muscle milk

what is it about this stuff that has caught the nutrition world by storm

saaavage said:
what is it about this stuff that has caught the nutrition world by storm
it gives me horrible sinus problems :icon_cry2

supersudo said:
well it happens to me everytime i drink milk whether it's lactose free or not... if it's regular milk, i also get loose shits.. my allergies always seem to correlate with my consumption of milk.. i've stopped drinking milk for quite some time and haven't had a bad case of sinuses like this during that time..

i'll give u guys an update tomorrow night.. i won't take any MM in the morning and i'll let u guys know if my sinuses are still flaring up.. :D

You my friend, have a mild food allergy. I have the same problem, anytime I drink much milk or eat a large amount of dairy my sinuses/allergies will be bad.

Clint07 said:
You my friend, have a mild food allergy. I have the same problem, anytime I drink much milk or eat a large amount of dairy my sinuses/allergies will be bad.

mild?.. i'd hate to know what a severe food-allergy is like.. man!!.. :eek:

anyway, i was muscle-milk free today and my sinuses were a little better.. i still had a sniffles though.. however i didn't have any head congestion and drowsiness like yesterday..

i guess i'll stick with whey for now.. i think it's the casein in muscle milk (and cow milk) in fact, because it stays in ur system up to 7+hrs right?.. where whey is only in ur system for 2-3hrs.. :D

Would u guys recommend taking MM before a cardio and calisthenic workout or just before lifting wieghts?

anyway, i was muscle-milk free today and my sinuses were a little better.. i still had a sniffles though.. however i didn't have any head congestion and drowsiness like yesterday..

I've seen people hospitalized over food allergies with food poisoning-like symptoms. They can also kill you.

King Kabuki said:
You least-of-all need it. lol

I don't know what you got against MCT's for weight loss. In America it's not that MCT's or any nutritional fat for that matter, are being billed as any kind of miracle. What people lose sight of is that it's just a whole Hell of a lot better than the shit people eat on a normal basis. If there were proper intake of good fats from proper sources, MCT's as a supplement would be moot.

I just haven't seen any compelling evidence that it does. I know some guys say they've lost weight on it, but not nearly as many hardgainers who said it finally helped them gain or guys trying to make weight at a heavier category who need a lean gain. And these are the things the dieticians like about MCT's.

My little brother actually made a decision recently to become an Registered Dietician (RD). He's going for a degree in nutritional sciences. So maybe I'll be able to get his ass on here.

Back