• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mousasi would destroy Du Plessis

My point is the Moose should have dominated that fight if the hype behind him was real.

The guy has talent, but as other posters have pointed out, he's inconsistent.
You're underrated King Mo, the fact that it was at 205 and not 185 and that style match ups matter. Besides like I said in my previous post with the modern judging criteria Mousasi probably would have won.

King Mo at the time he beat Mousasi was very much a rookie and limited despite his obvious athletic gifts.

No shame in losing to him, but if you have the hype Mousasi does, you're supposed to do what Feijao and Newton did - Ice Mo.
Mousasi is a 185er not a 205er, style wise those guys also match up better as both have strong TDD. Besides like I said in my previous post with the modern judging criteria Mousasi probably would have won.

Moose should fight Impa, far from a given he wins imo.

How old is he? He isnt even Bellator champ anymore...

Mousasi is a 185er not a 205er, style wise those guys also match up better as both have strong TDD. Besides like I said in my previous post with the modern judging criteria Mousasi probably would have won.
Even then, King Mo was not one of the bigger LHWs and was at a vast disadvantage when it came to experience in that fight. I stand by my statement that anything less than a finish for Mousasi was a bad look.

Reactions: mkt
How old is he? He isnt even Bellator champ anymore...
Even if he was the exact age he was when he first left for Bellator I think he probably loses.

He was 32 but in his Bellator debut he arguably should've lost to Storm. I feel like DDP's brute force approach, especially the opportunistic wrestling, would be enough to get by Gegard.

Even then, King Mo was not one of the bigger LHWs and was at a vast disadvantage when it came to experience in that fight. I stand by my statement that anything less than a finish for Mousasi was a bad look.
King Mo fought his whole career at 205 and HW and was a great wrestler. Mousasi was notorious for having poor TDD and the fight was won by 1 round and was even controversial back before the scoring criteria was changed and Mousasi was his best at 185 and this is a thread bout how he would do against a 185er which King Mo never was. Your logic on this makes zero sense to me.

I like DDP and he has good takedowns but he is nowhere close to as good of a wrestler as King Mo was and has fought at 170 and 185 not 205 and HW. He is also more of a Judo guy/clinch takedown guy and Mousasi has better TDD against clinch based takedowns.

King Mo at the time he beat Mousasi was very much a rookie and limited despite his obvious athletic gifts.

No shame in losing to him, but if you have the hype Mousasi does, you're supposed to do what Feijao and Newton did - Ice Mo.

King Mo was very good when Mousasi fought him. An Olympic wrestler and D1 wrestling champion with KO power in both hands and knocked Jiri out on the feet.

I'll be honest I doubt it. He fights in the Pharmers Fight League.

Just saying..

He lost to King Mo who literally only had one trick up his sleeve. Just one..
And Urijah Hall. And don't forget he was destroyed by Jacare and lost to Machida (first fight) when Lyoto was several years past his prime and Mousasi was 5 years younger.

Fun fact: Mousasi never beat an elite fighter in their prime. And the only time he was ever ranked in the top 5 (in either UFC or Sherdog rankings) was after his bizarre win against Weidman, when the UFC had him #4.
I've always found it puzzling
  • Jon Jones beats Rampage, Machida, Shogun and Rashad Evans when they're between 29 and 33 years old....but allegedly they're way past their primes
  • Mousasi beats 40+ year old versions of Hendo and Belfort after they're off TRT...and Moose fans act like he beat the Hendo who just beat Fedor and the Belfort who murked Frankling, Bisping and Rockhold.

Prime Mousasi obviously beats Du Plessis. But as he nears 40 years old, Mousasi has finally fallen off. He struggled against Leon Edwards' idiot brother for fuck's sake.

UFC vs PFL/Bellator would be very interesting at the moment. Vadim Nemkov would be a big favorite over Alex Pereira. Johnny Eblin beats Du Plessis. Jason Jackson vs Leon Edwards is close, but ultimately Jackson has the edge.
Obviously based on what? I have DDP in a close fight similar to DDP-Strickland. DDP likely get enough TDs to secure a win.

Eblen struggled mightily with some no-name from PFL. Nemkov was losing to Corey freakin' Anderson in their first fight. Poatan is a much better striker so Nemkov would have to take and keep Poatan on the ground.

Prime Mousasi obviously beats Du Plessis. But as he nears 40 years old, Mousasi has finally fallen off. He struggled against Leon Edwards' idiot brother for fuck's sake.

UFC vs PFL/Bellator would be very interesting at the moment. Vadim Nemkov would be a big favorite over Alex Pereira. Johnny Eblin beats Du Plessis. Jason Jackson vs Leon Edwards is close, but ultimately Jackson has the edge.
I think there's tons of talent in other Leagues and I'm not a UFC supremacy guy at all but do you really think Jackson is better than Leon? I don't think so. Others are plausible though

Mousasi barely beat a 41-year old Machida back in the pre-COVID days. He'd get embarrassed by DDP, Strickland, Whittaker, Izzy, Poatan, Cannonier, etc. now. And Cannonier is actually older than Mousasi.

King Mo was very good when Mousasi fought him. An Olympic wrestler and D1 wrestling champion with KO power in both hands and knocked Jiri out on the feet.
So good he got destroyed by Cavalcante and lost to Emmanuel LOL Newton twice in his prime!

Back