kabuki said:
I don't know why you would have heard that. All I can say is I've suggested it for about every possible use a person can think of and with a few exceptions (like I said, not for everyone), it's done the job very well. I use it post-workout. Then I eat like an hour after that a full meal. I train at least 3 hours per day usually and work, bye the time I get to work I'm almost never tired from my workout earlier in the day. Clients of mine use it any time, first thing upon waking, post workout, some use it pre or even during (I don't know how they can drink a shake during though, I'd hork), and last thing before bed.
I forgot to mention lifting.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protein/muscle-milk-cytosport.htm

cause it doesn't have enough whey protein in it?

Who said whey protein is the only protein source that can be taken after workout? Some people prefer to eat REAL food post workout. Chicken has no whey in it. Neither does fish or steak. Casein, and especially compined with the whey peptides make more than a sufficient 32 grams of protein for post-workout nutrition IMO.

Twice that page says he doesn't recommend it post-workout, and not once does it explain why.

Back